Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
MRKNJ

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible 2SS/RS
Leather Seat Belt Guides 2SS / 2LT

Anyone else's seat belt guides starting to wear from use already? (Less than 4K miles and 4 months of owership). Mine are begining to show wear on the inside edges from the seatbelts being pulled through them... I know that Volkswagon has replaced the entire leather seat covers several times in my 2007 EOS (since the guides are identically manufactured and attached as the Camaro's). But because of the BS Chevrolet and my dealer has given me over the Rally Stripes, I do not want to raise this concern with them until the stripes issue is resolved... For now I will simply go back to not using them and just deal with the seatbelt against my neck... Anyone else have this problem yet and reported to Chevrolet? Anyone come up with a good solution?
MRKNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
I don't have that problem, they look brand new. But if they were showing wear I would tell the service mngr to replace them.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKNJ View Post
Anyone else's seat belt guides starting to wear from use already? (Less than 4K miles and 4 months of owership). Mine are begining to show wear on the inside edges from the seatbelts being pulled through them... I know that Volkswagon has replaced the entire leather seat covers several times in my 2007 EOS (since the guides are identically manufactured and attached as the Camaro's). But because of the BS Chevrolet and my dealer has given me over the Rally Stripes, I do not want to raise this concern with them until the stripes issue is resolved... For now I will simply go back to not using them and just deal with the seatbelt against my neck... Anyone else have this problem yet and reported to Chevrolet? Anyone come up with a good solution?
I don't have my car with me today but my guess would be that the "leather" is actually vinyl. The problem that I have sometimes is the guide becomming unfastened from the seat back. I am going to put some powerful rare earth magnets on the seat back portion.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
Mine is showing wear as well. I'll wait a bit to adress it incase there is an update repair with BETTER material used. Or i'll wait before warranty gets close to expiring.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
MRKNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
I don't have my car with me today but my guess would be that the "leather" is actually vinyl. The problem that I have sometimes is the guide becomming unfastened from the seat back. I am going to put some powerful rare earth magnets on the seat back portion.
Mine unsnaps rather easily when I lean to the center too quickly (like when grabbing wallet from back pocket). What do you mean by unfastened from the seat back? Where will you be using magnets and how?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
MRKNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian ss View Post
Mine is showing wear as well. I'll wait a bit to adress it incase there is an update repair with BETTER material used. Or i'll wait before warranty gets close to expiring.
Am thinking the same thing but I am concerned that at just under 4K miles it is showing this type of wear already!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKNJ View Post
Mine unsnaps rather easily when I lean to the center too quickly (like when grabbing wallet from back pocket). What do you mean by unfastened from the seat back? Where will you be using magnets and how?
The magnets are small discs that can be purchased from a hardware store. I will measure the counter bore that looks like the female portion of a snap to find the size, then I will purchase magnets to fit in the C'bores. Rare earth magnets are very powerful and the belt loops will not come undone again.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
MRKNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
The magnets are small discs that can be purchased from a hardware store. I will measure the counter bore that looks like the female portion of a snap to find the size, then I will purchase magnets to fit in the C'bores. Rare earth magnets are very powerful and the belt loops will not come undone again.
Interesting fix however, without the quick release of the stock magnets, aren't you afraid of the issue with the leather wearing to get worse?

Tags
guide, seat belt, seat covers