Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
My Camaro Is No More :( Good bye KILLER BEE...

Hey everyone,

So I just got out of the hospital this evening and at this point, I'm not ok due to a sore back, chest and emotional stress. This afternoon, I headed over to hughes to wash the car. I was soo excited on how nice the car looked,, everything was livid. Then I made arrangements to head over to a friends place to watch Transformers on bluray which was like a 10min drive from the car wash. Two blocks from his house, I lost control of the car while I was accelerating from 35~50km/h in a residintial area (within speed limit which was 50km). I wasnt speeding but the car shifted down and began fish tailing. From there I lost it swerving back and fourth until it got worse then I slammed right into an oak tree. At this point of time I dont believe what is happening to me. The car I fell in love with is gone and honestly its all my fault. I just dont get it, I know I have bad luck but this is just over the top. The feeling I experienced when the car smashed was horrid. The air bags made a high pitched wineing sound and bits of fluids like a mist type substance came out of somewhere and it smelt rank. Tranny fluid and engine coolent all poured out. The car is destroyed as the rad was ripped in two, air bags deployed, front bumper shatered and the windshield smashed in passengers top right. The thing that made me cry the most was my sunroof. I had the sunroof open and the windows closed. after the accident, the sunroof was bent right off its hidge and hanging suspended by a bent track.

Traction control/stabil was left on. I had the stock tires on.

Tomorrow I deal with insurrance if anything can be done.

I refuse to take photos of the damage as this was my baby, the one thing I knew that would be with me when I was on down times. I was soo excited looking forwards to another camaro meet hoping for one in the spring.

So with all due respect, I'd like to thank everyone I've had the oppertunity to chat with over the past eight months, you guys are all awesome. Going forwarrds, hearing about Camaros makes me honestly sobe as I know I got nothing now. I broke something that was nice and now its gone. Hopefully someday, I will get another 5th gen and maybe I'll be less stupid and respect road conditions a little more.

Everyone, from this one single post, please please learn from my stupid mistakes and respect the road conditions. I didnt and paid for it. Slow down and use extreme caution.. These cars have rediculous amounts of hp and winter driving with a rear wheel drive just makes it that more complicated.

Regards,

Shaun
R.I.P - KILLER BEE

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 12-28-2009 at 12:01 AM.
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Hey everyone,

So I just got out of the hospital this evening and at this point, I'm not ok due to a sore back, chest and emotional stress. This afternoon, I headed over to hughes to wash the car. I was soo excited on how nice the car looked,, everything was livid. Then I made arrangements to head over to a friends place to watch Transformers on bluray which was like a 10min drive from the car wash. Two blocks from his house, I lost control of the car while I was accelerating from 35~50km/h in a residintial area (within speed limit which was 50km). I wasnt speeding but the car shifted down and began fish tailing. From there I lost it swerving back and fourth until it got worse then I slammed right into an oak tree. At this point of time I dont believe what is happening to me. The car I fell in love with is gone and honestly its all my fault. I just dont get it, I know I have bad luck but this is just over the top. The feeling I experienced when the car smashed was horrid. The air bags made a high pitched wineing sound and bits of fluids like a mist type substance came out of somewhere and it smelt rank. Tranny fluid and engine coolent all poured out. The car is destroyed as the rad was ripped in two, air bags deployed, front bumper shatered and the windshield smashed in passengers top right. The thing that made me cry the most was my sunroof. I had the sunroof open and the windows closed. after the accident, the sunroof was bent right off its hidge and hanging suspended by a bent track.

Tomorrow I deal with insurrance if anything can be done.

I refuse to take photos of the damage as this was my baby, the one thing I knew that would be with me when I was on down times. I was soo excited looking forwards to another camaro meet hoping for one in the spring.

So will al due respect, I'd like to thank everyone I've had the oppertunity to chat with over the past eight months, you guys are all awesome. Going forwarrds, hearing about Camaros makes me honestly sobe as I know I got nothing now. I broke something that was nice and now its gone. Hopefully someday, I will get another 5th gen and maybe I'll be less stupid and respect road conditions a little more.

