Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Test
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #501
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
i have 2 issues i want to get fixed,,1) how do i change the default colors? when in default on mode? my driver halos are always light blue..and my drls are light real light bluish..? cant seem to change them, i tried to re-set ,unplug, remove fuses temp.? 2nd) i cant seem to get WHITE..its always a semi.purple color? thanks for an help.
I dont have the app open on mine at the moment so not sure of exact steps but think under settings you can change the default colors to what ever you want. Mine for example are set to red.

As for Pure white Halos good luck. I have tried everything possible. Lights always turn out slightly blueish even when diving into the Custom Color correction. This occurs on my Camaro and Smart car Night owl setups.

This is the ONLY issue I have found with both my Night owl setups on two different cars.

Joe can chime in better on this, but it would be nice to have PURE white setting from the start universal to all LED's set to factory pure white. With my system the PURE white setting from Night owl is either slightly blue tinge on some LEDS or slightly yellow on others. As stated even with color correction unable to achieve the "PURE" white factory look.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #502
rydahog

Drives: 2012 SS 45th..Auto
Ok, I will keep trying with default? But no luck so far..I can't find default chanel settings? ..as for the white issue my wife chimed in here and even said..that leds.seem to have a bluish tint normally..so i guess until someone changes led bulbs?.lol this is the way it is..it seems to me at night it is better ..then daytime for some reason....
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #503
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Ok, I will keep trying with default? But no luck so far..I can't find default chanel settings? ..as for the white issue my wife chimed in here and even said..that leds.seem to have a bluish tint normally..so i guess until someone changes led bulbs?.lol this is the way it is..it seems to me at night it is better ..then daytime for some reason....
Are you running android or ios? Either way, both apps have a settings (where you added your system key) and then choose modules. Your modules list should include "Front HP" or some other name for that module. Click on that, and then you should see "Color Correction" and "Default Color" for each device. Set the default color to white, and then go in color correction and turn down red and blue for the headlight halos.

If you are talking about the white DRL bulbs, that color cannot be changed. If you are talking about our DRL Halos, you can color-correct those by turning down the green and blue.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #504
rydahog

Drives: 2012 SS 45th..Auto
Thanks..I reinstalled the app..my bad..some how I lost front hp..it's fine now and colors I prefer for default..thnx again...
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #505

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Are you running android or ios? Either way, both apps have a settings (where you added your system key) and then choose modules. Your modules list should include "Front HP" or some other name for that module. Click on that, and then you should see "Color Correction" and "Default Color" for each device. Set the default color to white, and then go in color correction and turn down red and blue for the headlight halos.

If you are talking about the white DRL bulbs, that color cannot be changed. If you are talking about our DRL Halos, you can color-correct those by turning down the green and blue.
Joe I followed the instructions per I have a similar issue with the system default one light is red and the other white, I have attached some screen shots from my DROID and it appears I do not have an option for default color or color correction.. please advise

I just noticed this on the page right before this one....... I will try this tomorrow

Color correction is just one of the unique features of the NightOwl system. It is covered briefly in the "Getting Started with the NightOwl App" video on this page: http://nightowlleds.com/how-to_videos/ It is covered at the very end.

I realize that we haven't done a good enough job on educating people on some of the features. We'll be doing a video in the next week on just this one feature.

Basically, white is made up of red, green, and blue. Every LED has a different brightness for each of these 3 colors, and they can change over time. If the color is purplish, then you will need to turn down red and blue, while leaving green 100%.

Once this is done for each device, all of your mixed colors: yellow, cyan, orange, etc. should match very closely.

Here are the steps...I usually use a reference light such as a driving light or some other white light that I want to match to. So turn on a reference light.

The steps to perform color correction are:
1. Set lights to default by using "Idle Default" in the app. Stop any programs running.
2. Go into the settings in the app, and under the modules you should see your halo kit module. This is where all of the settings for the module are...where you assign the default colors, the channel numbers, as well as the color correction.
3. For each device, set the default color to full white (100% red, green, blue).
4. For each device, alter the color correction by bringing down red and blue (if it is purplish). Be sure to turn the brightness back to 100% if you adjust all 3 colors.

Last edited by 3400; 12-21-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: I didnt see the other page
3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:29 AM   #506
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Either there is a problem in the app (in which case close the app and relaunch it) or you don't have the module powered on. You can contact me at my email directly if you have further problems. My email is my username here with .com on the end.

In your photo, you blocked off part of your system name, but didn't block the system key (which is the important part to protect.)
Old 12-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #507

Quote:
Either there is a problem in the app (in which case close the app and relaunch it) or you don't have the module powered on. You can contact me at my email directly if you have further problems. My email is my username here with .com on the end.

