Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #2815
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
sorry to hear that bro ,glad noyhinn more happened.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #2816
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Younger guy who works for a halfway house for the mentally disabled was backing out their 17 person passenger van from their driveway. I was stopped on the other side of the street dropping the wife off at a friends. The driver just backed out and never even looked where he was going.
Dafuq?

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #2817
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
Dafuq?
$4,600 worth of Dafuq...

Yep...

New wheel, new tire, alignment.

New fender, new bumper.

Paint fender, bumper, blend into driver door, blend into passenger fender, blend into hood. Repaint custom stripes as well.

After 45 days of curing, will need to go back to Jay's and once again drop it off for opti-coat to both fenders, facia, hood, drivers door, and wheel.

Their insurance (who still hasn't contacted me yet) won't be happy.

Now....the shop I went to said I probably wouldn't get any reimbursement for diminished value as it was "only a fender bender." But, the car itself has never been involved in a documented crash. Yes, I had the rear and front bumpers repainted, but no accident report was made. They were minor scratches that I got fixed. This one is reportable to carfax, etc.

Should I get diminished value and if so, how much? I will have to take into account this is the 1st CGM off the line and is THR #2. To some people, they might not give a crap, but to others, having CGM#1/THR#2 would mean something....resulting in them possibly paint a tad more. Tons of documentation on this one...

Thoughts?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #2818
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
$4,600 worth of Dafuq...

Yep...

New wheel, new tire, alignment.

New fender, new bumper.

Paint fender, bumper, blend into driver door, blend into passenger fender, blend into hood. Repaint custom stripes as well.

After 45 days of curing, will need to go back to Jay's and once again drop it off for opti-coat to both fenders, facia, hood, drivers door, and wheel.

Their insurance (who still hasn't contacted me yet) won't be happy.

Now....the shop I went to said I probably wouldn't get any reimbursement for diminished value as it was "only a fender bender." But, the car itself has never been involved in a documented crash. Yes, I had the rear and front bumpers repainted, but no accident report was made. They were minor scratches that I got fixed. This one is reportable to carfax, etc.

Should I get diminished value and if so, how much? I will have to take into account this is the 1st CGM off the line and is THR #2. To some people, they might not give a crap, but to others, having CGM#1/THR#2 would mean something....resulting in them possibly paint a tad more. Tons of documentation on this one...

Thoughts?
You probably won't get diminished value - BUT you should make the case anyway. Arguing that prior to this the car had a clean car fax.

In regards to the guy's insurance not having contacted you yet - I'd follow up with your insurance and ask them to follow up. I mean assuming a police report was filed it wouldn't be hard to get the guy's insurance information from that. Either or, when you meet with his insurance's adjuster I'd walk them through why the repairs are going to cost $___ (I'd suggest having quotes from multiple places as well).

If you need help following up with the guy's insurance just let me know and I'll reach out to some people.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #2819
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Police report was made, of course. I took down all the guys insurance. Sad part was....the insurance paper had the advertising divisions number for the insurance company on the ins card vs the claims number. I called and called, left messages, etc. I finally got a call back from that number saying I was calling the advertising section. No kidding....make it harder for people to contact them right off the bat... I had to get the proper ins info off the internet.

I called his ins once and was told someone would be assigned the case, would contact me, etc. No one has. I was told it would be 24/48 hours but they could rush it. Nope. I know it was the holiday weekend, but nothing.

Since no one contacted me, I called my insurance and they said they'd handle it and would contact them/bill them, etc. paying for the repairs out of pocket for now should I need. I already went to a place that does ins adjustments and estimates for my ins co having my car looked at. I sent the appraisal over to them and they are forwarding it to the proper ins co.

Looks like everything should work out. BUT....it was that diminished value that I'm concerned about.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #2820
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Police report was made, of course. I took down all the guys insurance. Sad part was....the insurance paper had the advertising divisions number for the insurance company on the ins card vs the claims number. I called and called, left messages, etc. I finally got a call back from that number saying I was calling the advertising section. No kidding....make it harder for people to contact them right off the bat... I had to get the proper ins info off the internet.

I called his ins once and was told someone would be assigned the case, would contact me, etc. No one has. I was told it would be 24/48 hours but they could rush it. Nope. I know it was the holiday weekend, but nothing.

Since no one contacted me, I called my insurance and they said they'd handle it and would contact them/bill them, etc. paying for the repairs out of pocket for now should I need. I already went to a place that does ins adjustments and estimates for my ins co having my car looked at. I sent the appraisal over to them and they are forwarding it to the proper ins co.

Looks like everything should work out. BUT....it was that diminished value that I'm concerned about.
Letting them handle it is the easiest. As far as diminished value, I have no idea what Tx law is, did you ask your insurance adjuster? Don't let them tell you no though, unless they're quoting law, which you can always check. As far as more diminished value as a collector vehicle, that likely won't fly, even though I agree with you.

If you just get one estimate their adjuster may want to look at it, and attempt to low-ball you, that's where it's best for your body shop to deal with them.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #2821
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Good luck brother.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #2822
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ugh...... The bad carma is going around. Hate to see this. Hope it turns out good and easy.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #2823
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPQ View Post
Ugh...... The bad carma is going around. Hate to see this. Hope it turns out good and easy.
go away, dude! you're spreading the disease around!!

Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #2824
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
^what the others have said. Let your insurance handle it. Worst case is you pay a deductible (depending on your coverage) and when your ins collects from the other company you get the deductible back.

Have no idea on the diminished value crap. That sounds like it would only apply for totaled cars. Yours has an estimated repair cost to make it just like it was and if the body shop needs more they go back and get it.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #2825
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i don't think he's talking about depreciation - from what i understand, diminished value is paying him for the money he loses by having to report the car as having been in a wreck.

for example: let's say his car (being the very first fully CGM Camaro ever produced & the second THR package installed) could've pulled $40,000 if he sold it last month because it was in "near perfect" condition. now, after this damage gets fixed, it will look the same, however, he might only be able to get $35,000 because it has an accident on record.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #2826
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
^^^ ahhh got it.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #2827
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i don't think he's talking about depreciation - from what i understand, diminished value is paying him for the money he loses by having to report the car as having been in a wreck.

for example: let's say his car (being the very first fully CGM Camaro ever produced & the second THR package installed) could've pulled $40,000 if he sold it last month because it was in "near perfect" condition. now, after this damage gets fixed, it will look the same, however, he might only be able to get $35,000 because it has an accident on record.
Exactly. Thank you.

Now if and when I ever put this car up for sale, it's going to be listed with car fax as being involved in an accident. And when the person looking to buy is says, "well, it's been in a crash,....I'll give you 4k less..." what am I to do then? tell them "ha...yeah, right..." or do I get paid now for that and take the hit later??

I've gotten several, "there's no way you are going to get anything out of that" but truth is, it will hurt the sale since it's going to be listed as in an accident. Ugh...
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #2828
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Google ways to beat car fax. It used to not be very hard. Used to be title the vehicle out of state then retitle it in Texas poof carfax clean. Again its been about 2 years since I saw that work

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper