Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
SlingshotEngage
Dad’s Camaro

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS Camaro
Thumbs down Crankshaft Pulley Issues

So... I had low oil pressure and decided to replace the oil pump as I know it is a common problem. I removed everything, replaced the crankshaft gear tensioner with the wishbone type from the LS2. I have issues getting the crankshaft pulley back on, so I tap it one with a large 32mm socket and a hammer(I did not hit it hard, not a lot of room in there to do so).

Then I go to rotate the crankshaft after putting the car in neutral. It doesn't turn. I try for a long long time, and a lot of different ways, 1-1.5 hours, but nothing is working. Shouldn't be that difficult anyways right? I think something might be bound up in the crankshaft gear, maybe something to do with the wishbone tensioner. As i am pulling off the pulley, it seems like it seized on the shaft and is bringing out the shaft with it. If there is already a thread on this, please point me in that direction. If not, please let me know what is going on, cause whatever it is, it doesnt seem good.

Tags
crank pulley, crankshaft, not cool