Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
"Shoulda gotta V8 crowd" and V6 Performance.

Anyone ever deal with those annoying dudes? No matter what you tell them that's all they say sounding like a broken record. I can justify driving my V6 as its my daily driver. Honestly I am happy with all the mods I can get for it and because of this forum it has given me a lot of ideas and hopes for modding my car.

Because of Camaro5 I have found out there are:

-Nice sounding exhaust setups and how to control rasp/rice
-Ported intake manifolds (just ordered mine)
-Trifecta tuning with ghost cam
-Performance Cams for the V6
-Super/Turbo Charging kits

I plan on keeping mine N/A for a little while longer but the amount of bolt ons this forum has provided me is astonishing and with the new cams I cant wait to see dynos. If we can increase our 0-60 times and HP/Torque it would be nice to just shut up those annoying V8 guys with numbers. The only thing that usually works for me is: "2 extra cylinders doesn't add 2 extra inches to your dick, the V8 is nice but there will always be a better and faster car"
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
YAY!!! we never had this conversation on here before.

Just be happy with what you got and don't worry about what other people say.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
YAY!!! we never had this conversation on here before.

Just be happy with what you got and don't worry about what other people say.
I am! I like how guys here really do like the V6 motors and the amount of performance parts for our cars are rising.
If we could ever get our cars as tunable as the V6 Supra's or even into GTR territory that would be definitely something to brag about even with our "little V6".
Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
If we could ever get our cars as tunable as the V6 Supra's or even into GTR territory that would be definitely something to brag about even with our "little V6".
will never be able to take a car with AWD
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Creed

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Shoulda gotta V8.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Wait a second, these things come in an 8 cylinder?!

Oh wait, that's right, it would have been financially irresponsible for me to go with the SS. Haters gonna hate, I'm happy with my V6. Has a lot of snort when I get on the accelerator, and is visually indistinguishable from the SS.

Oh, and in before the lock, I suppose.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Shoulda gotta V8.
it's on now
Old 09-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
V6 or V8 the car looks like it's doing 180 standing still.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Shoulda gotta V8.
Troll, Tits or GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
will never be able to take a car with AWD
You lose more power with AWD vs RWD, and Supras are only RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Wait a second, these things come in an 8 cylinder?!
It's common for tuner supra's to come with 3.0L Twin Turbo. All Supra USDM and JDM come standard with 6 cylinders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

They never came standard with a V8, there are a lot of V8 swaps but it would nice to see our newer motors get into Supra territory.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
My answer to them is one of the few car gurus Jay Leno who has owned every type of car had the same choice and ended up in a V6 and decided to twin turbo it. Keep in mind he could have done a twin turbo setup on an 8 because money isnt an issue with him but he still chose a v6.
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
My answer to them is one of the few car gurus Jay Leno who has owned every type of car had the same choice and ended up in a V6 and decided to twin turbo it. Keep in mind he could have done a twin turbo setup on an 8 because money isnt an issue with him but he still chose a v6.
Well I am 24 and I am still paying a lot on insurance even for my V6 Camaro, but this is my everyday car. Rain, Snow and sunshine I drive it. I might trade it in for the next gen Camaro with the supposed fuel efficient 5.5L V8 but that's a far cry away.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Yeah some people don't understand the consequences between a v8 and v6...more insurance, less mpg, and higher cost. As a college student I'm happy as he'll to own a Camaro! If I see a v8 I give them respect, just as I expect from them. Driving down the road a girl doesn't know or care how many cylinders the engine has...I think my car sounds great and is fast as I need it to be to get compliments. We all drive a Camaro and that should be the only thing that matters no matter type it is. there are always people out there though. What really kills me is how people who drive pieces of crap, or other v6 sports cars, no matter where I go always have a stupid remark "it's just a v6"..."he just wishes it was a SS" etc. Like why can't people just respect the nice car you drive? And compliment each other? That'd be too easy I guess
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
simt3k

Yea no kidding but the world is full of ignorant inbred rednecks who still think "Ye ha!!! I gots a V8 so its fastest car in tha world! I am gonna race to my cousin's house!"

Like I said 2 extra cylinders doesn't add to extra inches to your dick. Mine is my everyday car and not a weekend warrior and since I live in a shitty climate a V6 is powerful enough and logical for my needs. Now if I was earning 100K a year I wouldn't even waste my time with V6 Camaro but then again I would probably opt for BMW M6 V10 or a Dodge Viper.

These are not gutless V6 motors anyways. The V8 crowd needs to accept that.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Yeah some people don't understand the consequences between a v8 and v6...more insurance, less mpg, and higher cost. As a college student I'm happy as he'll to own a Camaro! If I see a v8 I give them respect, just as I expect from them. Driving down the road a girl doesn't know or care how many cylinders the engine has...I think my car sounds great and is fast as I need it to be to get compliments. We all drive a Camaro and that should be the only thing that matters no matter type it is. there are always people out there though. What really kills me is how people who drive pieces of crap, or other v6 sports cars, no matter where I go always have a stupid remark "it's just a v6"..."he just wishes it was a SS" etc. Like why can't people just respect the nice car you drive? And compliment each other? That'd be too easy I guess
No offense, but most of us who got the V8 aren't concerned with MPGs, higher insurance costs, or higher costs of the car. We either factored those things in, or simply don't care. And again, no offense...but it seems like most people who bought the V6 bought it for one of the aforementioned reasons. The V6 Camaro is a nice car. It is just as nice as the V8. Take the badges off and put 20s on the V6 and you'd be none the wiser.

But the truth is that those of us who bought the V8 did so for specific reasons. I would not have been happy in a V6. I've never been happy in V6 cars. Even when the V6 was the top model. I am a V8 RWD American muscle kinda guy. That's just my preference. But I'd never disrespect anyone or look down on anyone for getting the V6. Chevy did a great job with the new V6s.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote