Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I look at it this way, if there going to charge over MSRP then they don't respect the customer. I don't do business with places like that.
I do to usually... But that might be for a regular SS or Z06. As of right now we have no idea how many will actually be made or if they will continue to produce them.
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'StangBlaster5000 View Post
Just a quick "Copy paste" of the first article I googled "Obama backs off Cafe Standards"

"President Barack Obama's administration said Friday that it was shelving plans to toughen air-quality standards for ozone pollution - a key pollutant that has long plagued southeastern Wisconsin.

The announcement was attacked by environmentalists, but lauded by business groups as Obama bowed to congressional Republicans and some business leaders who said that new standards would be a drag on an already sputtering economy."
This is interesting but nothing set in stone. As I recall Obama saying to lay off medical marijuana and as of lately the Feds have been cracking down majorly. I see it everyday on the news.

Last edited by Runin11z; 10-26-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Grammar error
Old 10-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runin11z View Post
That's what I was thinking. But we have to face the facts that we know at the present moment. And that is they will be produced in 2013 but the future after that is fairly unsure as we don't know if they will carry the ZL1 to the new platform.

I guess I'm kinda worried that this may be a limited time to get a high end muscle car like back in the day. It's not like GM said the 9560 cars from the heyday would be on such a limited run. Plus with the government upping the CAFE standards how much longer are we going to have these beasts being produced? I think the day of big engine high hp might be ending soon. UGH
First, the current ZL1 platform and engine will be the same through 2013, that is a year and half. Second, yes 'someone' will pay the $7,500 over and the dealer knows this, the question is will it be you? I know it would not be me. But if your budget can swing the extra money and it will not bother you, then go and spend it. I can pretty much guarantee that with the extra $7,500, GG tax and regular taxes plus options, you will be over $60,000. It is your money and only you know how much you have to spend that will make you happy.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #18
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
First, the current ZL1 platform and engine will be the same through 2013, that is a year and half. Second, yes 'someone' will pay the $7,500 over and the dealer knows this, the question is will it be you? I know it would not be me. But if your budget can swing the extra money and it will not bother you, then go and spend it. I can pretty much guarantee that with the extra $7,500, GG tax and regular taxes plus options, you will be over $60,000. It is your money and only you know how much you have to spend that will make you happy.
The thing is if this is a half year run as we speak. And all the dealers are not garanteed one allocation. How many do we expect to see for 2013 and if these are not going to be ate up by people ordering the car before production?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
This is interesting but nothing set in stone. As I recall Obama saying to lay of medical marijuana and as of lately the Feds have been cracking down majorly. I see it everyday on the news.
To be clear, I just copied the first paragraph of an entire article, it looked pretty "set in stone" to me.
'StangBlaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'StangBlaster5000 View Post
To be clear, I just copied the first paragraph of an entire article, it looked pretty "set in stone" to me.
Awesome thanks for the info. I will be looking into this as it might mean the muscle car wars will continue for a little while
Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #21
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
So my question is should I pony up the extra cash to get in on the first production run. As it seems the second dealer is kinda waivering at this point. How many of the guys here are willing to pay over MSRP to get in on the first production run. I know it's my money and I can spend it any way I choose but, I want kind of a consensus of what most folks on here are willing to do if placed in a similar position.
If you have the spendable income and feel compelled to purchase the product at ADM just to get the ZL1 right away then do so if you don't want to wait. A strong hand, if there ever was one, is better than a outright gamble. But please read the broadcast sheet posted here on Camaro5 from Chevy that does not guarantee that the order placed will be delivered, pretty standard legalise as I understand it. I am only willing to do MSRP at this point. It's an individuals decision. Follow your heart I recommend.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #22
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
The thing is if this is a half year run as we speak. And all the dealers are not garanteed one allocation. How many do we expect to see for 2013 and if these are not going to be ate up by people ordering the car before production?
I really believe it will be much easier after July for the 2013's with a full year of production available. Also if you keep checking around, you will find a dealer that will work with you. You might have to travel or have it drop shipped to your dealer but it can be done. $7,500 is a LOT of extra money to spend for no reason.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"-Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
If you have the spendable income and feel compelled to purchase the product at ADM just to get the ZL1 right away then do so if you don't want to wait. A strong hand, if there ever was one, is better than a outright gamble. But please read the broadcast sheet posted here on Camaro5 from Chevy that does not guarantee that the order placed will be delivered, pretty standard legalise as I understand it. I am only willing to do MSRP at this point. It's an individuals decision. Follow your heart I recommend.
I did read the broadcast. That is why I'm kind of nerveous. I thought this would be a walk in the park and just go down to the dealer and pick one up. It has turned out to be the exact opposite. I have some serious considerations to be making tonight.

The dealer that wants 7500 over MSRP said they have one on allocation and ordering can commence Saturday.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I really believe it will be much easier after July for the 2013's with a full year of production available. Also if you keep checking around, you will find a dealer that will work with you. You might have to travel or have it drop shipped to your dealer but it can be done. $7,500 is a LOT of extra money to spend for no reason.
Like I said I have not stopped searching and if dealer number two calls me back tomorrow with a promise of MSRP I will be there Saturday with a deposit of 15k. Then I will be like chicken little in this thread "the sky is falling" lol. But I wanted to figure out if I would be kicking myself by purchasing this car from dealer number three and then people will end up buying the 2013 MY for MSRP or less.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #26
Runin11z

Quote:
"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"-Benjamin Franklin
No doubt... But I don't want to be left behind on this one.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
I did read the broadcast. That is why I'm kind of nerveous. I thought this would be a walk in the park and just go down to the dealer and pick one up. It has turned out to be the exact opposite. I have some serious considerations to be making tonight.

The dealer that wants 7500 over MSRP said they have one on allocation and ordering can commence Saturday.
Let your conscience be your guide was always the final tidbit of info I gave my adversaries, not that you are one of course. Make a choice based upon your head, heart, and income. It's a high wire balancing act to pull those three resources together but at the end of the day...one is better off saying they made a choice and stuck with it rather than coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #28
Runin11z

Quote:
Let your conscience be your guide was always the final tidbit of info I gave my adversaries, not that you are one of course. Make a choice based upon your head, heart, and income. It's a high wire balancing act to pull those three resources together but at the end of the day...one is better off saying they made a choice and stuck with it rather than coulda, woulda, shoulda.
That is good advice Let's just say its like marriage. But I need folks with inside knowledge to figure out if the 2013MY will be enough to go around to all the consumers that want one. Don't want to be one of the folks talking to my kids one day saying I could have bought a ZL1.