Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
CaliSS85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
Drop questions and opinions

Hey everyone, im currently lookin in to dropping my maro a bit.
I an debating between a drop kit such as the eiboch drop kit pro...and a coilover system..they obviously have a huge cost difference and was wondering if there is really that big of a difference..my main concern is quality of ride. is it the same for both systems after the mod? sorry fir the ignorance...i dont know much about this stuff...any advice would be appreciated
CaliSS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSS85 View Post
Hey everyone, im currently lookin in to dropping my maro a bit.
I an debating between a drop kit such as the eiboch drop kit pro...and a coilover system..they obviously have a huge cost difference and was wondering if there is really that big of a difference..my main concern is quality of ride. is it the same for both systems after the mod? sorry fir the ignorance...i dont know much about this stuff...any advice would be appreciated
As long as you choose springs that stay in the efficiency range of your struts (1.25" or less) you can still maintain good ride quality.

If you plan on doing any track days, or are looking for a real gain in handling I would recommend coilovers.

For springs, Hotchkis offers a great riding 1" drop spring and Pfadt offers some good springs that drop the car 1.25".

If you want coilovers, then I'd recommend the Pfadt coilovers. Pfadt is a U.S. Company based right here out of Salt Lake City Utah. They specialize in suspension and performance parts for the Camaro and Corvette and are just starting to branch out into other platforms as well. Our JDP Camaro is equipped with just about every part Pfadt offers and has proven itself time and time again on the road course as well as in autocross.

We have hands on experience with all of the parts we sell and can get you setup with the right parts to meet your needs and wants without trial and error. Feel free to call, PM or email us anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
CaliSS85, I would highly recommend JDP and talking to Tyler. Great guy and since your in California you can get free shipping and no taxes from them. I have Hotchkis 1" springs and my ride is very nice. Purchased Pfadt ZLspec sway bars and links from JDP and would use them again.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
CaliSS85, I would highly recommend JDP and talking to Tyler. Great guy and since your in California you can get free shipping and no taxes from them. I have Hotchkis 1" springs and my ride is very nice. Purchased Pfadt ZLspec sway bars and links from JDP and would use them again.
Thanks for the kind words SS PANTHER!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
CaliSS85

sweet thanks for the info
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post

Did the same
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
You already dropped the CA! That should be enough! Can't stand "maro". Vette is the only one that works. Ever hear of an LS6 'Velle, 409 'pala? There's a reason you haven't.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
CaliSS85

**WARNING DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS**
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
not to hijack the thread but if your running ZL1 spec bars and use drop springs will the rear endlinks still work