Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #421
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
that is it. I am going to get rid of my SS. Nobody ever waves at me too
Just kidding :-)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #422
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
OP just needs attention... Wants an exclusive car, wants people to wave at him, buys a red vette convertible (last generation) then makes this thread. Well, OP, now you've gotten a lot of attention...
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #423
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Sounds like a Mustang loyalist copied some Corvette pics off Google and decided to troll the forum.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #424
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Drove past a Prius tonight & the SOB didn't wave to me in my Camaro....... Why did I buy this car??? Oh wait cuz its awesome!! Sorry OP just having a little fun....

Cam
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #425
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Now that camaro sales have dumped, Chevrolet is reassigning engineers from camaro assignments to the C7 project. I only found one new, in stock, base C6 for sale within 200 miles of my address using Autotrader to search all dealerships. There may not be a high demand according to some, but they are not in stock.....anywhere....when these places all had ZL1s in stock.....
Still here huh? I thought you didn't like the Camaro Community.

You can think and have whatever opinions you want, but your statement above is just a load of crap. Camaro sales have not 'dumped' and as a GM engineer I can assure you no one is being pulled off of Camaro assignments to work on the C7. Maybe two or three years ago, but the engineering on the C7 is pretty much done and the next gen Camaro is in full swing. Please just stick to your strange opinions and spare us the Camaro and Corvette 'facts'.

Do you really pick what car you drive based on demand? If they are hard to find then that's what you want? That's really sad. You should move to Detroit and save yourself some money. A Toyota Corolla is a real rarity around here. You could have the only one.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #426
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
I'm actually a Mustang loyalist.
We can't deny that the Camaro has historically always been a response to the Mustang, and Ford displayed true innovation when they created it. That being said I think the Camaro is the epitome of American "cool"... more so than the mustang. To each their own of course. Both are awesome.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #427
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
OP just needs attention... Wants an exclusive car, wants people to wave at him, buys a red vette convertible (last generation) then makes this thread. Well, OP, now you've gotten a lot of attention...
Pretty much sums it up perfectly... and just to add a little psych 101, he may have some "inadequacies" that driving a "flashier"(?), bigger, stronger engine will overcome? Mmmmm?

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 07-18-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #428
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
I'll keep discussing this because its kinda fun.

Quote:
As stated. Can't change those set in their own beliefs.
Yes, you can. Just bring in facts. Here is an example...

Quote:
Now that camaro sales have dumped, Chevrolet is reassigning engineers from camaro assignments to the C7 project.
As someone else mentioned, where you get "reassigning engineers from" this from? Is this opinion or did you read this?

I challenge this. Please provide a reference the back this up i.e., facts.

Quote:
I only found one new, in stock, base C6 for sale within 200 miles of my address using Autotrader to search all dealerships. There may not be a high demand according to some, but they are not in stock.....anywhere....when these places all had ZL1s in stock.....
Not sure what this proves. # of used car sales doesn't indicate demand. May mean noone in your area wanted to sell theirs or few people own them. A dealer can own them to get people in showrooms to own them ZL1s are very expensive cars. Also, they're very expensive, new cars hence why they are more for sale and why they aren't flying off the shelf.

I was wrong. It isn't as fun as I though.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #429
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #430
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Yeah! Beat that horse!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #431
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I went into my local dealer yesterday to talk to a couple friends I have there and after reading this guys posts I wanted to get some direct answers.

I asked them why they had two 2013 ZL1, 4 2013 SS and 2 2013 LTs on the lot and not one corvette????

Their comment, "Because we sell the hell out of the Camaro and the last corvette we got in set here for 6 months before we sent it to another dealer."

Dealers are not going to stock a high dollar inventory item if they do not expect it to move relatively quickly. They will simply take orders for those high dollar, low sales volume items such as vets and keep the Camaros in stock.

Now the reply will be that the ZL1 costs more then the base price vette, that is true but the ZL1s customer base is MUCH larger then the Vettes, someone with a small family can easily get by with the Camaro whereas that's not practical with the vette.

Its simple economics why they keep the Camaros in stock, more people are in that customer base group and they sell faster then Vettes.

Not because the Camaro sales have hit the toilet. They always slow down this time of year historically.

By the way, I thought this guy said he was leaving about 100 posts back, I see he is true to his word, got to love that.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #432
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #433
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I went into my local dealer yesterday to talk to a couple friends I have there and after reading this guys posts I wanted to get some direct answers.

I asked them why they had two 2013 ZL1, 4 2013 SS and 2 2013 LTs on the lot and not one corvette????

Their comment, "Because we sell the hell out of the Camaro and the last corvette we got in set here for 6 months before we sent it to another dealer."

Dealers are not going to stock a high dollar inventory item if they do not expect it to move relatively quickly. They will simply take orders for those high dollar, low sales volume items such as vets and keep the Camaros in stock.

Now the reply will be that the ZL1 costs more then the base price vette, that is true but the ZL1s customer base is MUCH larger then the Vettes, someone with a small family can easily get by with the Camaro whereas that's not practical with the vette.

Its simple economics why they keep the Camaros in stock, more people are in that customer base group and they sell faster then Vettes.

Not because the Camaro sales have hit the toilet. They always slow down this time of year historically.

By the way, I thought this guy said he was leaving about 100 posts back, I see he is true to his word, got to love that.
He couldn't leave if he tried, not a strong enough will. Can't just say his piece and be done, has to get the last word. Would never make it somewhere else!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #434
meadowz06

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Until you hit something. Lol
Really? Do you really know anything about a Corvette? Apparently not.

Closed Thread