Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Sudden Power Loss

So I've been noticing this issue with my 2013 1LT, and it's something that my 2010 2LT never did.

When it's cold and I'm driving, usually down my street. When I upshift, the engine will sometimes loose power dramatically. Like the car just wont go. After a second or two, the power comes back and it drives normally. Once the engine warms up, it never does this.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? It happens to me fairly regularly. Several times a week I'd say.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
So I've been noticing this issue with my 2013 1LT, and it's something that my 2010 2LT never did.

When it's cold and I'm driving, usually down my street. When I upshift, the engine will sometimes loose power dramatically. Like the car just wont go. After a second or two, the power comes back and it drives normally. Once the engine warms up, it never does this.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? It happens to me fairly regularly. Several times a week I'd say.
l008com,

Apologies to hear about this loss of power while driving. If you send me your VIN, I'd happily research any recalls related to this issue. Have you considered getting an official diagnosis of this concern?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
l008com

I have not considered getting it checked out. It happens rarely enough that you can't "make" it happen, which makes it hard to diagnose. Plus it's a lease so unless it gets worse. . . eh. I'll find my vin and post back
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Suszuki outbaords in their new four strock stuff had a system called to "hot to fast". If tue computer sensed the block temp raising to fast it would cut power till air temp, head temp, block temp all looked right again. How long do you let your car warm up?
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
l008com

Not very long, but this is also not in the Winter. So generally I'll let it run for maybe a minute before I take off.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Are you driving in D or S? I never drive in D. There are some odd shift/stalls in D. It seems like sometimes the car just can't secide which gear to be in. It is much more responsive if you put it in M then don't tough the shift paddles. You are then in sport mode & the car is much more responsive.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
l008com

My cars a stick!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:14 AM   #8
l008com

This is a very old thread, and my car has about two more months left on it's lease.
But it still does this. All the time, not just when it's cold out. It happens most often when I'm trying to drive away from the intersection in front of my house. I drive to that intersection in first, stop, take off in first. Then I shift to second, get off the clutch, with plenty of RPMs, and the engine won't go. It's not like it's bogging down, or sputtering, it's like the engine is cutting off it's own fuel supply or something. Lasts a few second, then back to normal. It will sometimes do it for a few more upshifts, then everything is normal. I still never got it looked at, and at this point, I'm not going to bother. But it is a very strange thing for a car to do.
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Mine does this all the time
The exhaust note changes as well

I had this happen to me during a traffic jam and it is so frustrating because its as if you have a 90hp civic
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote