Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
ctrick

Drives: not yet
Camaro vs Altima - thoughts?

My friend has a newer Maxima - pretty nice but want a MT. Wondering if anyone has test driven the Altima compared to a Camaro?

Yes, I'm fully aware this is a Camaro forum and know how great the Camaro is, but am wondering if anyone went through that comparison process and their thoughts.

I'm pretty positive that if I go to a Nissan dealer I can instantly test drive a car as opposed to the B.S. of going through the "Nazi psycho exam" trying to test drive a Camaro that I'm willing to drop $30K on.

[rant]
And seriously WTF is with that - I'm not even looking to drive the SS just the V6 - absolutely ridiculous and it really pisses me off. It's not like I'm some 18 year old at all (no offense to the 18 year olds). Is it that the car has poor visibility and the dealers know that and they don't want the liability? I DO have insurance...WTF!
[end of rant]

Thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
?!?!?!? Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't know how you compare them? They aren't even in any way shape or form similar, and that comes back to a more fundamental question...

What are you looking for in a car? Ones a sedan and ones a sports car...

I think you should decide if your looking for a flashy sports car, or a hide-with-the-crowd sedan? A "feel the power" sports car, or a "Power is just a means to the end" sedan? A "functionality comes last" sports car, or a "Functionality comes first" sedan....

Now your going to tell me "oh but the altima coupe isn't a sedan". Same basic principle.

Instead of specific vehicles, I would love to discuss the best TYPE of vehicle for your needs. Tell us a little more of what your looking for and how you'll use it... that can make it easier to give a recommendation of this type. Once you determine the best TYPE, that will instantly answer your question!!

Hope that helps
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
?!?!?!? Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't know how you compare them? They aren't even in any way shape or form similar, and that comes back to a more fundamental question...

What are you looking for in a car? Ones a sedan and ones a sports car...

I think you should decide if your looking for a flashy sports car, or a hide-with-the-crowd sedan? A "feel the power" sports car, or a "Power is just a means to the end" sedan? A "functionality comes last" sports car, or a "Functionality comes first" sedan....

Now your going to tell me "oh but the altima coupe isn't a sedan". Same basic principle.

Instead of specific vehicles, I would love to discuss the best TYPE of vehicle for your needs. Tell us a little more of what your looking for and how you'll use it... that can make it easier to give a recommendation of this type. Once you determine the best TYPE, that will instantly answer your question!!

Hope that helps
perfect ..... couldnt have said it better my self
Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
If you have the choice of choosing, get the Camaro. It isn't good for snow or if you drive a lot of people around, but at the end of the day you would have one of the nicest cars ever made. For me hands down Camaro, its not my daily driver, but I have a SS and baby the hell out of it. I work with a guy who has a V6 and he uses it as a daily driver and has no complaints, it gets decent gas mileage and turns heads everywhere. Now the Altima everyone and their mother has one.

If you want to waste your money than drive a Altima, its also been out a few years and the body style will change in the next 2 years probably and lose a lot of value , if you want to make the best choice buy a Camaro, and if you can get a SS its worth every penny.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
um...these are apples and oranges.
usually... i have heard the posts, trying to decide on a camaro and a challenger...or maybe even a 370Z...but not an altima.

for me, i wouldn't hesistate over a camaro and an altima, and would get the camaro.

on the other hand, the altima will be cheap on insurance, gas, and is very practical. but about as fun a loaf of bread.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Its real simple... you get the "Nazi psycho exam" because this is the hottest car of the year (FACT), and they dont want you putting miles on a vehicle that Everyone wants. ALTIMA? whats that? are you kidding? comparing these two cars.

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"
Old 12-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrick View Post
My friend has a newer Maxima - pretty nice but want a MT. Wondering if anyone has test driven the Altima compared to a Camaro?

Yes, I'm fully aware this is a Camaro forum and know how great the Camaro is, but am wondering if anyone went through that comparison process and their thoughts.

I'm pretty positive that if I go to a Nissan dealer I can instantly test drive a car as opposed to the B.S. of going through the "Nazi psycho exam" trying to test drive a Camaro that I'm willing to drop $30K on.

