Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #43
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Check the spreadsheet....the only colors they have been making are black, silver, red, yellow and red jewel tint.
I'm in the early boat too...but with IOM it looks like I'm gonna be in the last lifeboat.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #44
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
Hi colorado orderers, I've PM'ed 2010 SS RS before about my situation with a colorado dealer. No phone calls from him at all this week. I plan to call tomorrow for a status update. Probably get told the same thing "nothing new and when I know something I'll call you". I never receive calls from him. My workbench order said 3000 from the beginning. I placed my order mid month after I was told I went from #4 to #2 to #1 but there's no priority listed on my workbench order. I do have it in an email from the sales manager I think.

I was told when I ordered that I was #1 priority, he had a car on consensus and I have no contraints on my order. Yet, I have no information on build date (keeps saying that he won't know til he gets the TPW). Unless I'm completely dense, it seems that if he has a car consensed, that an estimated build date is known??? Is that what I'm reading on these other posts? Or does one only know that when the event code moves to something above 3000?

I'm watching that VIN thread like crazy. So far only two cars have VINS for colorado.

Plan to be at the show next weekend. Looking forward to the pix.

Thanks everyone for the information. Like 2010 said, I've never pre-ordered a car before and I've been learning as I go. Without this site and doing plenty of my own research, I'd be completely lost and probably completely out of luck too.

thanks to everyone who keeps the information flowing on this site!
Hey there,2SSOnly, I have to tell you that I too have been watching the VIN post for your car. Can you believe Mike Shaw Chevy got one already and they only had 4 allocated. If I remember right and correct me if I didnt, Your order was somewhere around 3-7 and you was their first order. Then you got your workbench printout and was already at 3000 and that was clear back before production even started. I really think that somehow your timing was just right. I cant remember when the concensus was for the March builds. Maybe someone can let us know if they know or I will research and figure it out. It would have had to been on that concensus and the dealer would have had to process it for it to have gone thru for production. But I dont think you would be at 3000 unless it had gone thru Pass One and concensus. It is so darn frustrating not being able to get a straight answer from your dealer....believe me I know too. Yes if he processed your order he should at least know which week his concensus showed he had a car scheduled. Not necessarily a TPW but an estimate when it should be built. There has been much going on lately with TPW's sliding back a couple weeks and there have been some hidden color issues specifically with the blue's and the inferno orange. Not constrained but not being produced either! Maybe this could be the issue. Which color was yours? And let us know what you find out from your dealer. And I hope to see you at the show. If you want to shoot down on Monday the 30th let me know. My dealer has a 2SS RJT coming in. Should be less crowded than the show and should be able to fire it up and maybe ride in it.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #45
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Hey there,2SSOnly, I have to tell you that I too have been watching the VIN post for your car. Can you believe Mike Shaw Chevy got one already and they only had 4 allocated. If I remember right and correct me if I didnt, Your order was somewhere around 3-7 and you was their first order. Then you got your workbench printout and was already at 3000 and that was clear back before production even started. I really think that somehow your timing was just right. I cant remember when the concensus was for the March builds. Maybe someone can let us know if they know or I will research and figure it out. It would have had to been on that concensus and the dealer would have had to process it for it to have gone thru for production. But I dont think you would be at 3000 unless it had gone thru Pass One and concensus. It is so darn frustrating not being able to get a straight answer from your dealer....believe me I know too. Yes if he processed your order he should at least know which week his concensus showed he had a car scheduled. Not necessarily a TPW but an estimate when it should be built. There has been much going on lately with TPW's sliding back a couple weeks and there have been some hidden color issues specifically with the blue's and the inferno orange. Not constrained but not being produced either! Maybe this could be the issue. Which color was yours? And let us know what you find out from your dealer. And I hope to see you at the show. If you want to shoot down on Monday the 30th let me know. My dealer has a 2SS RJT coming in. Should be less crowded than the show and should be able to fire it up and maybe ride in it.

Wish I could make it down Monday but workload won't allow. Hearing the engine would be awesome, a ride even better! Look forward to the pixs though. I'll PM you next week about the show. So, as I suspected, he should be able to give me an estimate. Humm, thanks for letting me know. I'll read your post almost word for word tomorrow. This dealer had an allocation of 9. While I didn't order until March 12th, I've had my deposit at the dealer since last July! The shenanigans started from the beginning. Fill ya in on that at the show. I ordered black so color shouldn't be the issue. I live so stinking far away I'm afraid it will come in and be sitting there getting groapped without me knowing. That's why I monitor that vin thread several times per day! Reading about the folks who have vins is both exciting and frustrating. Glad for everyone who can follow their baby from birth to delivery. And encouraged by the dealers I read on here who know how to operate a business and provide customer service. Wish they were closer.

It's been a heck of an education. When and if I ever do something this crazy again, I'll for sure know how to do it better next time!!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Wish I could make it down Monday but workload won't allow. Hearing the engine would be awesome, a ride even better! Look forward to the pixs though. I'll PM you next week about the show. So, as I suspected, he should be able to give me an estimate. Humm, thanks for letting me know. I'll read your post almost word for word tomorrow. This dealer had an allocation of 9. While I didn't order until March 12th, I've had my deposit at the dealer since last July! The shenanigans started from the beginning. Fill ya in on that at the show. I ordered black so color shouldn't be the issue. I live so stinking far away I'm afraid it will come in and be sitting there getting groapped without me knowing. That's why I monitor that vin thread several times per day! Reading about the folks who have vins is both exciting and frustrating. Glad for everyone who can follow their baby from birth to delivery. And encouraged by the dealers I read on here who know how to operate a business and provide customer service. Wish they were closer.

It's been a heck of an education. When and if I ever do something this crazy again, I'll for sure know how to do it better next time!!
Ok, I have now had a chance to figure out and get some details together. The March concensus for APRIL build dates was in fact on March 6th. You said your order was not until the 12th which was a Thursday. I believe that the report had to be submitted with any changes on the 11th. So something seems askew here. I will continue to research and try to get you a better answer. And I am depending on previous forum information regarding the March concensus. I really thought you ordered an Sat the 7th based on one of our previous conversations. If that had been the case then you would have been fine cause the dealer could have modified an order on the concensus to your specs. And you would have slid right into production your 3000 number would have made sense and your production would have been slotted in April. Hmmmmm? I dont know!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 03-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #47
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Oh I did order on the 7th but made some modifications so I'm not exactly sure when he entered it into the computer. Guess I should look at my workbench order again for a date. All I know is that I has to have all the changes to him by the 11th and was locked in then. So, I think you're right, I would have been in by the 11th.

I'll ask today when I call which day he actually entered my order in the computer. Email's great. I've got a little bit of a record there anyway.

EDIT: Looking back through my emails my order was placed around the 6th or 7th at the latest. Final changes were made on the 11th which was the last possible date I could change my mind. So I think you're on the right track. The order should have been in the system before the 12th although I couldn't locate a date on the workbench that was emailed -- but the date of the email on the workbench was the 11th.

I know, I know... Nobody yell at me for not remembering the precise date I ordered. I have drain bramage!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #48
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
The one thing I have learned from my experience is not to assume anything. Actually, the first two at my dealership slipped thru without them knowing anything. Then when they realized that they still had one open concensus position, thats when my car got bumped for another one of their choice. So with that being said.....It is possible that yours has already been pulled...as long as you have no constraints and yours was the earliest order date and they recieved a build slot, then the following Tuesday the computer will take over and move your car into production. If when the concensus comes out on Wednesday (example of last conscensus Wed March 18th) and the dealer sees that they have been given production cars for build in April, then they can call the owner of the first car and ask if they want to change should they have a constraint. If they do change or they have no constraint they put a check in the box on the form and off it goes. To answer your specific question. You have to ask your dealer if they were given a car or not. If so then ask if yours went thru. You could also ask them for your status code off the workbench also. If it is not an 1100 then it is moving toward production. Let us know what they say.
The facts as I know them are that the dealership did receive a slot for an April build. But just one. I was first to order and as of a week and a half ago my order was still at 1100. And that nothing in my order is in constraint.

They claim they have no control over which is pulled first, not that I believe that to be true.

I have just resigned myself to believing I will get mine later rather than sooner... At least it will come sometime this year.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #49
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Oh I did order on the 7th but made some modifications so I'm not exactly sure when he entered it into the computer. Guess I should look at my workbench order again for a date. All I know is that I has to have all the changes to him by the 11th and was locked in then. So, I think you're right, I would have been in by the 11th.

I'll ask today when I call which day he actually entered my order in the computer. Email's great. I've got a little bit of a record there anyway.

EDIT: Looking back through my emails my order was placed around the 6th or 7th at the latest. Final changes were made on the 11th which was the last possible date I could change my mind. So I think you're on the right track. The order should have been in the system before the 12th although I couldn't locate a date on the workbench that was emailed -- but the date of the email on the workbench was the 11th.

I know, I know... Nobody yell at me for not remembering the precise date I ordered. I have drain bramage!
Boom there it is! Boom there it is! Excellent! I think you are in great shape then. It should be built during April sometime then. I was pretty sure that you had ordered before the 12th and that all makes sense with the March consensus report. There is no way you would be at 3000 unless your car had moved thru the system. Dont worry about the TPW because it is just a estimated production week anyway. What you really want to watch for is your code going to 3400 (Broadcast for production) That will give you a real good idea if it within days of being born.....I am real happy for you man. Congrats.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #50
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
The facts as I know them are that the dealership did receive a slot for an April build. But just one. I was first to order and as of a week and a half ago my order was still at 1100. And that nothing in my order is in constraint.

They claim they have no control over which is pulled first, not that I believe that to be true.

I have just resigned myself to believing I will get mine later rather than sooner... At least it will come sometime this year.
Well if you were still at 1100 on the 18th of March then I dont think that yours was put thru for the April Build date. That is a full week after the March concensus closed out on the 11th for the April build dates. I would still double check the status code now just to make sure though.

If they have no control over which is pulled first then they are the absolute only chevy dealer in the nation that does not control their priority numbers. You are correct in not believing them. This is very simular to my situation where I was told one thing and assumed that was the case.

GM wants the dealers to underestimate and overdeliver on their promises and I guess we as customers should just deal with it.....I say bull$#!t. Just tell us the truth and keep their promises. If something happens in production or shipping I think we could deal with that as well. Keep the faith brother and enjoy the wait with the rest of us in the same boat. Please do keep us all here up to date with your process as well.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #51
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
2010 SSRS what event code are you holding at? got a TPW yet?

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
2010 SSRS what event code are you holding at? got a TPW yet?
Holding firm and strong at the big 1100! No TPW yet but I think I have a TPY....Tentitive production year! 2009! Ran into some dealer troubles. Some might say ____ ______ __ __ _____! lol. Ordered 3rd out of 10 allocated at my dealer. They have been conscensed for 3 so far including the April builds but he is not honoring the order priority so mine is still waiting to get picked up. I saw the RPO and yours slid back a week.....It probably wont really slow it up though cause it should take a few days to ship the ones they got built and yours will be built and ready to ship right after that. So I got to ask...Why the blue oval? Dont all the bowtie guys give you the biz?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #53
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Holding firm and strong at the big 1100! No TPW yet but I think I have a TPY....Tentitive production year! 2009! Ran into some dealer troubles. Some might say ____ ______ __ __ _____! lol. Ordered 3rd out of 10 allocated at my dealer. They have been conscensed for 3 so far including the April builds but he is not honoring the order priority so mine is still waiting to get picked up. I saw the RPO and yours slid back a week.....It probably wont really slow it up though cause it should take a few days to ship the ones they got built and yours will be built and ready to ship right after that. So I got to ask...Why the blue oval? Dont all the bowtie guys give you the biz?
LOL read whats inside the oval....and I thought you had ordered back in 08...I was just wondering because you ordered IBM. No biggie. thanks

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #54
2010 SS RS

I always thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily.... I see the blue oval and my subconsious blocks it out....So have never read it even though I have seen it hundreds of times.... Ok you get the pass and a hearty congrats from me on the avitar.Ordered Feb 7 well after they added the IBM for the SS.

Last edited by 2010 SS RS; 03-28-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added more detail
Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #55
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Some might say ____ ______ __ __ _____!
Where have I seen this before........????
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #56
2010 SS RS

__ ___ ______! translated It was yours! So you know what it means...lol I wonder how many others picked up on it. I did say some would say..I just did not say Camaro Scotty would say.

Last edited by 2010 SS RS; 03-28-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: add a comment