Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Very informative thread on another forum I frequent (Zilvia.net) started by an engineer that posted his own research.

Cliffs: All big synthetics use very similar bases, its the additive packs that make one better than another. Redline and AMSoil are the top.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/296603-oil-faq.html
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #16
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
Very informative thread on another forum I frequent (Zilvia.net) started by an engineer that posted his own research.

Cliffs: All big synthetics use very similar bases, its the additive packs that make one better than another. Redline and AMSoil are the top.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/296603-oil-faq.html
Is he secretly an AMSoil dealer? I've read some outrageous claims on some dealer's websites.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
Is he secretly an AMSoil dealer? I've read some outrageous claims on some dealer's websites.
Lol, no he's never offered anything for sale. And he recommends Redline's Race stuff over AMSoil anyway, so I think that's a low probability.
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehartley View Post
The Walmart "Super-Tech" is a great synthetic oil for the price! BITOG shows great results on UOA's with it, too.
It depends on where you live. Super-Tech is made by a 3 different companies depending on your region. In some areas it's made by Exxon (makers of Mobil1), Shell (makers of Pennzoil and Quaker State) or Warren Distribution. If in your area it's made by Shell, then I wouldn't call it a great oil.

Only way to tell which one is in your region is to compare to the name brand bottles. They use the same bottles but a different label.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
jehartley

Drives: Red LT1 & Silver LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
If in your area it's made by Shell, then I wouldn't call it a great oil.
Then you'd be wrong. Shell makes great oils...UOA's prove it. The new Pennzoil Ultra is a great oil on paper, and as the UOA's come in during the next few months, I am sure it will be proven real world as well.
jehartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehartley View Post
Then you'd be wrong. Shell makes great oils...UOA's prove it. The new Pennzoil Ultra is a great oil on paper, and as the UOA's come in during the next few months, I am sure it will be proven real world as well.
One or two great oils from a company who almost purely produces sub-par oil doesn't make them a great oil manufacturer.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
tightchevelle69
Derrick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
so what weight of oil do you guys use with the synthetic?

2010 ABM 2SS/RS, A6, home Dec 10th, wifes birthday present!
2007 GMC Yukon XL, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 1969 Chevelle
tightchevelle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #22
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
allot of the ubar top brand use the mobile1 0W50 like $3000 a quart
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #23
jehartley

Drives: Red LT1 & Silver LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
One or two great oils from a company who almost purely produces sub-par oil doesn't make them a great oil manufacturer.
One or two? You don't seem to be very knowledgeable about Shell oil...is it because you are misinformed, or is it an intentional misrepresentation?
jehartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #24
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
There are a lot of factors that make one synthetic better than another.

The two primary factors are the base stock and additive package.

Do your own research on "PAO", and "ZDDP". Then research oil manuf. on who makes what you want.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #25
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Amsoil is sold in pyramid scam fashion, why I don’t like it.
regardless of how good it is.

Like those vacuum cleaners [rainbow, Kerby], they are the best in the world but you can’t buy them in a store, only from a door to door salesmen in pyramid scam fashion.

If you need such a hi tech syn, mobile 1 or RP

Don’t feed the pyramid scam beast.

Those type of sales went out of popularity for a good reason.
Here we go with the anti-Amsoil attack. These posts use name-calling as a form of attack that draws a vague equivalence between a concept and a company or product. By linking the company or product being attacked to a negative symbol (scam), the propagandist hopes that the audience will reject the company or the product on the basis of the symbol (scam), instead of looking at the available evidence.

AMSOIL operates like most other “traditional businesses” and compensates Dealers for their efforts better than most companies do when paying their employees. Anyone can start an AMSOIL business, today, and work their way to the top and join the ranks of AMSOIL’s highest earning Dealers!

Currently, several of the top 20 Dealers in the AMSOIL business have only recently started selling AMSOIL! In fact, one of the top five Dealers in the company has been an AMSOIL Dealer for less than 6 years! The AMSOIL opportunity is alive and well … and is based on your efforts, not your position within the organization!

Don’t confuse “business structure” with an illegal “pyramid scheme” - where the only way the people on top make money is from the people on the bottom buying something.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #26
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
A real business would have their product in every store possible, not just guys driving around with stickers on their pickup truck who try and cold sales ya. [had them reatards bug me at the gas pump cause I pulled next to them, with their sales jibberish like they landed a sucker.]

Its why no one use that business plan anymore but Amsoil, Avon, Kirby, Rainbow, Amway…….

I have no doubt you got guys “high” up in a short amount of time, cause ya rotate folks in and out so fast. As the pyramid doesn’t work unless your 100% on your game, and there is always a fresh batch ready to replace you.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Amsoil is sold in pyramid scam fashion, why I don’t like it.
regardless of how good it is.

Like those vacuum cleaners [rainbow, Kerby], they are the best in the world but you can’t buy them in a store, only from a door to door salesmen in pyramid scam fashion.

If you need such a hi tech syn, mobile 1 or RP

Don’t feed the pyramid scam beast.

Those type of sales went out of popularity for a good reason.
Pyramid Structure (scam) = Equals most companies.

One guy at the top makes the most money. Typical structure is

Pres

VP VP

Regional Regional Regional Regional

Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist Man. Dist. Man.

...and so on. The guy on the bottom will never makes as much as the guy on top. Hmmm Sounds a lot like the business model for the typical U.S. company. Now, one wouldnt say they are a scam would they?

There is nothing wrong with direct sales. The reason so many companies have gone away from it is because it is cheaper to advertise in a different way than to have a PERSON getting paid to do direct sales. Though there are still quite a few direct sales jobs out here most people dont even realize they exist. ...ie. Medical equipment sales. Pharmacy sales. Electronic equipment sales, just to name a few.

OP,
the best price you can get on Amsoil, is through their webpage and become a preferred customer. You still get a decent discount but dont have to be a dealer.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #28
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
Amsoil is the best on the market. PERIOD. The clogged line guy is all wet. I never seen it printed anywhere ever, and I market Amsoil. We are much better than RP and independant magazines have proved it. Go to this link to see article.
www.greatoil4less.com/default/FastFours.html
Cost is cheap in the long run. Do the math. I put people on the Preferred Customer program for FREE. That is how much I believe in the products I market. 5W-30 is $6.75 a quart or less.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote