Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone's support, even those who may think I should not have drawn. But I guess it is easy to look in on a situation. I have played the whole scenario over in my head and I would not do anything different if I had a do over. As soon as the guy got that thing out of the truck he was not only threatening me and my property. He was threatening my family. I gave the guy chances to walk away. Liquid courage makes people do stupid things. Sure I could have hurried up and got into the car but that could have left me more open to attack or given the guy an opportunity to damage what I have worked and risked my life to have. Yes it is just a car but it is my car and being a SSG, I do not make a lot of money and I am proud of the things I have. If it absolutely came down to it then the car would have taken the hit but I had the means to stop the situation.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
The guy was coming at him with a weapon of his own. OP had every right to draw.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
Good for you!
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #18
trooper182

It is sad that it is 2013 and it has been over 50 years since Dr. King gave his "I have a dream" speech and we still have such racism. I do not discriminate against anyone no matter what color you are, national orgine, religion etc. I will raise my kids to respect everyone. I understand people have the right to hate others based on the color of their skin. It is something that we fight everyday to protect. Not protect the hate, but the right to have that hate if people so choose.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
First off, thank you for your service. Second, wow, that is intense. You got lucky, and I'm glad you, your family, and car are safe.

I see you live in Louisiana, I'm originally from Wisconsin and moved to Arkansas. It's really pathetic that racism is alive and well in the South.
I am origonally from Arizona. Growing up I really did not ever have to worry about racism. Once I got my PCS orders while I was stationed at Fort Sill, I decided to go ahead and get my permit. Not to say that the south is not a nice place. People in LA are very nice. Just some bad apples still out there.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #20
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Good job and stay vigilant. These kinds of punks have infantile raging egos and they may seek "revenge" and "payback" once they feel brave enough to do so. Hopefully you'll never see them again but stay vigilant just in case.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
trooper182, Thanks for your service. You handled the situation well, and thanks to the police for being there also to keep it from escalating further. Too bad the world is filled with A holes.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
First off, I am sorry this happened to you and your family. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior. However, drawing your weapon in this situation seems a little much IMHO.

And you would have done what when someone comes at you with a weapon? Threw yours on the ground and said buddy we can peacefully come to an agreement here? -You would of followed with, your being a jerk and 100% correct to belittle my service to this country and scream racial slurs at me, run me from an event and to want to damage my vehicle have at it. - YEAH RIGHT

OP - great job and good control of your personal self. nobody and I mean nobody tears up my property or hurts a family member. I commend you for respecting the officers commands and feel sorry you had to leave an event you are more than entitled to attend. Thanks for your service.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #23
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
A little much? Its obvious .....Holly crap I dont know how to respond to such a moronic statement. He protected his family. Thats ALL that matters.
Wow.....you just come off like a hopped up aggressive little punk.

To the op, imo there is time and a place to draw your weapon, looking on from the outside (I know easier said than done), it might have been a little pre mature, again just my opinion. Maybe getting in the car and driving might have been a solution..... However, you are the one who had to make that split second decision and if you feel comfortable with that decision than that is all that matters.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #24
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Good job and stay vigilant. These kinds of punks have infantile raging egos and they may seek "revenge" and "payback" once they feel brave enough to do so. Hopefully you'll never see them again but stay vigilant just in case.
Thanks, yea I have a few security measures in place where I live. Plus my dogs bark at any little sound they hear. There is always the chance they or anyone may try and do something to my car but I am not going to loose sleep over it. If something happens I have insurance. I love my car but at the end of the day it is just a car. It can be fixed/replaced. Family is my number 1. But Ill keep the kimber and shotgun loaded just in case lol
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Perfect handling of the situation! Obviously these ass hats had nothing but disrespect for you and your family! Great restraint and control on your part. Timing was perfect in your situation and done so w/o any blood shed. LEO's timing worked out great too and following their directions was a fine move on your part too. I'm extremely pleased to see they used good judgment and didn't over-react either!

This is what a C&C teacher would love to hear with anyone they have taught! Perfect situation with perfect control! And you ended up not having to use it, but had the intent to follow through if need be!

This is a world where C&C has become almost a must! Way to be there for your family!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #26
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
Wow.....you just come off like a hopped up aggressive little punk.

To the op, imo there is time and a place to draw your weapon, looking on from the outside (I know easier said than done), it might have been a little pre mature, again just my opinion. Maybe getting in the car and driving might have been a solution..... However, you are the one who had to make that split second decision and if you feel comfortable with that decision than that is all that matters.
Thanks for your opinion. I respect it
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Trooper182, thank you for your service. I feel you did everything right. Everything. As you may recall, in AZ your vehicle is considered an extension of your home, so if you were here and this happened, you would also easily be within the bounds of the law via the Castle Doctrine.

I applaud your actions. And I feel bad that there are those in society that would push the boundaries such as your adversaries did. I'd also like to second the previously mentioned position: I'd be proud to have you as my back-up. Likewise, I'd be proud to do the same for you.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #28
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Trooper182, thank you for your service. I feel you did everything right. Everything. As you may recall, in AZ your vehicle is considered an extension of your home, so if you were here and this happened, you would also easily be within the bounds of the law via the Castle Doctrine.

I applaud your actions. And I feel bad that there are those in society that would push the boundaries such as your adversaries did. I'd also like to second the previously mentioned position: I'd be proud to have you as my back-up. Likewise, I'd be proud to do the same for you.

John B.
Thanks. I am from Prescott, not too far from Phoenix. I do miss AZ gun laws. Cannot wait to eventually move back.