[rant]
And seriously WTF is with that - I'm not even looking to drive the SS just the V6 - absolutely ridiculous and it really pisses me off. It's not like I'm some 18 year old at all (no offense to the 18 year olds). Is it that the car has poor visibility and the dealers know that and they don't want the liability? I DO have insurance...WTF!
[end of rant]

Thanks
Good inquiry. I've test driven the altima coupe and the newer maximas, the ones with the new sleek design, and too me they ride similar to a sentra. lol. I'm not trying to insult but that's how it felt; there was no "umph" on the throttle. I could have actually had the altima coupe with 3,000 down out the door but I seen the Camaro SS in person and realized I could get something faster and more visually appearance for close to the same price. As the above poster said, it depends on your wants, needs and desires. If you need more backseat room get the newer maxima, but if you mostly travel alone with the except of a chick here and there or maybe 2 buddys, get the Maro.

I'll tell you this, the Camaro is a performance sports coupe, the Altima is just a coupe. lol. The biggest problem I see is that the Altima still looks like a car. The Camaro really just looks like something different,....and out-there, it'll really stand out on the road as opposed to any other car, and not just because it's "new" and not many people have it, but because of the design. I see no other car which produces the combination of looks this car does; sexual masculinity. That's all I can say! lol!

Having driven both though, I'd give the ride to the Camaro. I've never driven a car that go 90mph in mild to hard rain and still have a ride which feels like your "gliding". It's amazing. If you want a coupe, period, get the Camaro, if you want more space get the Nissan. If you want performance-get the Camaro. If you want buddy room-get the Nissan.

If you want women lined up to have hot passionate sex with you simply because YOU OWN a Camaro-GET THE CAMARO!

One night stands? CAMARO!

More women secretly passing you they're number? CAMARO

More dates!? CAMARO

More RESPECT? CAMARO

Celebrity status while out and about? CAMARO

Whoops....hehe, I've driven a little "too far" from the comparison. Look, figure out what you want. But get the Camaro.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #8
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Good inquiry. I've test driven the altima coupe and the newer maximas, the ones with the new sleek design, and too me they ride similar to a sentra. lol. I'm not trying to insult but that's how it felt; there was no "umph" on the throttle. I could have actually had the altima coupe with 3,000 down out the door but I seen the Camaro SS in person and realized I could get something faster and more visually appearance for close to the same price. As the above poster said, it depends on your wants, needs and desires. If you need more backseat room get the newer maxima, but if you mostly travel alone with the except of a chick here and there or maybe 2 buddys, get the Maro.

I'll tell you this, the Camaro is a performance sports coupe, the Altima is just a coupe. lol. The biggest problem I see is that the Altima still looks like a car. The Camaro really just looks like something different,....and out-there, it'll really stand out on the road as opposed to any other car, and not just because it's "new" and not many people have it, but because of the design. I see no other car which produces the combination of looks this car does; sexual masculinity. That's all I can say! lol!

Having driven both though, I'd give the ride to the Camaro. I've never driven a car that go 90mph in mild to hard rain and still have a ride which feels like your "gliding". It's amazing. If you want a coupe, period, get the Camaro, if you want more space get the Nissan. If you want performance-get the Camaro. If you want buddy room-get the Nissan.

If you want women lined up to have hot passionate sex with you simply because YOU OWN a Camaro-GET THE CAMARO!

One night stands? CAMARO!

More women secretly passing you they're number? CAMARO

More dates!? CAMARO

More RESPECT? CAMARO

Celebrity status while out and about? CAMARO

Whoops....hehe, I've driven a little "too far" from the comparison. Look, figure out what you want. But get the Camaro.
Make sure your talking to a guy before you jump to some of those assumptions... Or did I miss something????

Of course if it is a girl, you can just flip everything on it's head!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 12-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #9
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

To be blunt,....lets forget all the kind words, the Camaro poops on Altimas and Maximas. And I do mean that in a literal sense.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-26-2009, 02:02 AM   #10
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
Make sure your talking to a guy before you jump to some of those assumptions... Or did I miss something????

Of course if it is a girl, you can just flip everything on it's head!
OMG, wow. That is just the epitome of SEXY.......a girl with a Camaro! Hell, ANY girl that steps out of one of these things will be drop dead gorgeous! It does that to you.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #11
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Altima?

I... I feel dirty. *gags*
Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Alot of my family has/has had Nissans - great vehicles, probably my favorite overall car company.. I have an 09 Titan and absolutely love it. That being said - no contest here, get the Camaro.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
bobscogin

Drives: 2016 Challenger R/T, 1965 Impala SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrick View Post
Thanks
Just stop right there. You've already missed the point of the Camaro.

Bob
Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #14
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
I'd started looking at a new second car over two years ago. If they hadn't announced the camaro I would be driving the new Altima 3.5 coupe, a used 350Z or a mustang.

God and GM intervened.

I will pray for you ctrick.

Closed Thread