Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #15
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
How many miles are on the car? I have 16k and 7 or 8 track days, with no issues yet (fingers crossed)
So your problems were strictly tranny and not clutch right?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
backeddy
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 1,529
Not sure yet.....so I cannot say either way, unlike the OP mine is not a sudden onset problem, that will most likely get worse, but a design flaw from day 1....my guess it is the master not moving enough fluid when hot. I have 6 more track days before I am tearing it all out, hope it lasts.......
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,125
I assume you saw my thread?
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #18
backeddy
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 1,529
Corner have you had any more issues since the change out?
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #19
White_SS/RS

 
White_SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I assume you saw my thread?
Yup I'm familiar with it, sounds like you got a great solution from Steve. Hopefully mine is just a bearing issue and I wont end up with an entire clutch replacement. I haven't looked into it other than noticing the pedal feedback is rough, so I'm not 100% sure of the damage yet. I will, however, upgrade a few things if I'm going to be taking it apart. Whatever the issue may be, I know I won't bother with taking it to the dealer and will be doing the work myself. Wish I had a dealer that was as friendly as yours.
__________________
LMS Engineering
White_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #20
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2014 SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Haslet, TX
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Well I do track it. Seems my clutch time has come like so many others. Lol. Do I just need the slave assembly to fix the issue? What are my options?
Lol, the stock clutch (as most are finding out) is not up to the task of abuse with the weight of the Gen 5 Camaro.

It's more than likely that its just the bearing that needs to be replaced, however you can only get a new release bearing by purchasing the entire slave. Also the stock plastic bearing support needs to be thrown in the trash, and replaced with billet steel.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #21
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Corner have you had any more issues since the change out?
No, but i have a 500 (at 300 today) mile city driving break in period so no hard driving. I have however been letting the rear end slide around as i need to burn off what's left of my tires so i can get my new tires for COTA installed. I have stepped on it getting on the FRWY and the point where my old clutch would fade away is no longer happening. Im quite confident in Steve's clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Yup I'm familiar with it, sounds like you got a great solution from Steve. Hopefully mine is just a bearing issue and I wont end up with an entire clutch replacement. I haven't looked into it other than noticing the pedal feedback is rough, so I'm not 100% sure of the damage yet. I will, however, upgrade a few things if I'm going to be taking it apart. Whatever the issue may be, I know I won't bother with taking it to the dealer and will be doing the work myself. Wish I had a dealer that was as friendly as yours.
Ok good then. That pic Steve put up is very disturbing about that plastic bearing. I do have to say though, i have driven my car as hard as anyone could of. If you remember i got the home page last year for my blistering laps/session at Fontana last year, and i wasn't heal/toe driving, which means i was putting super heat on the clutch. My plastic bearing was in perfect condition, but i replaced it with Steve's Billet one anyway. What im getting at is apparently the clutch is the major issue(weak link) i think facing us. I would still replace with what Steve has as well as just go with his clutch, it's far superior to what we have stock. Again Customer services absence here is deafening, they obviously know they have a major issue on their hands.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #22
jcamo
 
jcamo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs/2013 camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: missouri
Posts: 107
Really sucks hearing this... As I have driven mine really mildly (sunny sunday car). sounds like It won't last long when I start twisting the wick on this load.
jcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
backeddy
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Again Customer services absence here is deafening, they obviously know they have a major issue on their hands.
..............................................( crickets chirping )............................................
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #24
Bizaro
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 1,409
Forget GM customer service all they will tell you is bring the car to the dealership which in turn will tell you "its not covered under warranty blah blah blah not our fault we found evidence of abuse please give us all your money" Ive had so many problems now (gear grinding, clutch not disengaging fully, clutch vibrations, ) ive stopped driving my 1le in total just from pure disappointment.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #25
backeddy
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
ive stopped driving my 1le in total just from pure disappointment.
Funny you say that...about 2 weeks ago I started taking the MBZ and gave my wife the 1LE to put around town in..Only thing I care about now is going to the track.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #26
Bizaro
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Funny you say that...about 2 weeks ago I started taking the MBZ and gave my wife the 1LE to put around town in..Only thing I care about now is going to the track.
I hear you... make sure you take some photos of the teardown I would really like to see whats crapping out in our vehicles. Im really considering tearing down my transmission myself I just wish I knew someone with a lift in NY.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #27
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,338
I think for those who visit the track often, you'll probably want to eventually replace the entire clutch with a more solid unit that can take more heat and won't slip. Having a heavy-duty clutch in this car should have been mandatory. They beefed up most other parts, I fail to understand why they cheaped out on the clutch... Hopefully the next gen 1LE does not have this issue. I plan to replace the entire unit if and when it starts to fail.
__________________
2013 AGM 1SS/1LE, NPP, Camera
(1 of 43)

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, Hypertech 91 tune, ZR1 diff fluid, Motul RBF-600, Russell SS brake lines, SLP skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, Forza 3 way exhaust controller, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #28
White_SS/RS

 
White_SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,567
Haven't drove the car in a week since the last track day. Has a nice whir sound to it on cold start up. The feel has smoothed out a bit but I can only image that's because it's slowley grinding itself to death. Clutch still holds but for how much longer is anyone's guess. It will probably be a bit before I get it apart and really asses the damage.

The car really took a beating this last event, needs new tires, new pads, and new clutch. So much for the headers I was planning on! Lol
__________________
LMS Engineering
White_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.