Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Have you tried PMing Becky@Rodgerschevrolet.com ? She is the Queen of tracking.She'll help you figure it all out.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I don't know what the exact story of your car is - but keep something in mind......we just started production of the 2012 models. There are a substantial number of changes -- many of them 'under the skin' - and we are committed to designing, building, and selling the world's best cars and trucks.

I do know that we held a number of cars for various reasons - perhaps a part doesn't quite meet our standards - or something doesn't fit just as it should - or perhaps the stitching is wrong on an interior part -

We hold the cars and go back and correct them because we want your new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned.

Additionally - if you ordered your car with stripes - it goes 'off-site' to have the stripes put on - and when it returns to the plant - we do another quality check - if something about the stripes isn't right - back it goes. (the company that puts them on is doing a great job, by the way - )

so - I know it's hard to be patient - as nearly everyone on this site knows - the urge to jump behind the wheel and go for a spin at all hours of the day or night is very strong!

(..........and a word of caution: Beware of PERMA-GRIN!.....)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixGXP View Post
Waiting 8 months doesn't count when you fully know it's not going into production for months. I'm just sayin it didn't take nearly as long for my Grand Prix GXP that I ordered back in 2007. Furthermore, my dealer just told me yesterday that he had some sort of S-U-V that was built on the 8th of this month, and it arrived Monday night which would have been the 15th. Oh well, thanks guys and gals. I'm off to the TPW 8/1/11 thread where they are more sympathetic to us whiners...lol.
You'll be on here posting about what your first mods will be in no time. It's not that we are not sympathetic, but that we just dont' give a shit.

Ok. That's a joke. And a funny one too.

You are gonna love your freaking car. I can feel it.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
cshaw2049

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You'll be on here posting about what your first mods will be in no time. It's not that we are not sympathetic, but that we just dont' give a shit.

Ok. That's a joke. And a funny one too.

You are gonna love your freaking car. I can feel it.
That's a good one, brought tears to my eyes.

I waited 3.5 months, and now can hardly remember a day of that wait.
cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah, no worries. Once you have your car, it will feel like you never waited at all.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonVT View Post
+1

This is probably correct. Also, mine sat in the yard for 34 days before it moved. The only reason it did finally move is because Larry over at GMConnects reached out to some contacts and got her going again for me. The people over there are amazingly helpful and really just good people. I believe they are also volunteers, not GM employees. If you believe something is wrong, trying reaching out to them on their forum. Maybe next time you should do a little more research before publicly bashing a group of people that volunteer to help out fellow Camaro enthusiasts out of the goodness of their hearts, and because they care about this community.
Thank You.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  1772.gif
Views: 348
Size:  7.9 KB
Old 08-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonVT View Post
+1

This is probably correct. Also, mine sat in the yard for 34 days before it moved. The only reason it did finally move is because Larry over at GMConnects reached out to some contacts and got her going again for me. The people over there are amazingly helpful and really just good people. I believe they are also volunteers, not GM employees. If you believe something is wrong, trying reaching out to them on their forum. Maybe next time you should do a little more research before publicly bashing a group of people that volunteer to help out fellow Camaro enthusiasts out of the goodness of their hearts, and because they care about this community.
We do understand the frustration and will assist in anyway we can. Thank you for the kind words.

Lisa