Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #43
2SSRSinNC
Apricot idea killer

Drives: '12 SW 2SSRS LS3 w/roof '10 Slade
Send a message via AIM to 2SSRSinNC
I'm not a big show person, but I've observed enough. From what I've witnessed people get butt hurt when someone enters a 'new car'.
2SSRSinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #44
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Cool story bro.
Glad you care.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #45
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Glad you care.

Yeah. I like to show my support. Btw, I have the same problem here. You know how to deal with it? Ignore them. Half of them are too scared to race and the rest just like to hear themselves talk. And I'm sure you are doing just as much shit-talking as they are. That's why you are in this situation to begin with. I'd find a better grouP to be with if I was you.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #46
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Same thing happen to me when I purchased my car the third day of it's purchase. I took it to the dealership they fixed it. Then a week after the same side but only a bigger key mark. God bless them I didn't grab hold of them. It's mere jealously man it sucks but it's just part of life. People hate what they don't understand. They fear what they can't conquer. Just keep doing what you do. Just keep making them sick !
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #47
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
exactly.

Don't let them get to you.

Heck, some ****er keyed the hell out of Kaylee two weeks ago. Do I dwell on it? No. Ok well maybe some revenge dwelling but that's it. There are always going to be people who don't like you/your car. It could be out of envy, jealously, or that they're just a dick.

If you take life too seriously you'll never get out alive.
Don't pay them no mind. They probably wish your car was theirs. Jealous bastards !!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Yeah. I like to show my support. Btw, I have the same problem here. You know how to deal with it? Ignore them. Half of them are too scared to race and the rest just like to hear themselves talk. And I'm sure you are doing just as much shit-talking as they are. That's why you are in this situation to begin with. I'd find a better grouP to be with if I was you.
Too be honest I kept to myself, a lot. It just kept up and kept up, that's when I would say a few things back in defense of myself...But that probably made things worse.

I like that "Powered by Haters" sticker in a previous post here. I may steal that idea. hahaha.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I've noticed that my car has been getting a lot of hate lately from the "Car guys" around here. We got a small muscle car group but this town is flooded with imports and ricers.

Anyways, no matter how well my car performs it never seems "up to par" or "impressive" even if it beats anything they throw at me they still call it "Slow", "overweight", "unimpressive", "ugly", you get the drift.

Hate? Jealously? who knows. Anyone else get this at all?
Frankly - anyone with those opinions....aren't worth paying attention to. Tell me I'm wearing blinders or whathaveyou - I prefer to enjoy every second of the awesomeness that is the Camaro.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #50
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Ask those who "hate" who the leader is in the segment - and who the leader has been since the new Camaro hit the streets --

Mr. Theodore McManus wrote something for Cadillac as an advertisement in the Saturday Evening Post -- wayyyyy back in 1915............it still speaks volumes about the 'Penalty of Leadership' -- and in fact, I have a copy of it framed in my office. It's travelled with me for the past 35 years at GM.

The Penalty of Leadership*

By Theodore MacManus

In every field of human endeavor, he that is first must perpetually live in the white light of publicity. Whether the leadership be vested in a man or in a manufactured product, emulation and envy are ever at work. In art, in literature, in music, in industry, the reward and the punishment are always the same. The reward is widespread recognition; the punishment, fierce denial and detraction.

When a man's work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few. If his work be merely mediocre, he will be left severely alone — if he achieve a masterpiece, it will set a million tongues a-wagging. Jealousy does not protrude its forked tongue at the artist who produces a commonplace painting. Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you, unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius.

Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious continue to cry out that it cannot be done. Spiteful little voices in the domain of art were raised against our own Whistler as a mountebank, long after the big world had acclaimed him its greatest artistic genius. Multitudes flocked to Bayreuth to worship at the musical shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he had dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all. The little world continued to protest that Fulton could never build a steamboat, while the big world flocked to the river banks to see his boat steam by.

The leader is assailed because he is a leader, and the effort to equal him is merely added proof of that leadership. Failing to equal or to excel, the follower seeks to depreciate and to destroy — but only confirms once more the superiority of that which he strives to supplant.

There is nothing new in this. It is as old as the world and as old as the human passions — envy, fear, greed, ambition, and the desire to surpass. And it all avails nothing. If the leader truly leads, he remains — the leader. Master-poet, master-painter, master-workman, each in his turn is assailed, and each holds his laurels through the ages. That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. That which deserves to live — lives.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #51
CamarOBX

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro 1996 Nissan Sentra
don't worry man my boss try's to bash me daily and says his 2008 170 hp Honda accord can even match my v6 326 hp camaro. I got him yesterday tho if u know what i mean.

They hate cause not only did chevy bring back the camaro but they 1 uped everyone else in the process lol. They made ford have to make a 650 hp gt 500 and 1000 hp snake. Right now ford is throwing everything they have on the table.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #52
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Ask those who "hate" who the leader is in the segment - and who the leader has been since the new Camaro hit the streets --

Mr. Theodore McManus wrote something for Cadillac as an advertisement in the Saturday Evening Post -- wayyyyy back in 1915............it still speaks volumes about the 'Penalty of Leadership' -- and in fact, I have a copy of it framed in my office. It's travelled with me for the past 35 years at GM.

The Penalty of Leadership*

By Theodore MacManus

In every field of human endeavor, he that is first must perpetually live in the white light of publicity. Whether the leadership be vested in a man or in a manufactured product, emulation and envy are ever at work. In art, in literature, in music, in industry, the reward and the punishment are always the same. The reward is widespread recognition; the punishment, fierce denial and detraction.

When a man's work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few. If his work be merely mediocre, he will be left severely alone — if he achieve a masterpiece, it will set a million tongues a-wagging. Jealousy does not protrude its forked tongue at the artist who produces a commonplace painting. Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you, unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius.

Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious continue to cry out that it cannot be done. Spiteful little voices in the domain of art were raised against our own Whistler as a mountebank, long after the big world had acclaimed him its greatest artistic genius. Multitudes flocked to Bayreuth to worship at the musical shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he had dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all. The little world continued to protest that Fulton could never build a steamboat, while the big world flocked to the river banks to see his boat steam by.

The leader is assailed because he is a leader, and the effort to equal him is merely added proof of that leadership. Failing to equal or to excel, the follower seeks to depreciate and to destroy — but only confirms once more the superiority of that which he strives to supplant.

There is nothing new in this. It is as old as the world and as old as the human passions — envy, fear, greed, ambition, and the desire to surpass. And it all avails nothing. If the leader truly leads, he remains — the leader. Master-poet, master-painter, master-workman, each in his turn is assailed, and each holds his laurels through the ages. That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. That which deserves to live — lives.
Very nicely put, I think that about says it all.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yeah, right...I'm sure if he makes some copies of that essay and shows it to the ricer jerks they will have a sudden catharsis and pay homage to the Camaro!...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #54
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
If you take life too seriously you'll never get out alive.
That's a movie quote... can't remember the name but the main character was Ryan Reynolds. Who actually said that though. It couldn't have been original to that movie.
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #55
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Haters always gunna hate bro.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #56
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCarrot View Post
That's a movie quote... can't remember the name but the main character was Ryan Reynolds. Who actually said that though. It couldn't have been original to that movie.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=If+you+take+lif...+get+out+alive.

HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote