Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Seems to me 68 RS has put a lot of time and effort into organizing this event now for the 4th year...always on fathers day weekend. The first year was sunny, the second year rained, and last year was a mix of sun and rain. This cruise goes into the mountains it is extremely difficult to predict the weather anytime of year.
I does bother me that 3 people that spend a lot of time together all make the same post to make it seem like a whole bunch of people are not happy with the June weekend.
Part of the reason I'm sure there has not been a lot of replys to this thread yet might have something to do with me not sending out a PM to everyone that has been involved in a Alberta Cruise before. I normally do this just a bit later...a lot of people do not spend the time on C5 that some of us do
Whoa Layla, I meant absolutely no disrespect to 68RS in my post by suggesting that we look at alternate dates and I truly appreciate the effort he puts in to pull something like this together for our crew, but let me clarify a couple of things:

1. I have no issue with the date being on Father’s Day, in fact I don’t remember saying anything about Father’s day in my post (and just to clarify the “always on fathers day weekend”, the first cruise wasn’t Father’s day weekend it was the weekend before), truth be told I think it’s a fun day for the dad's to get out and be with other dad’s and perhaps their kids to do something that they enjoy.

2. The first year of the cruise was beautiful, sunny and warm, the second year it poured, and last year we had rain, cold wind and some sun. “This cruise goes into the mountains it is extremely difficult to predict the weather anytime of year.” Maybe all the more reason we should look at an alternate dates??

3. “It does bother me that 3 people that spend a lot of time together all make the same post to make it seem like a whole bunch of people are not happy with the June weekend.” Nobodies comments were malicious in anyway. Yes, we talk about our Camaro’s lots (cause they are AWESOME) But I'm sure most will agree that driving in the rain with these beautiful cars kinda sucks, am I right?

4. “Part of the reason I'm sure there has not been a lot of replys to this thread yet might have something to do with me not sending out a PM to everyone that has been involved in a Alberta Cruise before. I normally do this just a bit later...a lot of people do not spend the time on C5 that some of us do” – All the more reason to send PM’s out? Get more than a handful of people to weigh in on a date???

With all this being said, I’m in for the cruise (As I'm sure everybody else's is too), no matter what the date.
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #44
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
OK then lets go on a cruise every month May thru Oct hmmm

Only I have to stay on the side of the border.
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdinger View Post

I'm in LMAO
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #46
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdinger View Post

Oh my! wouldn't that be nice! LOL LOL My only regret is Logan Pass isn't on this side of the border.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #47
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I don't have an issue with the cruise being on Father's Day either. As pointed out, it gives kids of all ages to enjoy a great cruise with their fathers! (Wonder if I could get mine to come). Hmmmm.....

And I'm sure nobody meant any disrespect to 68 RS. In fact, I'm sure we all appreciate the fact he puts these cruises together.
I would need high doses of medication to put something like this together.

No matter the weekend, I will...as always...do my absolute best, to get the weekend off. Or at least as much as I can for the cruise.

Just got my schedule today and it looks like I may have to do more begging and pleading again. One of the other guys at work bought an SS last year and I might be able to get him to come as well. So let's firm up a date! LOL
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #48
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 RS View Post
It seems like June 15th is the consensus. I will work on some hotel deals and see what is available for a group rate.

Since we went to Banff the 1st year, Jasper the 2nd year, Banff the 3rd year, we are looking to go to Jasper this year.

I'm hoping someone can book Boston Pizza in Rocky Mountain House again. I know that the dealership in Rocky Mountain House was going to try to something for us this year as well, so I will be in contact with them.

I will keep everyone posted.

I'm all for cruises every month of the year.... I've got this one in June.....Late June early July I'm Cruising to the 3rd annual Sturgis Camaro Rally (about 300 Camaros expected Drag racing, auto cross, poker runs into the Black Hills) , as of right now with 4 other Alberta Cars, meeting up with a few from B.C. and a bunch from Washington etc. in Billings MT. August looks good for another BC/Alberta meet and greet....

As much as the weather can affect June there are 3 other things that make the June cruise so great

1. Its when the person organizing it can make it.

2. Its early enough in the year to get a good turnout of Camaros (many peoples summers are already booked with weddings, vacations, etc.)

3. Lack of Traffic anyone who has spent any time in Banff/Jasper in July know the roads are packed....we have been very lucky in June letting our cars stretch their legs a bit

Last edited by Meltdownaverted; 01-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #49
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
Have PMS been sent out to everybody involved in previous cruises yet ?
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #50
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
Have PMS been sent out to everybody involved in previous cruises yet ?
your welcome to if you want....it does take a bit of time that I do not have right this moment
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #51
Robd
Robs SS

Sounds good...I will take the list kray used in previous years for taking Boston pizza orders and send PMS out as well as any other c5 members in the area
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #52
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
It rained last year we had the top down.

Booked June 15 already from work.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #53
mikemazz

Drives: 2011 camaro SS convertible
I'm new to this forum as well, live in Edmonton. Me and bee would like to join you if it's ok.
mikemazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #54
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemazz View Post
I'm new to this forum as well, live in Edmonton. Me and bee would like to join you if it's ok.
Hi Mike; the more the merrier is what I always say!! what year Bee? They are my favorite after all! Cheers Jim
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #55
Robd
Robs SS

Quote:
Welcome to Camaro five and would most definitely like to have any newcomers along
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #56
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Quote:
The more the merrier eh .. welcome................................. :-)
We found "IT" Check us out at www.wildcountrypowersports.ca Alberta's newest and Barrhead's LARGEST Polaris Dealer .... Oh yeah AND Honda .... lol AND as of just lately Yamaha .... Now we can pay for gas again :-)

CAN NOT WAIT TILL SPRING !!!!!!!!!!! Until Then BBBRRRAAAPPPPPPPPPP
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote