Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #1695
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Makes more sense. I was just doing the %'s and if that would have been your max I would have said your shoulders were holding your bench back.

That's awesome! Hope you kick ass. Sucks you are kind of at an in between weight but doesn't take much to drop 6lbs if you wanted to lift in the 132lb class.

Is it an APF/AAPF meet?

eh, I already feel small at 138, I wouldn't want to cut down any more. I'm actually bulking gaining .5lbs a week with great lifting progress, so i want to continue on that road. My squat and bench aren't the greatest but I'll have to just work on them more.

http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting....urrextion-iii/
that's the meet i'll be going to
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #1696
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
eh, I already feel small at 138, I wouldn't want to cut down any more. I'm actually bulking gaining .5lbs a week with great lifting progress, so i want to continue on that road. My squat and bench aren't the greatest but I'll have to just work on them more.

http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting....urrextion-iii/
that's the meet i'll be going to
I hear you. Keep going! Your bench yes is very mediocre, but you have a decent squat, and an excellent deadlift. You will do well if you just keep plugging along!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #1697
stt816

Quote:
I hear you. Keep going! Your bench yes is very mediocre, but you have a decent squat, and an excellent deadlift. You will do well if you just keep plugging along!
lol mediocre, but I agree...
I think my military press is decent, so I'm thinking most of my bench (or lack of it) comes down to my form being better. As for squats I didn't even train squats until like last year lol but now I love them...here are my near goals I made for myself....

345 squat
280 bench
435 deadlift, beat that today lol so next up is 470

really like this site, gives me some goals
http://muscleandbrawn.com/strong-str...tural-lifters/
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
Old 09-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #1698
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
I thought you were mostly buying it for injury prevention and not necessarily to increase his bench. There are people that lift far less than he does that use them.

I think he's got the safety stuff covered. He just didn't like the feel of it, I probably shoulda asked him first if he'd like one. Anyway, he likes to keep things simple, he said the Slingshot is more than enough.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #1699
stt816

here's a new pr for me @138 body weight, need to focus on bar path, but i think because it was getting heavy...hope to do 345lbs in my competition in november...another thing is i need to learn how to go just parallel, for the competition, going lower won't get me any extra points

Old 09-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #1700
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
here's a new pr for me @138 body weight, need to focus on bar path, but i think because it was getting heavy...hope to do 345lbs in my competition in november...another thing is i need to learn how to go just parallel, for the competition, going lower won't get me any extra points

Great lift man! Keep it up!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #1701
stt816

So i felt spasms in my right forearm area for about 2 days. I think nothing of it. I go to do a press workout and i feel a stretching, not pain but weird sensation starting from my bicep/shoulder area all the way down to my fingers....I also noticed my set was harder then usual and I didn't set a PR like i usually do. I went to the chiropractor and after examining/x-rays he said It's most likely a shoulder impingement. I just got a tattoo in the same area and I asked him if its possible that he hit a nerve (i had dark shading done, so he was pressing hard) he said it is possible. I will see the chiro again on wednesday to see if it got any better, but until then no lifting, really hope it turns out to be fine...
Old 10-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #1702
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
So i felt spasms in my right forearm area for about 2 days. I think nothing of it. I go to do a press workout and i feel a stretching, not pain but weird sensation starting from my bicep/shoulder area all the way down to my fingers....I also noticed my set was harder then usual and I didn't set a PR like i usually do. I went to the chiropractor and after examining/x-rays he said It's most likely a shoulder impingement. I just got a tattoo in the same area and I asked him if its possible that he hit a nerve (i had dark shading done, so he was pressing hard) he said it is possible. I will see the chiro again on wednesday to see if it got any better, but until then no lifting, really hope it turns out to be fine...

Any update? Sounds like ya pulled/strained something for sure. My hubby takes Taurine 2X daily. Suppose to help w/spasms/cramps. Plus some fish oil for his joints and now he also started taking raw zinc. Not sure why.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412167842.452973.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  289.8 KB
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #1703
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Sounds like a pinched nerve, those can cause spasms, cramps, and tingling (Almost numbing) sensations.

Usually rest is the best cure, Icing and Heating the area will increase circulation and help it, as well as massaging the area.

Good Luck!

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #1704
stt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
Sounds like a pinched nerve, those can cause spasms, cramps, and tingling (Almost numbing) sensations.

Usually rest is the best cure, Icing and Heating the area will increase circulation and help it, as well as massaging the area.

Good Luck!
checking in again,
so I narrowed it down to my sleeping habits to be the cause of this. I sleep with my arm above my head, under my pillow with my head and neck weight on top of it...i pretty much wake up every morning with that arm asleep....

I went to the chiropractor today, we did electric stim and he yanked on my wrist, he then got a deep massage tool and pressed on my bicep all around the muscle real hard, hurt like hell...but i feel like he didn't hit the right nerve...I went home reached up for something and I can literally feel the "cord" in my arm, so I mimic what he did but in a different spot and I don't want to speak too soon, but there seems to be less of a stretching sensation in my arm
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #1705
RGRCamaro

Quote:
checking in again,
so I narrowed it down to my sleeping habits to be the cause of this. I sleep with my arm above my head, under my pillow with my head and neck weight on top of it...i pretty much wake up every morning with that arm asleep....

I went to the chiropractor today, we did electric stim and he yanked on my wrist, he then got a deep massage tool and pressed on my bicep all around the muscle real hard, hurt like hell...but i feel like he didn't hit the right nerve...I went home reached up for something and I can literally feel the "cord" in my arm, so I mimic what he did but in a different spot and I don't want to speak too soon, but there seems to be less of a stretching sensation in my arm
Electric stim is pretty good but also a very old technique chriopractors have used. Anti-inflammatories while icning and heating will help as that deep tissue massage will make you pretty sore. I sleep the same way as you, and while I haven't had a pinched nerve, it is common! I would try just getting lots of rest, not just now but for the long term as "gains" are made while sleeping not while in the gym. The gym tears, sleep builds.

Best phrase to go by, Train like a beast, eat like a monster, sleep like a baby.

Sounds like you will be fine though! Just take it easy and take care of yourself!

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #1706
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Bump for the hell of it.

How is everyone doing?

Steve I apologize...I've dropped the ball. I'll email you later today.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #1707
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Doing great! How about you?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #1708
RGRCamaro

trying to find energy for the gym after work...