Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #29
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
I have a v6 so i wouldn't want to put a Brembo sticker on mine, but how do you guys feel about a RS or Camaro or something of that sort?
CamaroCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2ss View Post
Stratman what color is that and where did you get it? Looks great.
It's the old dodge B5 Blue. Mixed it at a body shop.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #31
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FINE 69 View Post
I want to paint mine SYNERGY GREEN ,can I use G2 and paint over that or is there something else ???
You can request a custom color. You just need the paint code - WA708S for Synergy Green. I just sent a request to g2usa.com. It does cost $99 though, but I think it's worth it to get that custom look.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #32
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
I would love to see pics when you get them done.
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #33
Camaro4Life2011

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT RS with Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemyDaCop View Post
Well t5his may sound really cheap but it worked and has been for awhile now with no problems. I went to Autozone and bought the dgreaser and cleaned the calipers and wiped them down. Taped up everything that I didnt want painted. At Autozone bought the high heat engine paint(in my case yellow). Painted them with that and added about 3 light coats. Went to walmart and bought some paint that was a very close match to the color of my car and then painted them with that 2 even coats. That was it for the paint job. I then added the fake Brembo covers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170553714405 )and glued them on, yeah glued them on with high heat adhesive from , you guessed it Autozone. LOL. All in all it took me about two hours to do all four wheels. From taking off tires to setting up tape and newspaper and painting to reinstalling tires. I did this at the end of the day so the adhesive could set over night. then just touched up the paint where the adhesive was at. They turned out pretty good. I have been asked many times if I bought Brembos brakes for my car. Even the guys in my car club have to look twice to see if they are fake. To the average person, they will never know, and thats who sees them the most. Your friends shouldnt say anything cause they are your friends and the others are just envious that they didnt do it to their "just painted" calipers. They look awsome going down the highway!!! I have the black powder coated rims and it makes them stand out. So to each his own just thought Id tell you what I did. I know there are haters out there but if you dont like it then just dont do it. This is my car and I love what I did. I love all my mods so far!!!

hahahahha loved this^ especially the fake brembo stickers
Camaro4Life2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #34
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
how long did it take to get them from china???
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:32 AM   #35
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
It took about 10 days. Not very long especially from way over there. Oh and by the way the stickers already are on the covers.

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Has anyone painted their Brembo SS Calipers? Just curious, and if you did, did you replace a Brembo label? Where do you get them?
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #37
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
here is what i did.
removed tire and behind the caliper are 2 bolts, remove these bolts and pull calipers off. ( this is not mandatory if you don't pull them off you gotta tape everything so you don't get paint on rotors and such). once you disconnect caliper let it hang by the brake line. spray the caliper down with brake dust cleaner. i got mine at autozone.

give it a minute to dry and wipe down with clean cloth. once dry spray the calipers down with adhesion promoter then i used duplicolor primer spray. it will make it gray in color but will also help calipers take the paint much better. give it about 5 minutes to dry then spray on your paint. i used duplicolor metalcast paint i went with the red. i used 3 coats of the red paint, once it was dry i then used krylon clear coat on it. again i am no expert by any means but it worked for me and i also did my friends rims and used the same procedure and so far so good. again no problem with helping you do the abl whenever your ready.
Was looking up painting my calipers and founds some threads. Good stuff in them but...I would not let the caliper hang from the brake line as it would put undue stress on the lines, instead get some bailing wire or something else to tie the caliper to a part of the car frame/part so it does not hang from the brake line. Other than that good stuff all. Thanks
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #38
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
Has anyone painted their Brembo SS Calipers? Just curious, and if you did, did you replace a Brembo label? Where do you get them?
I will be doing mine soon, and here is some I found.

http://www.amazon.com/Brembo-Racing-...0&sr=8-1-fkmr1

I will have to see when i get them if they are good or not, price is right, but agian will see.

http://www.google.com/search?q=brmeb...c125f08e22a6ef

and some more.
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #39
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGA2D View Post
I will be doing mine soon, and here is some I found.

http://www.amazon.com/Brembo-Racing-...0&sr=8-1-fkmr1

I will have to see when i get them if they are good or not, price is right, but agian will see.

http://www.google.com/search?q=brmeb...c125f08e22a6ef

and some more.

Thanks a lot... You're the man. I think I may do the orange paint job... It'll look sweet.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #40
sliverice
Account Suspended

Drives: SLIVERICE
i am looking to Painting the calipers i have a sim car with chorme rims should i paint them red are silver what should i do thanks guys.
sliverice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #41
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Use a coat hanger to hold the calipers. Even on my CBR1000RR which has much smaller calipers than a car, I don't let them hang by the lines (and they're braided steel lines). I am 99.99% certain every manual for every vehicle I've ever owned specifically said, "Do not allow the brakes to hang by the line." Seriously, go to your closet and spend the extra 2 minutes to potentially save a huge PITA.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #42
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
its just something about painting little factory 1pot calipers that throw me off. I dont really think it look right at least for me, and the word "rice" come to mind.
I rather throw on some mgp covers which look 100x better but $200 for a set I think I will just leave it stock for now.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote