Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
PLEASE READ. THREAD TO END COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRE-ORDERING AND WAITING...

This is not directed to everyone here. There is a lot of knowledge shared on this site, but everyday people start threads about "where is my car" and "why do I not have a VIN" and so on. A lot of us that have been here for a while and understand the order/allocation/allotment process that determines when your car is built, but a lot of the people missed all that information and this is an effort to stop the redundant posts/threads about this.

If you pre-ordered your vehicle and do not understand what is going on please continue reading. This is to help you out...

Regardless of the date you ordered, your Camaro will be built according to your dealers allocation and your priority.

For example: If your dealer had 10 original allocations, and you were order number 10, your car will be one of the last one's built through the third quarter whether you placed that order in October of last year or yesterday.

See, initial allocations were given to dealers as an "estimate" of how many vehicles they would be getting through the third quarter of the year. It was then up to the dealer to be responsible with those allocations and choose whether or not to pre-sell them. Some dealers sold them all, some sold a few, and some did not pre-order at all because they wanted show room vehicles. GM cannot make 10 cars for one dealer and 0 for another because, once again, it was the dealers call as to whether or not they would pre-sell these vehicles.

Another example: Sticking with the above scenario, you were 10 of 10 at your dealer, and adding the dealer down the street who decided not to pre-sell and also had 10 allcations. The dealer down the street will likely get 9 show room cars befor eyour get your pre-order.

Why you ask? Isn't your pre-order more important than a car for the lot? In some aspects, yes it is. But to GM, these cars are already paid for whether they go to you or to a dealer. Yes, GM does care about you and the fact that you pre-ordered this awesome car, but they owe their dealers the cars just as much as they do you. Because let's face it...the dealers buy hundreds, if not thousands of cars from GM every year and are guaranteed business. Through franchise agreements, getting every dealer every car possible is priority # 1.

So once again, the date you ordered your car is irrelevant in the grand scheme of it all. Your dealer should have explained this process to you. I don't blame any of you for your frustration if this was not explained to you properly. This thread is just an effort to clean up the boards a little bit and help everyone understand the process. I know it sucks for a lot of you who are impatiently waiting for this car, but this is just the way it is.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Not to hijack the thread, but I had to do a double take on your avatar .. I thought you were sitting on the John ..

Crowley
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I had to do a double take on your avatar .. I thought you were sitting on the John ..

Crowley
That's where I'm the most creative with my music...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
There is a complaint thread. Everything winds up going in that thread by the mods. I dont see an issue.

=bobby
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
I understand the system and how it works. What if my dealer does not? I can call the Sales Manager, my Salesman, and neither have a clue of how it works (or how many allocations they have or where I'm at in there).

What do we do in that case?
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Hey Sticky this!!!

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
theshadow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
So what you're saying is that my Camaro will get here when it gets here?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
So what you're saying is that my Camaro will get here when it gets here?
No, he's saying it will be built "as soon as possible".
Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
No, he's saying it will be built "as soon as possible".
And then it will get here when it gets here.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
patm

Drives: 2010 camaro
My dealer had one allocation and that was my car.But he did get one for the may 6th unveiling and he didn't order it ,he was told he was getting one.Told to order a cover months before he even got the car.
For the vin posting I told him he was getting RED ONE BEFORE HE KNEW IT.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
Wisc camaro

Drives: 1SS Victory Red
Hello camaro5 members, long time lurker first time posting. First I want to say that I read the site every day looking for news about this car. I ordered a victory red 1SS on January 16th and am at code 3000. I appreciate the information on dealer allocations and how the system works but I am still frustrated over the lack of information on my order. I ordered from a small dealer in Arlington Wisconsin and I have known my salesman for years. This dealer only placed one order and I am #1 on the allocation list yet I don't seem to be progressing like others #1 on the list. My dealer already recevied thier 1lt RS although they did not even know it was coming. At least I got to sit in one and I have to say it is WAY cooler looking in person. Also you tall guys, I am 6'4" and there was plenty of head and leg room and the inside was awesome. Seeing it in person does not help the wait

Can anyone help me to understand how I can get more information, the 1800 number was a bust, told me they could not tell me my build date or when they could tell me when my build date is
Wisc camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Toys4Fun

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Wisc camaro,

I do not think anyone can help. I am in the same situation as you ordered 10/15/08 at a small ND dealer and am at 2050 with a #1 priority for first car. Dealer says V6 should be here this week. Seems there is no love for small dealers. I have also tried the 1800 and got same response as most people, talk to your dealer. We just have to stick it out and hope they will be built soon.
Toys4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Anyone who ordered from a dealership who sells less than 1,000 new cars a year should be VERY careful about putting your money down with them.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Anyone who ordered from a dealership who sells less than 1,000 new cars a year should be VERY careful about putting your money down with them.
Or....if you ordered in a large town with 5 other Chevy dealers in a 5mile radius :P
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote