Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #127
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
So if Joe Blow's license is suspended but owns the car Jane Blow is driving. Jane follows all traffic laws. If you run the car's plate and it comes back to a suspended owner, do you then pull them over?
I'm pretty sure they run the tags, then see suspended license. Pull the person over ask for ID run the ID everything checks out they say sorry and run them on their way. Obviously if its a boy and girl situation they probably won't runt he ID but if it was both males they would.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #128
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip_168 View Post
if the chic is driving and the registered owner(dood) comes up with a suspended license, then no he shouldn't, unless jane blow is manly enough to be mistaken for Joe blow, then you can stop & investigate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby02 View Post
You make the rest of us look bad, it's LEO's like you(if you are an LEO) that get
good officers hurt. Sorry guys, but this guy just ticked me off. There was no need for that type of response, especially from an LEO,( that is if he is who he claims to be).
I fail to see where he identified himself as LEO. His second post kind of seemed more like an, "If I was the officer..." type post. Don't let it get to you too much, the op already has a poor attitude towards the legal system to begin with.

RB43TD
Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #129
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise View Post
I fail to see where he identified himself as LEO. His second post kind of seemed more like an, "If I was the officer..." type post. Don't let it get to you too much, the op already has a poor attitude towards the legal system to begin with.

RB43TD
Read his first post, then you decide, forget the op. His first post potraded( sorry for the spelling) him to be an officer.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #130
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Just saw my good buddy the Arresting Officer by my job site! We spoke briefly. I had my keys in my pocket too! *gasp* lol.... I stayed far away from my car (and his) this time, so no charges. My car was backed into it's space so no chance to run plates from the comfort of his car, but he knows the vehicle is mine anyways I'm sure.

I get off work soon and he's seen the car... Here... Where I am...

I see this this fool parked over there where only a Camaro sniper would, lol...

Being a scofflaw isn't an aim of mine. Its has been my tense predicament. I cannot deny it exhilarates me (that and the fact that it infuriates you h8rs) at times though.

Memories of your jeers will sweeten my triumph.

Got my lawyer on speed dial, "Casper" in tow. I'll be home for vespers, you bet your sweet @$$.

The saga continues...
Old 06-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #131
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
Just saw my good buddy the Arresting Officer by my job site! We spoke briefly. I had my keys in my pocket too! *gasp* lol.... I stayed far away from my car (and his) this time, so no charges. My car was backed into it's space so no chance to run plates from the comfort of his car, but he knows the vehicle is mine anyways I'm sure.

Being a scofflaw isn't an aim of mine. Its has been my tense predicament. I cannot deny it exhilarates me (that and the fact that it infuriates you h8rs) at times though.

Got my lawyer on speed dial, "Casper" in tow. I'll be home for vespers, you bet your sweet @$$.

The saga continues...
So..your friend took you to work, right?

I'm just joking around, you know. Ultimately, none of the "haters" give a rip.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #132
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:

The saga continues...
Good luck with the chewbacka defense.

"My friend was driving"

"What's his name and where can we find him?"

"Oh, only I can see him. What's that Fred? You want me to tell them you were driving? Fred says he was driving. . ."

Basically you broke the law, now you're lying about it, and you expect everyone to feel bad and root for you? Next time I get caught lighting up a blunt in the police station I'll be sure to call you to bail me out.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #133
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
So..your friend took you to work, right?

I'm just joking around, you know. Ultimately, none of the "haters" give a rip.

Yes, I sure did. Although I was surprised when he had me pull backwards into the parking space since I was going to be waiting for him there all day. But that's my bud Eddie. So crazy!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #134
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
OP... one question, then we'll start from there...

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 06-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #135
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
this whole thread has to be a joke.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #136
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
I can't believe this thread has not been closed yet

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #137
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
That's the breaks

If you don't want to have ANY kind of issues with cops, just do whatever it takes to keep your car legal and your driver's license intact.

Driving is a Priveledge and most people take it for granted UNTIL they finally lose their license, then they end up paying thousands of dollars just to be able to drive again.

Good luck and like others said, a COP can check whatever he wants to verify you are "legal" to be on the road.

ANYTIME i see a car with a paper tag on it, I ALWAYS assume it's a car that is not registered or inspected and the driver has no insurance.

That is probably the NUMBER ONE REASON cops pull cars over for something like having a Paper License Tag.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #138
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Wait. What? You drove your car to work with a suspended license? You are pretty smart aren't you? Well good luck to you on your case. I have a feeling you won't win it. This officer is probably taking pics of you driving. Lol!
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 06-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #139
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Short answer to your first question Aby is "Yes."

P.S.
A lot of you sound like you were hall monitors since kindergarten, and would prosecute your own Mother's third strike for stealing grapes at Publix. I am sure you get invited to plenty of parties.
Not one person has said "Yeah what the LEO did was pretty weak." I mean, other than the ticket thing the officer was pretty pleasant and respectful. See?! I can say something good EVEN ABOUT HIM. His reasonless fishing was the problem-My tag was the problem- I complied- He went the extra mile- to make it worse.-My license became the problem. Now I have a problem wondering why I can find ANY consolation amongst purportedly like minded car dudes. I promise to post how this turns out. I shouldn't post now cause now I'm just in a bad mood.
I believe I addressed this and my post was skimmed over...so I will again address why I do not think it is "weak".

"fishing" as you say from tag running is not illegal. In fact, I hope officers where I live "fish" or "hunt" for people with suspended licenses and warrants near my home. I don't mean any disrespect to you, your suspensions seem rather fickle... but most people's are not. We PAY tax dollars to have cops hunt... period. You may not like the way I phrase that, but I don't want to pay a damn dime to a police department who sits in their building waiting for calls... I want them finding s---. That is how I approach my day at work as well for the benefit of the civilians the jurisdictional authority swore to protect, nor do I owe a thing to anyone else. If you happen to live in the jurisdiction that wrote you the ticket... same applies as I mentioned above.

That is why you do not get the sympathy you were expecting.. from post 1 it was clear you were looking for just a tad bit of sympathy (nothing wrong with that when your blood is boiling), but the fact is many Camaro owners are a much mature (or even older) community. My thoughts on police were much like yours until I had kids...responsibility...something that mattered in life. I decided then to stop complaining and make a difference about the ones I complained about. Not saying you are a bad guy, but there is a switch it seems that everyone has when the light bulb goes off and "it makes sense". It hasn't switched for you, and that doesn't make you or anyone else here a bad person. Mine switched at about the age of 22 after I got past the dumb ass college kid stage... you will get sympathy from a handful of guys, but most here won't.

The cop fished...a lot of people consider that earning a paycheck. You seem like a guy who will fix his licenses, others wont... those people won't keep driving through his street knowing they are "anal" or fish... that is what the majority tax payer WANTS in their neighborhood, man.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #140
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:

The saga continues...
Eddie, I wish you would spend some of that time and energy trying to be a good example, instead of just another person who goes to great lengths to avoid accountability and personal responsibility. I look at your picture, and see a handsome young man that looks like he has a great deal of potential.

That potential is being wasted here though, saying the officer and the members here are too stupid to figure out your "story" is a lie. I hope you realize that there are a number of law enforcement officials that are members here. I also hope you realize there is sufficient detail in that tapatalk image that you linked to determine the jurisdiction this event took place in (google maps and street view are wonderful things), and you are on a public forum calling the officer stupid and a fool.

I would love to hear how this turns out. I guess you'll be getting off work soon, so good luck.
Closed Thread