Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
Meathead Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
I do this all the time but slightly different. People think they are using me as bait, but really I am using them. I call it the sling shot.

I drive the same route everyday and I mark every spot a cop has ever camped out at.
I make sure the car following me isn't too far behind and I always slow down and get behind them and switch to the middle lane when I reach a known spot.
I've seen quite a few fall for this and get pulled over instead of me because they want to be the leader or trying to race me.
I did the same thing to a stupid ricer in a honda.... He was trying to race me for 15 mins then i pulled into the middle lane and he put the pedal to the metal right passed a cop..... thats what i call WINNING! Dumb ricers
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
Based on your sig, they probably just wanted another look at you. I know I'd try to chase you down...
well thank ya
Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
That's what I always do, find someone else going the speed I want, and fall in behind, let them be my "blocker" and be the first the radar picks up!
Unless LEO comes up from behind, of course!
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #18
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
When I was a bit younger, in the days of CB radios, they would call the lead "speeder" the "front-door" and the last one of the chain the "back-door". You did not want to be either of them, but somewhere in the middle. Cops would generally chase the 1st or the last.

So it looks like you were the front door for these people.
(Were they old?)
babaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaron View Post
When I was a bit younger, in the days of CB radios, they would call the lead "speeder" the "front-door" and the last one of the chain the "back-door". You did not want to be either of them, but somewhere in the middle. Cops would generally chase the 1st or the last.

So it looks like you were the front door for these people.
(Were they old?)
No, most of them were ricers tho. Perhaps they weren't using me as the front door but just trying to keep up
Old 07-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
Unless LEO comes up from behind, of course!
That's why I will not get a radar detector- useless with the cruiser clocking you from behind. Here they also use unmarked cars and go 85.
If you pass them your toast. No radar needed.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #21
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
So I took the camaro on a road trip to the Florida Keys earlier this week. I noticed that a lot of people used my car as sorta of a bait car. I would pass them and then they seemed to keep up with me, mirroring my every move. At first, I thought it was my imagination but I noticed that this was happening a lot!

My speed was set at 83 in a 70. So not super fast but fast enough. I would pass these cars like they were standing still then all of a sudden they would catch up and stay about 3-4 car lengths behind me. If I changed lanes, they followed. It was kinda weird. Almost like they were saying "if a cop is ahead, they are going to nail the camaro first"

Anyone else notice this?
yeah i do people follow my car alot too but i hardly notice but they do time to time some like to race me and SATAN FORBID im driveing the speed limit they like to blow by me that gos DOUBLE for rice rides like them passing a camaro doing 65 55 will make there rice ride a ferrari it feels that sence the camaro looks like a super car and it has a rep its the "be all end all car" so i think its like "HEY IF I DOMANTE THIS CAMARO MY CAR WILL BE BETTER THEN IT" and feel there ego

*edit* oh and people love to rev there engains around me peal out its like they see my car and automatic they have an ego man hood problum "I WONT LET THIS CAMARO WIN" and i not done nothing!

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Sheeple man, sheeple.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
zslewis

Drives: 2010 TT Camaro SS
its happened to me a few times...

Zach
zslewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
i get followed alot to but i do actually have a radar in my car haha so when i do randomly slow down so does everyone else its kinda funny and it saved a bunch of ppl including myself yesterday evening from a ticket since the cops were all oout in force.

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yeah, I get that a lot. It seems especially PU trucks, but a variety of other vehicles as well.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #26
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I've noticed that many other drivers that originally are doing a mile or two below the posted limit like to get on my tail after being passed at speeds only moderately above the limits. Most stay there and I can see them in the rear view reading my personalized tag and even giving a thumbs up. I generally pass and then immediately return to the traveling lane (the right lane). I've noticed that mostly Toyota Camary and also mid sized SUV's drivers in particular like to catch up and tail gate me, while I'm passing, then slow up as they pull along side me after I've passed and returned to the right lane and then speed off like their showing me something..........they become the bait car then and many have been pulled over shortly there after. Lidar use by the HP is common in our area now. I also use a great detector and haven't been looked at by police twice in two scores and a fortnight. I always beep my horn and wave as I go by.....lol
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #27
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
We use the term "fox" car. Use it all the time. We let whomever wants to speed and then follow them and watch your butt. Don't want to be a fox don't speed or just leave them behind.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole I borrowed from Skooter.
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote