Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
I personally like the BC's for the money I don't think they can be beat. Will do better than what most people are ever capable of doing. Plus they actually adjust the proper way ie the shock body moves for height not the collar the spring sits on therefore effecting pre-load on the spring.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #16
ModBargains

Drives: Camaro RS/SS, 996TT, E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Clubsports are top of the line stuff...wish i got them. All that said the variant 3 are amazing and continue to over deliver.
This is what to expect from KW, most of the guys in our office run KW's on their cars and have been for years, some guys have even owned multiple sets.
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #17
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
This is what to expect from KW, most of the guys in our office run KW's on their cars and have been for years, some guys have even owned multiple sets.
Just trying to decide which model fits my needs best at this point. Idk if i am ever going to track my car...just basic daily driver. The occasional highway pull and heading up thru the canyons on Sundays with the crew.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #18
ModBargains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Just trying to decide which model fits my needs best at this point. Idk if i am ever going to track my car...just basic daily driver. The occasional highway pull and heading up thru the canyons on Sundays with the crew.
KW V1 might be perfect right now, but if you ever plan on tracking the car I would highly recommend going with the V3, that way you can adjust the car to your specific needs. Either way you wont be disappointed
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #19
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
KW V1 might be perfect right now, but if you ever plan on tracking the car I would highly recommend going with the V3, that way you can adjust the car to your specific needs. Either way you wont be disappointed
I'm leaning towards the V3's as well for the long term investment. The clubsport might be overkill at this point. Now I just have to decide on sways... hmmm
Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 AM   #20
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
I've been sitting back and waiting on what people have to say about the Ridetechs and a full review on them. I'm looking into doing coilovers in the next couple of months and have looked at BC coilovers since the price is what is luring me. I would have gone Pfadt had they still been around but what can you do?
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #21
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Modbargain reps, can you please see if the KW Clubsports fit the 2012s and up in the rear. Also guys remember KW Clubsports have no warranty, you have to pay to have them repaired if anything goes wrong.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
I personally like the BC's for the money I don't think they can be beat. Will do better than what most people are ever capable of doing. Plus they actually adjust the proper way ie the shock body moves for height not the collar the spring sits on therefore effecting pre-load on the spring.
I agree with this. I don't have any experience with other brands of coilovers so I'm not going to point and say one is way better than the other. All I'm going to say is that for what I do (2 - 3 Auto-X and 3 - 4 Drag races a year) they have been working great for me. I know a bunch of people have an issue cutting a hole in their trunk but I don't and actually I prefer the ability to easily adjust my coilovers for my needs. I just pop the trunk, pull back the carpet, make adjustments, and I'm done in about 3 minutes for all four corners.

The price is also a great factor for BC at about $1k in price. At this point my limiting factors aren't my coilovers, they are my wheels and tires. IMO if you aren't addressing other things like wheels and tires, swaybars, bushings,etc....then you're probably wasting money on the higher end coilovers. It's just like in drag racing....you can have a super high HP car but if you can't put that power to the pavement it does you no good.

So, again, just depends on what you are doing with your car and what your budget is.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #23
ModBargains

Quote:
I'm leaning towards the V3's as well for the long term investment. The clubsport might be overkill at this point. Now I just have to decide on sways... hmmm
I recommend the Hotchkis sway bar kit, I just bought their kit for my car but I haven't installed it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Modbargain reps, can you please see if the KW Clubsports fit the 2012s and up in the rear. Also guys remember KW Clubsports have no warranty, you have to pay to have them repaired if anything goes wrong.
Not that I know of, I have only seen V1 and V3.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #24
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
What are your goals for the car and what is your budget? I'd be happy to make some suggestions based on hands on experience.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #25
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
What are your goals for the car and what is your budget? I'd be happy to make some suggestions based on hands on experience.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

I was just about to contact you guys next! Tyler has always been the go to guy for me for these kind of questions. I am just using this car as a daily driver for now. Im looking into supercharging it and just doing some highway pulls here and there and take it up thru the canyons on sundays very seldom.

I also am trying to figure out whats the largest sized tire i can fit on my stock 2SS wheels.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #26
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
I was just about to contact you guys next! Tyler has always been the go to guy for me for these kind of questions. I am just using this car as a daily driver for now. Im looking into supercharging it and just doing some highway pulls here and there and take it up thru the canyons on sundays very seldom.

I also am trying to figure out whats the largest sized tire i can fit on my stock 2SS wheels.
I feel the RideTech coilovers will suit your wants/needs very well. They are in the same price range the Pfadt coilover were (slightly more affordable), and they honestly have a couple features that I prefer. The adjustments are easier to access and the spring height adjustment collar tightens in place rather than a set screw.

The SS actually already comes with pretty wide tires considering the wheel width. Going with a wider tire will result in better grip accelerating and braking, but will take away from steering response and will make the car feel somewhat "loose" due to sidewall flex. It's a better idea to go with a good sticky tire than try to pinch fat tires on a skinny wheel. At least until you can afford to get some wider wheels.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #27
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
I feel the RideTech coilovers will suit your wants/needs very well. They are in the same price range the Pfadt coilover were (slightly more affordable), and they honestly have a couple features that I prefer. The adjustments are easier to access and the spring height adjustment collar tightens in place rather than a set screw.

The SS actually already comes with pretty wide tires considering the wheel width. Going with a wider tire will result in better grip accelerating and braking, but will take away from steering response and will make the car feel somewhat "loose" due to sidewall flex. It's a better idea to go with a good sticky tire than try to pinch fat tires on a skinny wheel. At least until you can afford to get some wider wheels.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Awesome response! I'm going to check out the ride techs right now and I appreciate the advice on the rubber as well!

Thanks again Tyler!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Love my megan racing coil overs... same as BC, but with more adjustment.

From my Note3
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote