Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
CANADIAN ORDERS & PRICING

I recently sent GM Canada an e-mail inquiring to Canadian orders & pricing and received the following response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your inquiry, please be advised early ordering for the 2010
Chevrolet Camaro is tentatively scheduled to commence on Thursday, October 16,
2008. Pricing for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro will not be released until November
of this year. Please contact a General Motors dealership on the above mentioned
date for further information regarding eligibility requirements for ordering.
Dealerships will be unable to accept orders prior to this date. Also, please be
aware this vehicle is tentatively scheduled to begin production in February,

To locate a dealership near you, please link to:

http://apps.gm.ca/app/GMCanada/Deale...=blank&lang=en

We hope this information has been of assistance and thank you for contacting
General Motors of Canada.

Please visit our website again.

Laura Shepel
Internet Correspondent
www.gm.ca
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
Ok..So basically what i got out of that is they dont plan on just simply "adding 10-15%" to the american pricing to get the canadian pricing.

There going to either make it cheaper or more expensive...IMO they will jack it up.

If they were just going to add 10% or whatever they wouldn't have to wait until november to give us a number
CamK18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
With the Canuk buck off nearly 15% to the American they may be ready to hose us with the excuse that the buisness is based on the US dollar. We will have to wait and see.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
camarorick

Drives: .
Place your order/deposit on the 16th with a stipulation that if it exceeds the price that you're comfortable with, you will have the right to back out.

For me, If the price is not comparable to the Mustang or Challenger, I'll just say no.

Still hoping GM does the right thing !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Why do we have to wait till november, im sorry but i don't understand why the US gets pricing and we don't, what would be the harm in letting us get pricing.
Now im pissed, i wanted to order my car on Thursday, now theres realy no point, the only point would be to hold a car, but what if the car costs to much, is there any chance of changing this
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
lilindy500

Drives: 2003 Silverado SS
I just talked to 2 dealers, the one said they had a deposit of $5000 on one and $3500 on another. Thats rediculous! The other dealer had no idea about how to order and the guy that could order is out hunting lol. He said they are supposed to get 1 at the dealership and first one with a deposit gets it. I want a V6, I can't afford the V8 and he didn't even know which was coming.
Anyone know a GOOD dealer in Saskatchewan?
lilindy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yeah i keep getting asked for a 5k deposit, i feel like we always get raped here, actually im sure we all do, does anyone think Scott will be able to help us with the pricing? I wish we could just get pricing on thursday like the US got it on Monday, all they really have to do is add a couple of k on to the us price
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #8
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Hey guys,

Anytime I make inquiries about things that compare to the U.S., I always get told that they are two separate companies...geee the GM signs all look the same to me

When you think about it, November is only a few weeks away, and it could save you a lot of grief from trying to get out of a contract . Once the numbers come out you can figure out exactly how you want to build your Camaro. Not like you're going to receive it any sooner, it will still take months since full production doesn't start until Feb. I think they'll release the numbers quick as not to lose sales to the U.S.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
I have contacted 3 dealers and got a reply from 2 already and both are saying that they dont know their allocation yet and are not selling anything until they do

Same for price i asked for MSRP and they said they havent decided on it yet cause they dont know how many cars they will get.

Can canadian dealerships get their allocation numbers on gmlaunch.com or is it only for Us dealerships
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
all they really have to do is add a couple of k on to the us price
I think you are being overly optimistic.
I expect GM Canada to add at least 20 percent.
Look at how they price their other vehicles compared to the US and you'll see what I mean.
I'm going to wait. Let the initial rush pass and then they will be more realistic to deal with, especially if the economy slows right down this winter.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #11
camarorick

Drives: .
Wow, I'm really feeling for you guys !

When I went to see my dealer last Friday, they told me that I needed to leave $2000 for my #2 spot, I told them to forget it. Then they asked how much do I want to leave, so I told them $500..... In the end we agreed on $1000 refundable if I'm not happy with the final pricing.

I'll be going in this Thursday, and I'll report what I can for you guys.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
MrsTrixxterr

Drives: 1996 Z28
Why can't ya'll come to the states and order and buy the new CAMARO here (go to the closest state you live by)? I live in Texas so I really don't know how ya'lls laws and gov't are. I know some people go to another state if they aren't happy or can't find what they want in their state!

Just a question....please don't beat me!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTrixxterr View Post
Why can't ya'll come to the states and order and buy the new CAMARO here (go to the closest state you live by)? I live in Texas so I really don't know how ya'lls laws and gov't are. I know some people go to another state if they aren't happy or can't find what they want in their state!

Just a question....please don't beat me!!!
No problem if someone has cash but most people need to finance and the US dealers won't be able to pull credit ratings and all that for Canadians. Anyone with the ability to get a line of credit should order it in one of the states. The money we'll save will be large. Who knows - I might buy it in Texas and let one of you hang out with it until the next get together!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
With the election Canadian currency is in flux right now so I think November is a good time to have pricing. Besides you can always change your order then.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote