Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #267
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I am reloading all my videos on Youtube. I will never use "protune" again. It made the quality horrible.

Check out session 6 about 8:50, you will see a red ZL1 spin out, we all seemed to want to do some dirt tracking... lol
Do you know what your lap times were? I love these GoPro vids because you can see how other guys take the lines and I can critique my own video!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #268
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Ok guys, I have my fingers back and can type again. I have been in a soft cast since Saturday night and have not been able to type without the single finger hunt and peck. Now I have a brace so things have gotten a little better.

To all the folks who thanked me for the help, you are more than welcome. That is the nice thing about this sport is we all want to be safe on the track and are all willing to help one another out.

Matt, videos look really cool. I still have a few to watch but I will get to them.

BTW guys you are supposed to keep it on the track.

I am ready for the next one, oh wait, I'm not actually. I have to wait for my injuries to heal, not related to this. Maybe by September.

I look forward to the next C5 one but maybe we can just check the schedules of the nearest tracks and see if there is a date agreeable and just meet there on our own. Of course if we had a road course/HPDE section on C5 that would make it easier.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #269
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Ok guys, I have my fingers back and can type again. I have been in a soft cast since Saturday night and have not been able to type without the single finger hunt and peck. Now I have a brace so things have gotten a little better.

To all the folks who thanked me for the help, you are more than welcome. That is the nice thing about this sport is we all want to be safe on the track and are all willing to help one another out.

Matt, videos look really cool. I still have a few to watch but I will get to them.

I am ready for the next one, oh wait, I'm not actually. I have to wait for my injuries to heal, not related to this. Maybe by September.

I look forward to the next C5 one but maybe we can just check the schedules of the nearest tracks and see if there is a date agreeable and just meet there on our own. Of course if we had a road course/HPDE section on C5 that would make it easier.
T.
Good God I hope your fingers heal quick! I'm down for another HPDE day, I think I'm hooked! I think a road course/HPDE sticky is a great idea!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #270
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Do you know what your lap times were? I love these GoPro vids because you can see how other guys take the lines and I can critique my own video!
I believe the last two sessions were 1:52, there might have been a few faster laps, but I only concern myself or count it when I am consistent. Actually looks like session 4 was my fastest laps though. looks like about half way through, there is a guy I get behing and we just put about three laps down around 1:49 to 1:50, that is kind of exciting.

Quote:

Of course if we had a road course/HPDE section on C5 that would make it easier.
Hey at least our cars made it through all the sessions

3ballsracing (thanks Crangie for the heads up) has a date at MidOhio on Monday Sept 16 for $260. That is CHEAP for mid-Ohio. If you have have never been on Mid-Ohio, oh man are you in for a treat. lots of this

I see the funny tags at the bottom of the thread have started as well. lol

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 07-24-2013 at 08:50 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #271
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
ok, which one of you has been holding out on us and won the sneak attack?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309021
post 16

BTW, it is my wrist and the heal of my hand Mike, thanks though.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #272
TLSTWIN

Quote:
ok, which one of you has been holding out on us and won the sneak attack?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309021
post 16

BTW, it is my wrist and the heal of my hand Mike, thanks though.

T.
I sure hope the person who won knows, that way they go to the camarofest

I highly doubt I will be going. I might drive out Saturday just to look at the Z28, but that is a long drive to just see the car....
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #273
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
A few of the photos I took, before everyone loses interest.
Attached Images

Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #274
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
A few of the photos I took, before everyone loses interest.
I was starting to look for the rain clouds, the ark, and noah, after the first couple pics...... they were coming by twos.... 2 ZL1's, 2 IOM's....
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #275
Aimless

Quote:
I see the funny tags at the bottom of the thread have started as well. lol
The truth hurts. Unfortunately it seems to hurt me far more than it does others.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #276
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Nice pics!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #277
TLSTWIN

Quote:
The truth hurts. Unfortunately it seems to hurt me far more than it does others.
I wouldn't take it as a put down, I am not sure who did it, but I would say they did it because u did do a good job out there.
Don't ever take what some people say personally here.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #278
Aimless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I wouldn't take it as a put down, I am not sure who did it, but I would say they did it because u did do a good job out there.
Don't ever take what some people say personally here.

I put it there crazy!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #279
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I put it there crazy!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #280
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I was just sitting here thinking about track day and realized just what a great bargain doing an HPDE day really is! I paid $185 for novice group with instructor and got 6 sessions of 10 laps each for a total of 60 laps for the day! That's only $3.08 per lap! When we go to Watkins Glen and do their parade laps behind a pace car that costs $25, or $8.33 per lap and we barely hit 90 or 100mph (if we're lucky)! I broke 100 twice every lap at Gingerman, not to mention the exhileration of entering and exiting the corners near the limit! Best part is we don't have to worry about the I can't wait to do it again!

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough