Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
UMjman
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS V6 Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to UMjman
Paint chip problem

So I have a small paint chip on my hood. It is close enough to the raised portion of the hood to be covered with a spear, which is what I was planning on anyway. I understand if I place vinyl over the chip you will be able to see the indentation of the chip thru the vinyl, that is the problem. Is there a way I can fill and smooth out the chip so it isn't noticeable after I put the spear on?
UMjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I think most people are using the Langka or dr colorchip methods to fill in small paint chips.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
That's a good question, I'd think you could get a bit of body filler in it before you apply. Dr color chips won't fill it in. If it's not to deep you could do the toothpick method. Takes about a week. Put a drop in with a toothpick let it dry, repeat until it's even with the area around it. When it's wet it'll look much higher than it will when it dries.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote