Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #57
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Hayabusa
Old 11-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #58
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
GM can't say that because their junk is built in Canada and Mexico.

JUNK???
JUNK!!!!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #59
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
In bashing the op everyone completely missed that this guy thought the genesis is a 6 gen Camaro... Lol
Yep I'm an idiot, I didn't read the post. I just looked at the picture and assumed it had something to do with the Generation 6 Camaro since the post is in a Camaro forum.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #60
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
At least that won't leave you on the side of the road broken down. I don't see what bad the OP did and why everyone is knocking him. I went from a camaro to a mini and a hemi powered ram and haven't looked back. Haven't been stuck on the side of the road either. And a camaro is no longer an American icon. The car has nothing to do with America til it's done being built and sold at dealers. Only big wigs get money from the camaro. At least the Japanese cars give American workers jobs. A lot of Americans can provide for their families thanks to car makers from across the pond. GM can't say that because their junk is built in Canada and Mexico.
You are comparing a Mini to a Camaro? Since you have your opinion I will tell you mine....Mini's are about the stupidest looking cars on the market. Pretty hard to look manly driving one, do you have a white toy poodle on your lap when you are driving?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #61
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
Quote:
Nice Hayabusa! What year? I have an 08 and love it!
It's an 08 also,that's my baby!
Kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #62
Kdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
dude what do you ride now? I just picked up an L2 Gixxer 1000
Still got the Busa
Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Congrats, if it makes you happy. That is all that matters.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #64
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
hopefully this will post?
define the great deal... your payments must have went down by at least half right?
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #65
Kdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Of course, but it' s still built and owned by an American car company . A jap car built in America is still a jap car for the same reason.
It's Korean and yes I probably should be ashamed being a teamster and all and my employer get supplier discount with ford,gm and Chrysler .
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #66
Kdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Hyundais, like leases, are alike. They always look good on paper and upfront, and always are a bad idea in the end.

OP, you've been a good sport with the comments, but I would have to offer some serious advice and agree with many others here on leasing. A lease is the single most expensive way to obtain a car. The initial payments may be lower than buying, but unlike with buying, equity is never built, so the payments never end, so in the long run, you end up paying much more than you would if you just bought the car.

Even if you do trade up every 3 years, the lease will still be more expensive than buying. When you buy and trade in, you pay depreciation. When you lease, you pay the same depreciation plus a healthy profit to the lease company on top of that.
Ok gotta reply to this one. Unless you are blessed to be able to pay cash for a car as soon as you leave the dealer your car starts depreciating. I always do sign and drive so no money comes out of pocket. I will pay $200 to $300 dollars less than someone buying and can afford a maxed out car not a stripper or mid-range model. I lease end I have option to buy at a discounted rate. Example, my last car a Hyundai genesis sedan snickered for $43,000 dollars,in 3yrs at lease end I can buy for $26,000.when it goes on the lot you will pay between $30,000 and $35,000 for it. For a few extra bucks a month I can get mileage bumped to 15 a year which is plenty for the average driver. Depending on car company you can get your maintenance paid for. BMW does it and when I had my c230 kompressor MB I paid no maintenance . Even if the brand is not premium they will throw in oil changes. Again,while the average car buyer is putting down a hefty down payment and paying for 5yrs, after 3 i'am in the next best thing. Not to mention after 5yrs and your car is paid off and the warranty has expired,you start getting nickeled and dimed to death! When you lease your car is always under warranty! I have beem leasing for 17yrs and have had some very nice fully loaded cars that I wouldn't have been able to buy. Do I own my car no,but neither do buyer. The banks own your car untill it's paid for. My lease is mine till lease end and then I have option to buy at a discounted rate! Does it work for everyone (no) ,but I works for me!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #67
Kdogg

Quote:
In bashing the op everyone completely missed that this guy thought the genesis is a 6 gen Camaro... Lol
Reading is fundamental ? I said my lease ends in 3yrs just in time for a Gen6 camaro,duh their is no Gen6 Genesis,it's in it's second generation.lol
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #68
Kdogg

I knew I was going to take a beating on this and i'am a good sport,but lets not forget ( I LOVE THE CAMARO)! That is why i'am on this forum. I got suckered in to a early lease turn in and got a great deal. The only thing it means is I have to wait for the Gen6 camaro and i'am not going nowhere. Thanks for all the GREAT responses !
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I think that leases are great. I have been in the car business for 15 years and I just leased a 2013 Cadillac Escalade Platinum. I could of paid cash for it but I know it is going to loose a lot of money over 2 years. Sure I don't own it but 95% of people that drive a new vehicle do not own it either. The bank owns it until it is paid off. I did a 24 month lease and every 2 years I will be driving a brand new Escalade. Cadillac pays for my oil changes and tire rotations and car is under warranty so no repair cost. Best part is that at the end of 2 years I can see what it is worth and either buy it or walk away. I'm not saying that leasing is for everyone but for me it is great. We are going to see a lot more vehicle leasing. I get bored with my vehicles so again it is better and cheaper for me to lease. Again I own a car lot and know the business pretty well so I'm not talking out my ass here. Oh, Hyundai is actually making some good vehicles now.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #70
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Traded a Camaro for an automatic Hyundai?!
I did exactly the opposite.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote