Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
ok i need more help, hard start when hot!

i will tell you what i have done... replaced starter 2x, now has NEW HTQ starter, along with new pigtail and new crank sensor. the starter is heat wrapped. i have cleaned the neg battery cable in trunk, i have added a postive bypass cable past the post in the engine bay. i have added ground wire to the engine/frame. the battery has been replaced a couple times. is it possible its in the tune? is there anywhere else i should add a ground? i am going to add heat wrap to the exhaust where it passes the starter as well. but i am soooooooooooo tired of this!!!!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
There were some post a couple of years ago with some tune tweaks that were supposed to help. I don't remember anymore details but if you dig you can likely find the post or maybe someone else can remember more details.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #3
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
It has to do with ignition timing when the vehicle is in hot start vs cold start. Minor tun adjustment should help with that
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote