Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #6091
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
First drive after 5 months in the garage and in less than 5 minutes I get a guy who stops next to me at a red light even though he could pulled up another hundred feet. I finally look over and get a big smile and a thumbs up! Is it the car or the color?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #6092
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Gotta love it!!! I still argue with people on whether or not my car has a custom paint job! I just shake my head and say if you don't believe me go look online at the Aqua Blue Beauty!! What I love even more is the color changes and glows sunrise and sundown! And always under the light.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #6093
onelapdoc

Drives: 2LT/RS coupe M6 IBM
Hey my bad guys Geez I feel like I'm getting ripped up here. I didn't try to slip any thing in on anyone. Simple mistake wrong click on the forum. I follow both threads. Didn't realize which one I was in.
Sorry. Get over it.
onelapdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #6094
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Retro View Post
I didn't know this forum even existed, I'm glad to see that there are other ABM fans out there. Best color ever!

Gotta believe my Camaro is pretty late in the game!

#3733.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelapdoc View Post
Hey my bad guys Geez I feel like I'm getting ripped up here. I didn't try to slip any thing in on anyone. Simple mistake wrong click on the forum. I follow both threads. Didn't realize which one I was in.
Sorry. Get over it.
Easy. No one's getting bent out of shape and it was an honest mistake. No worries.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #6095
onelapdoc

Drives: 2LT/RS coupe M6 IBM
Cool I love both blues. IBM was the only one available when I ordered. I follow both threads because either blue beats any other color out there.
onelapdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #6096
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelapdoc View Post
Cool I love both blues. IBM was the only one available when I ordered. I follow both threads because either blue beats any other color out there.
I originally was gonna order IBM because I wanted blue and ABM was hideous on GM's website. A friend let me see his IBM in person and it was a lot darker then I wanted (was hoping for a shade like my dad's 2005 C6 'vette in Le Mans Blue). Once I saw an ABM in person it was done ABM was ordered.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #6097
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I originally was gonna order IBM because I wanted blue and ABM was hideous on GM's website. A friend let me see his IBM in person and it was a lot darker then I wanted (was hoping for a shade like my dad's 2005 C6 'vette in Le Mans Blue). Once I saw an ABM in person it was done ABM was ordered.
It's amazing how different the ABM looks in person, lighting, night, day, pictures etc. My favorite is right before sunset, and under certain lighting at night under a gas station it really pops!!! The first time I saw the ABM in person I seriously called my buddy and said I WANT IT lol!!!!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #6098
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Honestly. ABM is just like IOM. They change soo much and are truly beautiful colours. IOM too is best right before sunset. The metallic just pops.
Love ABM. It's beautiful and best part is that's it's rare
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #6099
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraSS View Post
It's amazing how different the ABM looks in person, lighting, night, day, pictures etc. My favorite is right before sunset, and under certain lighting at night under a gas station it really pops!!! The first time I saw the ABM in person I seriously called my buddy and said I WANT IT lol!!!!
i had seen one in the sunlight and loved it. just needed to see it in shade/rain weather since the aqua comes out more and i wasn't jazzed about the aqua part of it that much. saw one when i flew out to maryland and it was raining. the aqua aspect wasn't bad and i made my decision right there. i had seen it in the sunlight like 4 days before that. oddly enough, when i went to order mine, they had an ABM on the lot. my dad got a Camaro about 8-10 months after i got mine and was searching for an ABM as well. they had one at a local dealer, but it had like 120 test drive miles on it. so he passed. ordering had been long done before that point. so he ended up with RJT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Honestly. ABM is just like IOM. They change soo much and are truly beautiful colours. IOM too is best right before sunset. The metallic just pops.
Love ABM. It's beautiful and best part is that's it's rare
agreed. a good buddy of mine has IOM and it has a gold orange look to it in certain light and red in others. love the metallic colors on the Camaro.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #6100
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help with determining how many are like yours. I've got 3610 VINs with the options detailed, but obviously that's not the final number. Of those 3610, I've got a bunch that are LS3 2SS models with black interior and black stripes, but I no longer have the data about sunroofs and the RS package. Sorry. Anyway, your car is #175.

#1952.

#2326.

42239? I actually don't have that one on my list, which would mean that I'm only missing 32. Would you mind PMing me your full VIN? Your car is most likely #1329.

Awesome...
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #6101
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Ok Wheels are on as of Yesterday.. Graphics today.. I will post some pictures soon.. You will either love it or hate and really as Long as I love it thats all that counts right lol..

CamaroFest can't wait to go ..
Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #6102
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I thought the ABM was that sea green color they have on the GM trucks based on the image on the site... I was like wow not so good actually... glad I saw better pictures of it before I put in my order.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #6103
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I thought the ABM was that sea green color they have on the GM trucks based on the image on the site... I was like wow not so good actually... glad I saw better pictures of it before I put in my order.
I ordered ABM sight unseen. It was the only color I had no seen on a car. I just had faith and whe I saw the car for the first time. I knew I had chosen well.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #6104
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
I ordered ABM sight unseen. It was the only color I had no seen on a car. I just had faith and whe I saw the car for the first time. I knew I had chosen well.
Same here, I had seen photos of it on the HHR but that was it, but that was after I ordered the color. The color I thought it was based on the image on the site looked like what I know now to be the golden teal metallic on the HHR.

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!