Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #71
Mike TexaSS

Drives: 454 LS7 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
No Mike the wheels we used were CCW and the fronts will fit CTSV also, rears were 18". The point of this was to show that less than $ 3 k in engine mods, plus good tires would do this. More to come!

Graham.
What size were the front rims? Love the car!
Mike TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #72
Pgoldston

Drives: 1999 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
What size were the front rims? Love the car!
17x5.5
Pgoldston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #73
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I thought American Airlines was proof that pigs can fly.....
I think that the Camaro in and of it's self is proof that pigs can fly.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #74
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyshallsmite View Post
zl1 are selling for about 60k with gas guzzler tax and what nots, my SS was 28k Fastlane's turbo kit which is about 8k kicks you to 10.34 @ 138, we have some members rocking low 9s and barely touching 8s with a procharger, nitro and what nots. I dunno maybe i'm just over estimating how far your dollar will take you and expecting more from the ZL1.
I can tell by the way you post you proabably have a long history driving 8 second cars down the strip. I say go for it. then post back what you acatually spend to 10's. then 9's, then 8's.

we will then total the amount actaully spent and see if fantasy and reality actualy match up price wise.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #75
Tob

Drives: Blue Pig
Quote:
Off the top of my head, I cannot remember, but I will check the dyno information on Mon.

Graham.
Graham, when tuning, was consideration given with regard to the hyper piston/powdered rod combination with respect to timing? In other words, how aggressive was the tune and what metric are you using to ensure some semblance of longevity with the wick turned up?

Is the plan to keep bumping closer to the limit with a teardown in the future?
Tob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #76
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
Graham...good job on the car and great job keeping us in the loop like you do. I for one really appreciate the fuel pump feedback. I now know cam plus supercharger means dangerous territory on a ss car with a zl1 pump dropped in. Better off with lingenfelter's fuel pump upgrade.
Hey, no problem, it's time for 20V next week!

Graham.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #77
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Wait so there is a 5th Gen in the 8's??? Is this a all out race car? Can somebody post a link to more info?
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #78
peteypab2133

Drives: Mitsu EVO / 3 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
more seat time and track conditions to name two.
track conditions were not complained about in the original post, so why defend an issue that doesnt exist? There is no such thing as "perfect" track conditions. If its cold, you cannot hook up and get less heat soak. If its hot you hook up but lose power. Numbers will gravitate towards the middle of those two conditions.

Seat time, assuming its an automatic makes no difference. Are we talking about reaction time's getting better?? As far as I am concerned its as simple as pushing down the far right pedal and letting the ECU shift for you.

So name 2 more please.
peteypab2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #79
Graham Behan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tob View Post
Graham, when tuning, was consideration given with regard to the hyper piston/powdered rod combination with respect to timing? In other words, how aggressive was the tune and what metric are you using to ensure some semblance of longevity with the wick turned up?

Is the plan to keep bumping closer to the limit with a teardown in the future?
Tuning is always on the "safe" side, obviously this was done on a race gas tune, the number shown on the 93 Oct dyno sheet is about 4 degrees less, but at less boost. At this boost level the race gas tune has 7-8 degrees more than the 93 tune.

Graham.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #80
Pgoldston

Drives: 1999 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypab2133 View Post
track conditions were not complained about in the original post, so why defend an issue that doesnt exist? There is no such thing as "perfect" track conditions. If its cold, you cannot hook up and get less heat soak. If its hot you hook up but lose power. Numbers will gravitate towards the middle of those two conditions.

Seat time, assuming its an automatic makes no difference. Are we talking about reaction time's getting better?? As far as I am concerned its as simple as pushing down the far right pedal and letting the ECU shift for you.

So name 2 more please.
Actually while the track conditions were not "bad" they were not the best. If you read further down the post you would notice that the DA was 1800 above sea level that in its self says something about the air there at the time they were racing. AS you stated Graham didnt make any excuses for the times at all. Air is just a factor that we all have to deal. The DA and the time does tell a story for people that are below and above 1800 DA.

As well Im pretty sure this was a manual and as Graham stated as well that with the tire package and the hp it was putting down that it was tricky to be consistant. Which I interpret as they prolly could not hit it as hard as they would like to just yet. Again give it time.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #81
Graham Behan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypab2133 View Post

So name 2 more please.
I really don't think we need to get into semantics, but we have no complaints about track conditions, it is what it is, the car is a manual trans BTW. But give me -1000 ft DA. at MIR in DECEMBER any day

Graham.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #82
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Don't forget to factor into the budget a parachute for that 8 sec. Camaro. LOL.
If we could get into the 8 s for $15-30k everybody would be doing it.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #83
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
I really don't think we need to get into semantics, but we have no complaints about track conditions, it is what it is, the car is a manual trans BTW. But give me -1000 ft DA. at MIR in DECEMBER any day

Graham.
the point I was trying to make with him on a different day you could see 10's. or as the hotrod blog shows worse. conditions will effect every car there not just the ZL1. if there was a GT500 that day it wouldn't be running the best either.

what people are doing is comparing the best GT500 times to an avg day for this car. which shouldn't be done. more passes on different tracks and in different conditions will give a better view of what this car is capable of.

also I think people are confusing the LPE car with the HPE. one manual (LPE) and one auto (HPE). I can see some frustration just in that. oh well. I'm done arguing that this car can see 10's with the mods you have done. I know it's possible.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #84
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
Gram great runs.

We ran a 10.20 @ 137 in the G-Force CTS-V last week. Can you give more info on wheels and tires. Did you change the front brakes to fit the runners? Did you try a 17 in weld on the rear?

That V is a monster!!
Stock bottom end or built?
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro zl1, 2012 camaro zl1 quarter mile, 2012 zl1, 2012 zl1 quarter mile, 2013 camaro zl1, 2013 camaro zl1 quarter mile, 2013 zl1, 2013 zl1 quarter mile, camaro z1l dyno, camaro zl1 dyno figures, camaro zl1 dyno numbers, camaro zl1 dyno results, camaro zl1 dyno video, camaro zl1 forum, camaro zl1 forums, camaro zl1 quarter mile, camaro zl1 quarter mile time, zl1 dyno, zl1 dyno figures, zl1 dyno numbers, zl1 dyno video, zl1 forum, zl1 forums, zl1 quarter mile, zl1 quarter mile time