Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #99
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
Thanks for all the kind words! I love fast cars. I definitely lean to Chevrolet and this is my first Ford sportscar I've ever had. My father is the primary driver on the Mustang. He is a "warranty" kind of guy and I'm just the opposite. I would have it with so many mods it would not be a driver so I'm agreeing to stay on the conservative side but when that warranty runs out. lookout! What better form of information about the GT500 than a Camaro owner. As far as the brakes, on the street they work great, no issues at all. If I planned to road course race it that would not be a problem when I got done with it. I know the car is about twice the price the SS was new but I can tell you this, it's worth it. I remember I let my father drive the Camaro off the lot and that was a good thing, coming from a Corvette background, I thought WT_ the first time I drove it. Now with all the mods I love it but it took a lot. I guess I need a sticker on the Mustang that says "If you beat me in the Mustang you'll have to race the SS"
No Chris it needs to say:

MY OTHER CAR IS FAST
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #100
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
great choice chris! we have had a few new GT500's on the dyno. they put down about 575rwhp stock
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #101
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
Wow, people are still talking about the brakes on the GT500. How about following the instructions in the owners manual?

SVT? Please put on some *%##@%&* brake duct cooling as all other super cars have on them.

Look at the lap times of the cars in the MT article. The GT500 on it's current platform could still use an X brace and a watts link set up along with wider tires(which everyone in the aftermarket already does) plus brake ducting and changing to track DOT fluid.

The ZL1 needs a shorter SC pulley and new tune, a more efficient heat exchanger, and it's designers not afraid to encroach on the mighty Corvettes.

Then call it a day. Erik
Very well said.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #102
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
Wow, people are still talking about the brakes on the GT500. How about following the instructions in the owners manual?

SVT? Please put on some *%##@%&* brake duct cooling as all other super cars have on them.

Look at the lap times of the cars in the MT article. The GT500 on it's current platform could still use an X brace and a watts link set up along with wider tires(which everyone in the aftermarket already does) plus brake ducting and changing to track DOT fluid.

The ZL1 needs a shorter SC pulley and new tune, a more efficient heat exchanger, and it's designers not afraid to encroach on the mighty Corvettes.

Then call it a day. Erik
Just because it has supercar levels of horsepower doesn't make it a super car....

Almost everything else though
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote