Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
Bluetooth Not Available "OnStar service cancleed"

I have a 2011 Camaro SS that I canceled the OnStar Service

now I cant seem to use the Blue tooth thru my car

I choose config > phone settings and get not available

I have read and located and replaced the fuse even thou it was not blown and still the same not available

I thought I also read Blue tooth and OnStar are separate??

where can I find the OnStart Module in the car??
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Weird. I have never run OnStar past the trial in my 2010 or 2013 and my Bluetooth worked in the 2010 and works in the 2013.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
RogerBzSS

I need to locate the PDIM module and the OnStar Module in the car where are they located??

I dont want to go tearing shit apart that I do not need to??
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a 2011 without an Onstar subscription and I'm able to use Bluetooth just fine.

Dumb question, but are you trying to configure your Bluetooth to your phone while driving? Or the engine running? I'm sure you're locked out from setting it up while driving, can't be 100% sure if you can do it with the engine on. Never tried it that way.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Yeah, your car has to be in park or neutral with the e-brake on to set up your bluetooth stuff--either car audio or handsfree.

Other than that, I could see that a module has possibly failed. I hope that's not the case.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
RogerBzSS

I have been trying to set blue tooth up again this morning with the key only on , no motor and the e brake set.

Where are the modules??
Old 08-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #7
insanity213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The PDIM is under the center console but that one is only for bluetooth audio streaming. The bluetooth handsfree phone module I believe is integrated with the onstar brain itself. I want to say its on the passenger side of the dash behind the glove box somewhere.
insanity213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
RogerBzSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanity213 View Post
The PDIM is under the center console but that one is only for bluetooth audio streaming. The bluetooth handsfree phone module I believe is integrated with the onstar brain itself. I want to say its on the passenger side of the dash behind the glove box somewhere.

Thanx I'll check on those locations today

I also pulled F13 fuse to try and re-boot the PDIM

More of the story is my phone had always been paired blue tooth wise and was able to use it.

I canceled Onstar a week before my 6 yr old battery went dead "3 volts" left bought a new AcDelco Battery charged it installed it drove it and it went dead a few days later
so my car had some draw killing the new battery

I've been driving my car daily and battery has not had the chance to be drained while I figure out WTF is going on

So with the PDIM Bluetooth stuff not working and OnStar will not engage / start up to even chat with OnStar

I think my problem is between 1 or the other
Old 08-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #9
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Onstar should work even without a subscription. Work, as in, press the button and get an operator. That's the process to activate after your account expires/closed/inactive. If neither is working, I'd guess you have a hardware fault. It could also be related to the battery issue.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #10
insanity213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
When the bluetooth module went apeshit in my wifes acura it turned into a parasitic draw. Use an ammeter on the circuit feeding the onstar box and see if that's where your drain is coming from.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
insanity213 is offline   Reply With Quote