Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #99
firewoman
Firewoman

Drives: 2009 camaro convertible
I'm about to jump out of my skin waiting for this car!!! It is sooooo HOT! Any talk about price yet???
Old 09-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #100
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
No, nothing on price yet. Maybe on the 15th October on the next IDL. Did any one here any thing if the concept exhaust tips would be getting made?
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #101
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
so what is all the talk about the gm ls crate motors as performance parts?

I don't mean to assume I know what crate motors will be offered. But GM has stated that the LS7 will go away after this year's Z06. So, you might be able to get one of the last ls7's. But the general concensus is the ls7 won't be available for the Camaro.

I should have been more clear in my first response
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #102
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i think the blade looked pretty nice. even from the pictures. but yeah i would like to see it on a car in the next few weeks. maybe when chevy gets the web sight up and going with all the options it will let you build a camaro and put these options on it to see what it looks like.

What I didn't like was that it appears, from that one pic, to be more or less just a piece of plastic that sticks up at an angle with little style to it. In another pic/angle it may look better.

I like the standard SS spoiler because it seems to flow with the lines of the car. I just thought it was 'ok' until I saw some pics of it up close from the top and front angles. From the side and back it looks like 'a piece of plastic that sticks up' at a much more low profile angle than the blade spoiler, but from the top view you can see how it's molded to follow the lines of the car.

I just didn't see that 'flow' in the Blade pic. It looked more akin to taller version of the lip spoiler on the 3rd gens (just a piece of trianglar plastic stuck on the back of the car).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #103
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
I love the fact that GM is offering so many options. I may only take a few of them (fule door, SS stripes,) but I like the fact that people can customize their cars. I hope they still plan to offer the blue LED interior kit as they mentioned before but not here.

I am really looking forward to this car!
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #104
SSLFE
Youre gonna need earplugs

Drives: 99 Tahoe, 05 Tacoma X-Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
haha was wondering the same about the sub and eh i hope they have a less ricey ground effects it looks nice but i dont think I wasnt something like that
I messed with backseat in Indy; it completely folds down.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #105
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
This is what the HUD looks like:

So is this HUD identical to the one going into the Camaro? I would think not, since they should be able to slap it in the car. I really wish GM would make this Corvette HUD an option until the other one is ready, since I really want that but I have to get a car this summer.

Other than that, I think all the accessories are great, though I will probably only get the small spoiler, but it is great that GM is appealing to more people.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 AM   #106
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
So is this HUD identical to the one going into the Camaro? I would think not, since they should be able to slap it in the car. I really wish GM would make this Corvette HUD an option until the other one is ready, since I really want that but I have to get a car this summer.

Other than that, I think all the accessories are great, though I will probably only get the small spoiler, but it is great that GM is appealing to more people.
Well none of us can ascertain that it's the same, exact HUD unit... but my guess is that it would be VERY similar... Check out how the one in the 'ignition video' looks to get an idea of how it COULD look.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #107
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Anyone wanna shed some light on the crate motor topic..Can we get something other than the ls3 installed in the camaro from the factory or at the dealer?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #108
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
it looks I will be waiting until June 2010 for mine I want that HUD, plus it gives me time to see what the aftermaket will come up with... but still, me sad about the HUD....
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #109
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Not to burst your bubble, because I do agree it is freakin sweet to have any car that says "180" on the speedo......

But that's actually to accomodate the conversion to kilometers/hour. If you notice, there is no small print font for km/h below the large numbers. GM has gone the way of making most of their speedometers with electronic recalibration for English and Metric. When you go into the DIC and hit Metric, it now recalibrates your outside temp display, interior climate control (Camaro won't have climate control), fuel computer, and the speedometer and mileage readout, whether you get a digital speedo or analog.

It's actually pretty cool. If you're going 40 mph, and while you're driving go in to the DIC and switch to metric, the needle on the speedo jumps up to around 60 immediately!
Correct, my GTO has a 200mph speedo because of this feature.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #110
irocz28
Lead Foot

Drives: '00 Corvette FRC
man those ground effects are disgusting, tone that mess down GM. i mean come on, thats so over the top, doesnt even look american, i can understand from a sales point of view, but why make such a beautiful car look like crap for the sake of a few sales?? in the least, bring the effects up, make them look more molded to the car, look at the zr1, i dont even like ground effects, but i think they did a decent job with the ground effects for the zr1. the back of that car with the diffuser and all looks like it from some futuristic concept movie for 2050, where sleek is no longer in style. maybe its because i am corvette owner and i notice the lines alot more, but im still a camaro owner at heart and that does not potray the camaro look.

camaros represent more, they are american muscle cars, dont screw that image up by sacrificing looks for sales
irocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #111
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
the body kit suck IMO. I want the carbon kit and air intake!! And subs too
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #112
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocz28 View Post
man those ground effects are disgusting, tone that mess down GM. i mean come on, thats so over the top, doesnt even look american, i can understand from a sales point of view, but why make such a beautiful car look like crap for the sake of a few sales?? in the least, bring the effects up, make them look more molded to the car, look at the zr1, i dont even like ground effects, but i think they did a decent job with the ground effects for the zr1. the back of that car with the diffuser and all looks like it from some futuristic concept movie for 2050, where sleek is no longer in style. maybe its because i am corvette owner and i notice the lines alot more, but im still a camaro owner at heart and that does not potray the camaro look.

camaros represent more, they are american muscle cars, dont screw that image up by sacrificing looks for sales
Like I said before.........I totally agree with you. It makes me want to make puke when I see that body kit -- it looks like something the import crowd would love. This looks like one of those cars from that movie "Death Race"!!!!!!!!!
2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote