Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #43
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post

actually, that's the look i like to call envy.
I've seen the photoshops, it doesn't look bad. But for them to picture a pink on black 2 tone Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
That would be a great marketing ploy at the dealer, put fake wire "cages" around them, with a huge sign/banner in front that says "Adopt a Camaro Day!"
It would need a plaque too:

Camaro:
  • Name: means friend, pal, or comrade.
  • Habitat: found throughout North America, prefers rural areas. Also found in other parts of the world but sightings are rare.
  • Eating habits: it is a vicious animal that eats mustangs. Also has a taste for rice
  • Warning signs: will attempt to scare off foes with its loud growl and will deploy a smoke screen to cover its escape
  • Hunting Style: can chase down nearly anything in a sprint but is capable of high speed runs and is quite agile for its size
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #44
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
VERY funny, DG!! Nice post. I sense a photochop opportunity here for someone... HINT HINT....

And to the OP -- Hey, Mike! I forgot to add something to my original post - THANKS for posting this and answering our questions!

And W E L C O M E to Camaro5.com!!!!

Question: what were your impressions on steering response, and handling (bumps, etc)? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #45
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I've seen the photoshops, it doesn't look bad. But for them to picture a pink on black 2 tone Camaro?

It would need a plaque too:

Camaro:
  • Name: means friend, pal, or comrade.
  • Habitat: found throughout North America, prefers rural areas. Also found in other parts of the world but sightings are rare.
  • Eating habits: it is a vicious animal that eats mustangs. Also has a taste for rice
  • Warning signs: will attempt to scare off foes with its loud growl and will deploy a smoke screen to cover its escape
  • Hunting Style: can chase down nearly anything in a sprint but is capable of high speed runs and is quite agile for its size
LOL!

I'm not gonna tell anyone bout my paint, ill just let them see for themselves after its done. A lot of people hate the sound of it, but once you see it in person, even if it's not your taste it will be respectable.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #46
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
"I thought I saw something and then it was gone."

BTW: If you mess with Pinks paintjob then be prepared to be hunted. I will not tolerate this animosity toward paintjobs that are obliviously epicly more awesome then yours.

NO but really I got pinks back on this.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #47
Micah

Drives: -
2KZ28,

I'm glad you asked about steering response and handling. I don't know if it came across in the video but I came away hugely impressed with the Camaro's road manners. The GM RWD team seems to have found the sweet spot between ride comfort and controlled handling. The Camaro had no issues dealing with downtown San Diego's crappier pavement but felt lively and controllable in the mountains. And the steering isn't overboosted, offering a proper level of resistance without being fatiguing.

If I were in the market for a new car I honestly might go for the V6 Camaro. Of course I haven't driven the V8...yet.

Thanks,
Micah Muzio
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #48
poetikmaestro

Drives: Nissan Altima SE-R
Paddle Shifters...

Hey guys, this is a great forum and I just joined...just like to thank everyone for all the info. I have a question:

Micah,
I was reading a few posts on another thread talking about the paddle shifters and how they work. If you could please explain if the shifters are behind the steering wheel and how the push/pull works. Whether or not you pull to upshift and push to downshift and so on...are there two shifters? Thanks guys and sorry if this has already been discussed.
poetikmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Micah,

I want to first, welcome you to the site. Second, I want to say thanks for not only just posting up a video, but for answering our members questions. You could have posted up the info and disappeared, but you stuck around....I admire that. It shows the enthusiasm and that you are someone that cares.

I have a question for you if and when you get a chance. Ok...make that two questions. First, was the drivers seat in it's final production spot (the base) so that you could gauge proper leg room.

Next, I read that you are 5'10"....but did you get a chance to put the seat all the way back? I sat in a G8 GT today that simply BLEW MY MIND. Hours ago and I still can't get over the fit and finish, comfort, and killer looks...and the fact that there was SO MUCH MORE ROOM in the drivers seat than in my 02 Camaro SS. I'm 6'2" and there's a lot of tall guys on this board that have been wondering the same thing.

Any chance you might be able to shed some light on this for us?

Thanks Micah....and GREAT video by the way. You asked some great questions and had a GREAT interview!.....lucky SOB.....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #50
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Micah, I have a question. A train leaves Pittsburgh at 3:00, traveling at 60 mph. while another train leaves Chicago at the same time going 45 mph...lol, just kidding. I had another question but couldn't remember it by the time I read through the thread.

Oh, wait, I just remembered it. This is something that's been bugging me. Would you by any chance know what the deal is with the mail slot on the V6? It's on most of the test V6's, but not the recent production examples we've seen. Did you hear anything about it being an option on the V6?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #51
Micah

Drives: -
Let me just preface the following by saying that since I was filming rather than taking proper notes my recollection may be buggy. If any of you buy a 2010 Camaro and what I said turns out to be completely wrong, I wasn't lying intentionally.

With that out of the way.

-poetikmaestro: There are two steering wheel mounted paddles that you pull. One for upshifts (right) and one for downshifts (left). To enter manual mode you move the shifter from D to M. Just moving to M puts the transmission into sport mode. With the shifter in M once you use one of the paddles the transmission stays in manual mode.

-TAG UR IT: I would be surprised if the seating arrangement changed much from the pre-production version I drove. I didn't think to put the seat all the way rearward but there was definitely room to move back. A good way to judge interior space might be Doug Houlihan. If I remember right he was a few inches taller than me and he fit just fine, even with a camera guy sitting behind him.

-balonywolf: To answer your questions.
1. 6:45 in Fort Wayne
2. What the hell is a mail slot? J/K There was a notch in the nose of our car where the slot, or slot-like trim, would go. However, beyond powertrain and suspension, the cars we drove weren't proper representations of the production car. In fact they were a real hodgepodge of parts from throughout the Camaro's development cycle, so I wouldn't give too much weight to their looks. For example, the manual transmission car I drove also had non-functioning paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
kanys,

Overall the cabin is a tighter than Challenger but still plenty roomy. The only gripe I have from the driver's seat is a colossal blind spot thanks to the wide C-pillar.
The C-pillar is the very rear side part of the roof, correct? If that is what you are talking about I can't imagine it being any worse than my Sky with the Top Up. That is one reason if I get a Camaro it will be the Convertible.

You did a great Job, and nobody answered my first question, did I see a red Bowtie on that Camaro?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #53
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Great vid, lots of good information there.

PS. I would pay to take a drive like that right now! What did they say about running the car....ahem......fast, burnout maybe, some foot to the floor action?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #54
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Hey Micah, that was a great video. A lot of good questions were asked and the dialogue revealed a lot about how the car feels. Good news for me, even with that camera angle the view out the back and sides isn't quite as bad as I was expecting. I love the thought of the exhaust sounding like a WWII fighter. Overall everything looks great. Did seeing the huge antenna on top make anyone else think of Smokey and the Bandit?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #55
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Hi Micah, great vid. It really shed alot of light on the size of the interior and the road manners. One question I have is about shoulder room. I have pretty wide shoulders and it seems like the space between the seat and the door is pretty minimal. My girlfriend had a mini and my shoulder would hit the pillar. Any idea on how shoulder room differs in the camaro. I know it's an obscure question, if you could shed any light I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #56
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Thanks Micah for the video. I am jealous that you were driving the Camaro in my home town. Where in the mountains were you driving the Camaro?