Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #71
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I understand. But, they are almost half what the others cost.

I hope you find what you're looking for. I decided I'd had it with mine and I needed to move on.

BTW, I am working overtime this summer to pay for them. I hope I can sell the others to recoup some/most of the cost.
Oh, no I get it. They are affordable according the the overpriced POSs we both already bought. But even at half the cost I can't allow myself to spend it. Not when I can get some cheapos even half THAT cost. The difference will be that yours will look much better than mine. But they should perform the same.

IF I can find some. If not, I stick with these crap wheels and just get some 18 inchers with DRs fro the rear to go the the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
but the original spec by Savini was???
No, I was talking about the paint.

Bottom line is Savini is a mediocre company with a good design. Mediocre equipment and apparently mediocre craftsmen.

No way one person should have the problems I've had. And I'm not alone. I could have painted these better in my garage.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #72
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I just refuse to let these overpriced wheel companies take any more of my money. They don't perform any better. Just prettier. I've yet to see anyone increase time do to the type of wheel.
Forgeline is one of the top three wheel suppliers in the road racing world. Their priority is high performance and strength, the pretty is just a bonus with them. Here are some examples of cars that typically run Forgeline wheels, bet they wouldn't run any discount cast wheels. Cheap wheels cannot handle the stress of racing, especially in a heavy car like the Camaro. Ask anyone that seriously drag races or road races, wheels and tires make a bigger difference than you might have witnessed. Some brands focus on being pretty, but maybe 5 brands out there focus on performance as a priority. Find a car like these on Savini wheels:

Old 07-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #73
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Forgeline is one of the top three wheel suppliers in the road racing world. Their priority is high performance and strength, the pretty is just a bonus with them. Here are some examples of cars that typically run Forgeline wheels, bet they wouldn't run any discount cast wheels. Cheap wheels cannot handle the stress of racing, especially in a heavy car like the Camaro. Ask anyone that seriously drag races or road races, wheels and tires make a bigger difference than you might have witnessed. Some brands focus on being pretty, but maybe 5 brands out there focus on performance as a priority. Find a car like these on Savini wheels:
That's fine but no way in hell I run the extreme long term type of stress those cars do. Weekend drag racing will be just fine with a set of cheaper wheels. I'm not running in the 9s or 8s and never will be. Stock 5th Gen Camaro wheels seem to be doing just fine. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to run a set of them. But I'm not paying another 4 THOUSAND F-ing dollars for another set of wheels. If I end up having to settle, as unfortunate as that is, I'd live with it. I'd have spent almost 10 THOUSAND dollars on wheels in a year and a half.

Funny how a set of 'Pretty' and fragile wheels cost way more than wheels that those cars you posted run.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #74
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Savini has unique designs, and a brand name that cost more. People that buy them tend to want them, and nothing else. Same could be said about Asanti and Giovanna. Or, pretty much anything else in life with a brand name and image/lifestyle that matches a customer's bank account.

For your wheels, I'd recommend having a paint shop strip the black paint off of them and leave them fully chromed. That should be the most durable and best looking outcome, rather than chipped paint. At least they would look somewhat new that way. Paint just doesn't adhere very well to chrome. If I were building wheels, i'd not even offer that finish option.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #75
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Yup. That's what I thought. I won't pay that much for wheels again. They may look good, but I'll have to settle for less look to get the performance. Any smaller wheel will perform the same. I just refuse to let these overpriced wheel companies take any more of my money. They don't perform any better. Just prettier. I've yet to see anyone increase time do to the type of wheel. Only the dimensions and tires. At least not what I'd consider enough for me to spend that kind of cake.

I'm not saying you're not justified in the money you are paying. They are worth it for the looks. Style and finish. I just can't pay that now.
Really?

I could have swore John told me his Savini's took a whole two tenths of a second off his 1/4 mile. The track loves them purdy rims.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #76
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Savini has unique designs, and a brand name that cost more. People that buy them tend to want them, and nothing else. Same could be said about Asanti and Giovanna. Or, pretty much anything else in life with a brand name and image/lifestyle that matches a customer's bank account.

For your wheels, I'd recommend having a paint shop strip the black paint off of them and leave them fully chromed. That should be the most durable and best looking outcome, rather than chipped paint. At least they would look somewhat new that way. Paint just doesn't adhere very well to chrome. If I were building wheels, i'd not even offer that finish option.
I may still take the paint off to sell if I have to. But I've had a lot of interest in PMs. A few bites on 3k but most guys want to wait if I let them go for 2k. Right now it's 3k unless I can get into some others but then. Time will tell. I'm over the fact that they turned out to be such a pos product, but I'm just really kicking myself for getting 22s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Really?

I could have swore John told me his Savini's took a whole two tenths of a second off his 1/4 mile. The track loves them purdy rims.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #77
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I say go back to the OEM 21's
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #78
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I say go back to the OEM 21's

Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #79
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
OMG, between you and Emma and your continuing "issues" with the Savini's - I hope you can unload them.

My 3-pc forged Vossen's have been sitting in my garage since February (couldn't decide whether to sell um or mount um - stupid me "assumed" the order I bought from another member were stock - NOT). They are 20x9, 20x11. But I decided to go ahead and buy rubber for them - mounting this week. These will be my summer wheels. Wish me luck.

I'm hoping this chapter of your life is soon to be behind you, my friend.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #80
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
OMG, between you and Emma and your continuing "issues" with the Savini's - I hope you can unload them.

My 3-pc forged Vossen's have been sitting in my garage since February (couldn't decide whether to sell um or mount um - stupid me "assumed" the order I bought from another member were stock - NOT). They are 20x9, 20x11. But I decided to go ahead and buy rubber for them - mounting this week. These will be my summer wheels. Wish me luck.

I'm hoping this chapter of your life is soon to be behind you, my friend.
Pics pics pics........... You got my sizes.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #81
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Pics pics pics........... You got my sizes.

As soon as I get them on the car you WILL see pics!!! Happy Birthday young man..
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #82
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
PQ good luck with the sale.........I really wanted the same wheels for my car but with all the problems you had I lost interest.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #83
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
OH Loriiiiiiiii I have a wonderful set of nice Savini, chrome, 22's VIBRATING wheels as well. Gotta love Savini. NOT
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #84
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
As soon as I get them on the car you WILL see pics!!! Happy Birthday young man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by third1 View Post
PQ good luck with the sale.........I really wanted the same wheels for my car but with all the problems you had I lost interest.
You ain't missing anything.

Closed Thread