Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Drives: 2012 1LT RS Victory Red Camaro
Not to continue on with bad news... but... yeah...

Still kinda mad since no reply from any rep. Its ok I got plans for this... In upcoming posts...
Attached Images

thekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #16
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Did research and decided if I was going to pay $1500 for new base bumper I might as well upgrade to nicer bumper... Enter ZLawesome...
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
thekid13
Christian Martinez

While waiting for new bumper to be painted I decided to take a look at what I could do for my interior. Que the music lol
Only took measurements and part numbers
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Got it back 1 day after. Almost to excited to sleep. And nervous, no space to put it without scratching it or damaging it. Morning comes, get my ass to work. Note I did not have the foglamps installed til later... Upcoming posts...
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #19
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Started noticing a difference in the way the car handled in corners. Took it to get an alignment. Turns out it didn't need it all specs were good (Will post results later). But the front tires were really showing wear from my canyon runs with the guys. Checked the brakes, they were good. So I got new rears and reused my rears on the front. Current setup 275/40/20 & 285/35/20
I got a hellova whatever you can call it on my way to my friends house. Check it out. Got a temp replace til I got new Pirelli. Also some curb rash from canyon runs.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #20
thekid13
Christian Martinez

The Real Show! Lightning McQueen

Things have recently started picking up since I now mostly work from home. So I decided after a long hiatus of work to really overhaul my car. Starting with finishing the bumper, the fog lamps. Then I installed the zl1 rocker panels, and 1le rims. After installing I went for a quick drive to settle the lug nuts. All of a sudden a loud thud and shake. I pull over to investigate, fearing I blew a tire. Turns out I blew out the inner wheel well panels. I used to remove them a lot to get to the lights and bumper assembly so they lost strength. No damage to the car thankfully. So next week, new panels, harness, maybe brake cooling ducts.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #21
thekid13
Christian Martinez

More next week after more pics and exciting news for those interested in complete performance! Stay posted

--TheKid13
Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
alvarom123
Love My Camaro! Only 16!

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Car looks great man I like how u changed the front bumper to a zl1 bumper and i really like the red interior lights for the footwell, Also the blacked out bezels in the back
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #23
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarom123 View Post
Car looks great man I like how u changed the front bumper to a zl1 bumper and i really like the red interior lights for the footwell, Also the blacked out bezels in the back
Thank you. Yeah the chrome wasn't cutting it for me. Black is the new chrome.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #24
thekid13
Christian Martinez

REAL CARBON FIBER!!! Teaser

So I just got my prototype today. It came late in the day so I wont be able to assemble till tomorrow. Here are the fist looks. Now this one is wet carbon fiber hand land and vacuum cured. The final product which will be for sale for those interested will be 100% dry carbon fiber cured in an autoclave. This is just a prototype and final design may vary. So my car is officially a mule. Other CF products coming this week. If your interested in purchasing save this thread and I will update on a weekly basis on status of products. Turnaround is generally 6-8 months, I started back in April so sometime in late Oct early Nov order should be complete. Limited supply. Enjoy
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #25
thekid13
Christian Martinez

So one crucial thing I forgot to mention is that the finished product will have a stamp of approval from NHTSA. Something that no other CF manufactures offer. They classify their products as "intended for off road use only". Also wet fiber is slightly heavier and less rigid than dry fiber. The one big draw back to any CF part, besides cost is that it is hazardous if ever snapped. The particles are microscopic and if inhaled are deadly. That is why during huge crashes at f1 events they close down the track immediately and completely.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
thekid13
Christian Martinez

So if it looks familiar its no coincidence. I got the idea from several sources.
First from the ZR1. I love the front fenders to death but realize that the middle groove would not work for the Camaro shape. Then I some custom fenders already being made for the Camaro. But again it just wasn't right for me. So I took the best ideas and combined them into a product which (Resembles but is legally distinct from...) you see in the post above.
- ZR1 fenders from C6
- Heat extractor fenders from RK Sports
- Faux heat extractor fenders from Phastek Performance
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #27
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Feel free to ask question. I will gladly answer as much as I can.

--TheKid13
The final goal for my mule is to get the weight down to 3000lbs. Which I believe to be more than possible, with the least expense. Also to offer (If demand is high enough) this service to any and all cars, makes, models, both new and old.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #28
thekid13
Christian Martinez

I had previously thought about doing a carbon fiber interior. But after learning things and having an expert opinion I decided against it. Here are the pictures of the removal and preparations that were made then.
Attached Images

Tags
carbon fiber, custom, performance, skill, weight reduction