Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Wow...probably why I got this E-Mail today
[SIZE="3"]

1405 Highland Avenue (Route 10)
Cheshire, Connecticut 06410
(p) 203-272-1000 • (f) 203-271-2502
www.richardchevy.com

To Our Valued Customers:

Recently there has been a lot of media coverage regarding dealerships closing, and even some falsified mailers claiming that certain dealerships may be closing. I am writing to you to let you know Richard Chevrolet is here to stay. Due to our high volume and high customer satisfaction scores we will continue to serve the Connecticut community for many years to come. Although these are tumultuous times, the restructuring that has taken place will mean that our previous customers, and newly acquired customers will be provided with even better, more extensive services than before. During this expansion, we are making accommodations to assure that everyone will continue to receive the same high level of service that we have provided for 34 years. We look forward to serving you today, tomorrow and for years to come. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can also visit our website at richardchevy.com to learn about all the services
that Richard Chevrolet provides. Thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely,

J. Jason Vianese
General Manager
[/SIZE
]
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Didn't fbodfather ask us NOT to put closed dealerships up to honor those "workers" at closing dealerships with the dignity they deserve? Goes to show you how much contempt there is consumers have against GM dealerships and salesmen.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
Wisc camaro

Drives: 1SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Wondering if anyone has been affected by dealer closings, ordered my car late October 2008, and last Friday my dealership was on the list to close. Yesterday the dealer called me and told me that he would not be able to get my order, he said that he would refund my money, but that if I ordered from another dealership that I would not be guaranteed price protection. The dealer tried to call other dealers in the area and they would order me one but at 5k over sticker. I had agreed to buy mine a 2ss 6sp RJT/black for sticker. This really sucks especially after waiting almost for years
Why did you dealer say they could not get the order? My dealer is on the list and they said it will not impact my order as it does not take effect until Oct 2010?
Wisc camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
"Two dealerships owned by the Asbury Automotive Group in Kissimmee, Florida"

That is Coggin Chevrolet in Kissmmee. I get, well used to get, all my warrenty work done done there. Their sales department sucks (price gougers +5k over msrp, small inventory) but it is one of the best service departments that I have ever been to.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #19
ROBZ 28

Drives: 07 AVALANCHE,2000 ZX12R,MALIBU
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBZ 28
THIS SUCKS. NO ONE HAS YET EXPLAINED TO ME HOW THIS SAVES GM OR CHRYSLER. DEALERSHIPS ARE INDEPENDANTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. WE PAY GM FOR THE SIGN OUT FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
ROBZ 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #20
jm06

Drives: 2010 2SS
good luck!

Anyone who is getting one for sticker is either on a LONNNNNGGGG list or the dealer is simply taking them out of the market with over promising and under delivering. . My local dealership is selling 3G's over (WHICH IS A GR8 DEAL!!!). The "market conditions" don't allow this vehicle to be sold @ sticker. You learned this in 1st grade..... SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Wondering if anyone has been affected by dealer closings, ordered my car late October 2008, and last Friday my dealership was on the list to close. Yesterday the dealer called me and told me that he would not be able to get my order, he said that he would refund my money, but that if I ordered from another dealership that I would not be guaranteed price protection. The dealer tried to call other dealers in the area and they would order me one but at 5k over sticker. I had agreed to buy mine a 2ss 6sp RJT/black for sticker. This really sucks especially after waiting almost for years
jm06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I would suggest that only a link be provided to the Huffington Post. If you are posting inaccurate information here, you are exposing yourself to a potential lawsuit (for libel) if anyone of those dealers reads this and they are not one of the dealers that got the letter.

I think it's irresponsible to be printing a list without a verified source.

That's probably why Fbodfather has discouraged this.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #22
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm06 View Post
Anyone who is getting one for sticker is either on a LONNNNNGGGG list or the dealer is simply taking them out of the market with over promising and under delivering. . My local dealership is selling 3G's over (WHICH IS A GR8 DEAL!!!). The "market conditions" don't allow this vehicle to be sold @ sticker. You learned this in 1st grade..... SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!!
There are a lot of people here who got it for MSRP and under and are not on a "long" list.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I would suggest that only a link be provided to the Huffington Post. If you are posting inaccurate information here, you are exposing yourself to a potential lawsuit (for libel) if anyone of those dealers reads this and they are not one of the dealers that got the letter.

I think it's irresponsible to be printing a list without a verified source.

That's probably why Fbodfather has discouraged this.
I doubt someone can be sued for something like that on a web forum. Any Lawyers in the house?

I think this list is directly from Huffington Post, and they have each dealership closing cited.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 View Post
THIS SUCKS. NO ONE HAS YET EXPLAINED TO ME HOW THIS SAVES GM OR CHRYSLER. DEALERSHIPS ARE INDEPENDANTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. WE PAY GM FOR THE SIGN OUT FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
It's CAPS lock economics.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #25
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm06 View Post
This simply is not true. I'm getting mine for invoice and am first at my dealer, you just have to know how to work with them.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #26
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Anyone wanna cross-reference this list with the price-gouging dealer thread?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
mbaker248

Drives: 1995 Towncar
Sticker Price

My dealer has guaranteed my invoce price for a 1SS/CGM/G cloth interior at an amazing price of 31,040. I don't have it in writing, but have the email stating the fact, and have it printed out. They also said there would be no "doc" fees added. Just bring 31,040 to them and or some extra cash for a downpayment and the car is mine.
I even have my order number, and am waiting for GM to pull my # from the dealers computer.
I'll just say they have treated me with the greatest customer service via phone and email than I could have ever imagined!
They are located in Oklahoma!

GO SOONERS!!!
mbaker248

Last edited by mbaker248; 05-20-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
mbaker248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #28
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 View Post
I was confused about this too. The explanation I got is that when you have multiple dealers in the same market, they essentially compete with each other and drive down the average sale price for the same vehicle. That makes sense, but what I'm still not clear on is how that affects GM. They sell the car for $X to the dealership, and whether the dealership sells for little profit or significant profit, what's the difference to GM?