Everyone, from this one single post, please please learn from my stupid mistakes and respect the road conditions. I didnt and paid for it. Slow down and use extreme caution.. These cars have rediculous amounts of hp and winter driving with a rear wheel drive just makes it that more complicated.

Regards,

Shaun
R.I.P - KILLER BEE
Shaun, I'm so sorry to hear about Killer Bee :(

Thanks for warning the others. Did you have all-season tires on it or still the summer tires? It could help others if they knew that.

I don't take any chances with my Cami baby, if it's not above 46 degrees I don't drive her. Again, I'm very very sorry to hear about your baby!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
That sucks! I bet your glad to be out of the hospital.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #4
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Shaun, I'm so sorry to hear about Killer Bee :(

Thanks for warning the others. Did you have all-season tires on it or still the summer tires? It could help others if they knew that.

I don't take any chances with my Cami baby, if it's not above 46 degrees I don't drive her. Again, I'm very very sorry to hear about your baby!
It had the stock tires, I was planning on parking it next week as I even have the Red Camaro Car Cover which is completely useless now :( . I love the Camaro soo much, I cant believe I have nothing now..

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
Man...I feel for you bro. Im young like you and this is my frist RWD car with lots of power. Ill remember your story everytime im driving in shitty weather conditions. Thanks for sharing your story, we will benefit from your advice.

Sorry to hear about your car and I hope you get another!

Good luck man
Old 12-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
That sucks! I bet your glad to be out of the hospital.
It was black ice. the road looked like it was just plowd. This was in the capilino area in Edmonton.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Sir, I do feel very badly about this incident. I would like to ask one question though if I may...Which one of the three modes was your Camaro in?

Everything on?

Traction control off?

Everything turned off?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Sir, I do feel very badly about this incident. I would like to ask one question though if I may...Which one of the three modes was you Camaro in?

Everything on?

Traction control off?

Everything turned off?
Everything was left on. Traction control just wasnt enough to prevent me from slamming into the tree. Driving at the 30-35km/s that I was orginally doing would probally have saved me.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Everything was left on. Traction control just wasnt enough to prevent me from slamming into the tree. Driving at the 30-35km/s that I was orginally doing would probally have saved me.
Damn, that is something else! Once again, I'm very sorry to hear about this. Any chance you'll be getting another Camaro?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Sucks dude, my condolences. Do you have replacement value insurance?

Yet another statistic in the 'Buy some winter tires' category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
The most important thing is that you are ok. No matter how much you feel toward your Camaro it is a car and you weren't seriously hurt. If insurance comes through "Killer Bee #2" can be on the road in a few months. Stay positive as best you can.

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Damn, that is something else! Once again, I'm very sorry to hear about this. Any chance you'll be getting another Camaro?
I would love to own another Camaro,, I'd do anything.. BUT... financially speaking I'm not sure if I will ever qualify for a replacement regardless of insurance. I had saved up for years to make a solid down payment on this car and I worked soo soo hard pulling in extra hours at work saving over many years.

I just dont think I'm good enough to be driving one of these cars. I'm sorry, I'm just feeling very depressed at the moment.

Shaun

Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #13
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I am so very sorry for you ..........there are no words........

I'm glad YOU are ok, and I know it's a cliche' to say that ''a car can be replaced, but a person can't'', but this 5thGen Camaro is 'NOT JUST A CAR'...

Just ask any of us that are fortunate enough to own one...ask the FBODFATHER if this is 'just a car'...it is not 'just a car', it is an extreme emotional attachment to us owners...I cannot even imagine how sad you are...I would be beyond consoling...

I wish you well in the future, and please be careful out there, and I hope SOMEDAY you are able to get another 'KILLER BEE'...........

Keep in touch with your 'forum family' if it is not too painful, and we will 'be there for you'...

I hope your body will heal 100% very soon, but I'm afraid your heart will take a bit longer to mend...:(
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Everyone,

Thankyou very much for all these kind words of wisdom, you have no idea how much I appreciate these posts you made tonight.

I'm gonna go now and rest for a few hours with my fingers crossed hoping the anxiety goes down a bit. I've never really been in shock before so I dont know what to feel.

thankyou very much everyone.

Shaun