In your photo, you blocked off part of your system name, but didn't block the system key (which is the important part to protect.)
Joe I removed the 1 picture , I will try this later on today... if I still have issues Ill contact you.
thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #508
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3400 View Post
Joe I removed the 1 picture , I will try this later on today... if I still have issues Ill contact you.
thanks
I think that I have seen this symptom with the android app once before...but I didn't catch it in the debugger. I was able to close out of the app completely, launch it fresh, and then I was able to communicate with the module. I'll be trying to reproduce it. But give that a shot and see if it helps.

I do see in your backup that the default is set for white on one side and red on the other, with no color correction.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #509

Hi Joe just did a reboot off my note 3 phone plugged in the wifi in the console and tried it again same thing... So are you saying to uninstall the app and then reinstall?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #510
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Hi Joe just did a reboot off my note 3 phone plugged in the wifi in the console and tried it again same thing... So are you saying to uninstall the app and then reinstall?
No need to uninstall. Just close out of the app completely...pull up the task list and terminate the app. (sorry...I'm not an android user...I don't know the terminology) The task list is one of the buttons on the bottom of the phone, and you terminate an app by swiping it. Then launch the app again.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #511
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
No need to uninstall. Just close out of the app completely...pull up the task list and terminate the app. (sorry...I'm not an android user...I don't know the terminology) The task list is one of the buttons on the bottom of the phone, and you terminate an app by swiping it. Then launch the app again.
Sorry...if you rebooted the phone it would have done the same thing. Are your halos on? If so, let's try resetting the module itself. Turn the switch to the center position, and then back to battery.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #512

Quote:
Sorry...if you rebooted the phone it would have done the same thing. Are your halos on? If so, let's try resetting the module itself. Turn the switch to the center position, and then back to battery.
Ok the module is on ignition so no halos I try this in a bit...
Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #513
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Ok the module is on ignition so no halos I try this in a bit...
Yeah, if the switch is in ignition mode and the car is turned off, that would prevent communicating with the module. Either flip the switch to battery mode or turn on the ignition to communicate with the module. That will also turn on the halos.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #514

Quote:
Yeah, if the switch is in ignition oemode and the car is turned off, that would prevent communicating with the module. Either flip the switch to battery mode or turn on the ignition to communicate with the module. That will also turn on the halos.
Yes I flipped the switch by the battery to battery mode then the halo's were on RED pass side - white drivers side, went to modules and then I could see color correction etc, I then flipped the switch to the middle then back to what I believe is ignition (where I started) and halos turned off. then did the task manager end task and then re-opened the app and made sure the settings were idle default , then settings then modules and still nothing in ignition mode. this must be a bug in the app or something, Kids are up now and I will have to test this out later, I believe if I go back to Battery mode where I could tweak my defaults and color correction and then save it, I should be good to go in ignition mode from now on correct?
Attached Images

Last edited by 3400; 12-21-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: ADD PIC
Old 12-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #515
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Yes I flipped the switch by the battery to battery mode then the halo's were on RED pass side - white drivers side, went to modules and then I could see color correction etc, I then flipped the switch to the middle then back to what I believe is ignition (where I started) and halos turned off. then did the task manager end task and then re-opened the app and made sure the settings were idle default , then settings then modules and still nothing in ignition mode. this must be a bug in the app or something, Kids are up now and I will have to test this out later, I believe if I go back to Battery mode where I could tweak my defaults and color correction and then save it, I should be good to go in ignition mode from now on correct?
The middle is Off, one side direction is ignition, and one is battery. If the car is off and you want the halos on, you will have to flip it to battery position. The app cannot talk to the module when it is not turned on.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #516
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Here is a new video on Color Correction.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #517
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Joe I like the video, and would like to see more like this one. Just remember we are not all as educated as you or as young so we can't follow you as you whiz through your instructions. You are awesome and I love my Night Owls!
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceun View Post
Joe I like the video, and would like to see more like this one. Just remember we are not all as educated as you or as young so we can't follow you as you whiz through your instructions. You are awesome and I love my Night Owls!
Thanks Joe this will help, my issue the whole time was the car was turned off and i was in ignition mode, Now i know how to color correct and yes set the defaults. The video will help a bunch.... Going to add the grill light at the 1st of the year, all in combination with a ZL1 bumper and LED DRLS etc...
Old 12-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #519
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

This was Brandon's first video, and I am encouraging him to do more. I will have him slow down even more. I am not a Spring chicken myself.

3400, glad that helped. Settings for each module are stored on the module, so to change individual module settings, the module has to be powered up. That switch has always been a source of confusion for new users.