Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #57
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Time to start putting money back for this lol.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #58
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Time to start putting money back for this lol.

You'll be glad you did!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #59
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Great question!

We are big fans of the JDP kit, and have been promoting their halo kit since they started offering it. That was the first kit I installed on my car, and I pre-ordered the kit before they were released.

We will be offering an upgrade to their kit shortly. This will basically turn their kit into a NightOwl system. You will be retaining their wiring harness, and their LEDs. This will save you a lot of time by not having to install the halo LEDs.

We have made our kit plug-and-play compatible with theirs. That should mean that there is no splicing required. Unhook their controller from the wiring harnesses, and plug ours in. It really should be that simple.

You will gain independent control over the halos, precise color selection, new program types, a remote with very good range, wifi control, and more. You'll also end up with a system that will let you expand into other parts of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

You'll be glad you did!
I believe it! I can't wait till they're offered... maybe they'll do a pre-order deal like JDP did hint hint....
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #60
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Any thing more concrete when product might be released. I have read several postings about product description and pending release, but that was awhile ago. Wasn't sure realistically if we could expect something by the end of the month or in months to come. Primary reason would help when deciding on other mods.

I could see a lengthy timeframe attempting to get vendors on board if not done so already.

Thanks for the info so far the info/videos so far. Gets everyone pumped up.
We have had our first batch of boards completed and tested since January, and are currently waiting for our harness manufacturing partner to get ramped up. They are on hold for another week or two waiting for crimping dies to be made for their machines.

We're getting everything together to announce our initial manufacturer-direct pricing, and begin accepting pre-orders for the halo kits. We'll be offering the product at a discount for these pre-orders. We will be releasing the product at a slow pace initially, while we get ramped up on production, and to insure that we're able to support any issues if they do come up. The individual modules will be released shortly after the halo kits. We're still doing some testing on one of the modules.

We fully anticipate beginning to ship products towards the end of April.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #61
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I love it! Subscribed.

Would you be able to implement a tap-set pattern option? For example, if you want the lights to display S.O.S in Morse code, you could hit 'start' tap tap tap hold hold hold tap tap tap 'end'. Then with that program, the lights would go into a repeat of " . . . - - - . . . "

Something like that might just seal the deal for me.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #62
ALLTRBO

On that note, you could then sync your system to music, various patterns for various channels, then with a good audio system (and a good musical ear and imagination) you could put on shows like those awesome whole-house Christmas light shows that you see on YouTube every year.
...Bonus points if you could control brightness and fade. I'd think something like that could sell pretty darn well to the show crowd.

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 03-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #63
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
We have had our first batch of boards completed and tested since January, and are currently waiting for our harness manufacturing partner to get ramped up. They are on hold for another week or two waiting for crimping dies to be made for their machines.

We're getting everything together to announce our initial manufacturer-direct pricing, and begin accepting pre-orders for the halo kits. We'll be offering the product at a discount for these pre-orders. We will be releasing the product at a slow pace initially, while we get ramped up on production, and to insure that we're able to support any issues if they do come up. The individual modules will be released shortly after the halo kits. We're still doing some testing on one of the modules.

We fully anticipate beginning to ship products towards the end of April.
This is great news. I will waiting for the pre-order! I have the JDP halos and having increased functionality will be awesome. I also have all new RGB strips to install throughout.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #64
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I love it! Subscribed.

Would you be able to implement a tap-set pattern option? For example, if you want the lights to display S.O.S in Morse code, you could hit 'start' tap tap tap hold hold hold tap tap tap 'end'. Then with that program, the lights would go into a repeat of " . . . - - - . . . "

Something like that might just seal the deal for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
On that note, you could then sync your system to music, various patterns for various channels, then with a good audio system (and a good musical ear and imagination) you could put on shows like those awesome whole-house Christmas light shows that you see on YouTube every year.
...Bonus points if you could control brightness and fade. I'd think something like that could sell pretty darn well to the show crowd.
I like the way you are thinking! We have some companion products that we anticipate offering later this year that are along these lines. We've been thinking a little ahead so that these current products will be compatible. I'm not going to get into any details at this point. We hope to have something to unveil at this year's camaro fest as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
This is great news. I will waiting for the pre-order! I have the JDP halos and having increased functionality will be awesome. I also have all new RGB strips to install throughout.
Thanks. Love your ZL1!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #65
ALLTRBO

ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #66
ThrasherJP1984

Drives: 2011 CGM V6 Camaro
So will this work with Andriod devices??? I saw something about iOS so i was wondering.
ThrasherJP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #67
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I know you are close to releasing this, but the anticipation is killing me...

Any Ideas on pricing for the full setup, shown in your video?

What kind of packages are going to be offered? Interior/ exterior?

Can we pre-order?

Are you going to setup the halos in headlights and have a core charge/exchange system. Or we on our own there?

are you supplying the leds for turn signals and DRLs in the kits?

Thanks I am really excited about your product.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #68
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
I'm dropping off my ZL1 next weekend. Try not to put too many miles on it. J/K
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #69
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post

Can we pre-order?

Are you going to setup the halos in headlights and have a core charge/exchange system. Or we on our own there?

Might read through post he addresses all your questions already
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #70
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherJP1984 View Post
So will this work with Andriod devices??? I saw something about iOS so i was wondering.
Android is coming...but it will be a couple months still. For anyone very interested, I'd suggest getting a cheap ios device (ipod touch, old cell phone) for use temporarily, and then sell it when we get the android version out. iPod Touch gen 4 and 5 are supported as well as iPhone 3GS and later. The iPhone does not need to have cellular service. I'm sorry that we won't have android available in the beginning...but we're working on it. The app is very full featured, and it takes a lot of time to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post

Can we pre-order?

Yeah...I've answered many of these...but there are a couple of new ones here. No, we won't be selling LEDs for the driving lights. Lots of choices out there. The LEDs in the halos will be installed just like in the JDP kit...no baking. It takes patience and a few tools, but nothing too difficult or scary about it. There have been hundreds on this forum that have done it themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
I'm dropping off my ZL1 next weekend. Try not to put too many miles on it. J/K
I'll be sure to drive it in reverse for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Might read through post he addresses all your questions already
Thanks.