Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #1
Inferno_Orange_
Bolokay

Drives: Inferno Orange 2012 1SS
Scooting sideways on right hand curves?

Hey, so I have a weird issue. I'm on bc racing br coilovers set to the same ride height that they came on and I also have bmr swaybars and bmr trailing arms. I have an issue where on sweeping right hand curves it feels like the rear end is scooting out and about to let go and slide. It only happens on sweeping turns and it stays planted on sharp turns that I push even harder. I got an alignment about 3 weeks ago to try and fix the issue and I also got new tires about a week ago but I'm still having the same problem. I haven't noticed it doing it while going around left turns in anyway and I can't figure out what it could be. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Last edited by Inferno_Orange_; 08-22-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Inferno_Orange_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Might be fastest to contact the wizard himself : He's always a great bank of knowledge and should steer ya in the right direction.

JP Superior Solutions
2820 Kings Mountain Road
Martinsville VA, Virginia 24112

(276) 644-0100

info@jpssonline.com

Also goes by JusticePete on the forums
ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:25 AM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Was everything properly clocked/timed?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
Inferno_Orange_
Bolokay

As far as I know I did it right. I followed someone's post on how to do it because I'd never heard of doing it before but I've read that it's something you need to do after lowering. Also this problem didn't start until about 3 months after I lowered it and about a month after the trailing arms. The day before it started it felt as planted as ever.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
Inferno_Orange_
Bolokay

So I eventually was able to use a jack to jack up each side and pull on the wheels to try and diagnose the issue. Turns out my left rear tie rod nut where it connects to the wheel was so loose that I could back it off with my fingers. It was causing the wheel to wobble under corner load and was actually loose enough to where it probably would have backed out all the way if I drove it to much longer. All this is after it's been to the alignment shop twice without a solution and I solved it in 10 minutes with a jack .
Old 09-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #6
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno_Orange_ View Post
So I eventually was able to use a jack to jack up each side and pull on the wheels to try and diagnose the issue. Turns out my left rear tie rod nut where it connects to the wheel was so loose that I could back it off with my fingers. It was causing the wheel to wobble under corner load and was actually loose enough to where it probably would have backed out all the way if I drove it to much longer. All this is after it's been to the alignment shop twice without a solution and I solved it in 10 minutes with a jack .
Thanks for the update!

I too have been having weird issues when pushing hard around corners or even hard braking at higher speed with the ass-end boot scootin boogie.

The car is in the body shop right now, but going to be checking all bolts on the rear suspension and possibly having to replace the poly bushings I installed 4 years ago.

Well, the poly bushings came with the BMR toe rods, rear trailing arms, and rear lower control arms.

I plan on giving it all a thorough check when I get the car back from the body shop.