Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Question Trifecta Tune Update?!?!?!?!

I've tried calling Vince (phone disconnected) and emailing (no response) to have my tune updated for my 2011 2LT. Has anyone been able to get their tune updated through Vince or anyone else who supports the Trifecta tune?
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
thats what i worried about from buying the tune that its suppose to have updates through vince. i tried the same a few weeks ago to send my data log to see if the tune was ok and no response. i bought my tune thru bad news racing so iam going to reach out to them and hopefully they can support it.
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
i bought mine through a local tuner who bought it from Vinny, this concerns me. Do you think he completely skipped town?
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
This is directly from their "new" website (new to me) in the FAQ section. Did they screw those of us who bought tunes early on when lifetime updates for small changes were free? I bought my tune direct from Trifecta back in 2011.

"
Datalogging Eligibility
The WOT-Tuning Economy and BNR Budget series of tunes are not eligible to receive any datalogging support and are also not eligible for refunds. All sales are considered final.
It is our policy that the datalogging feature is considered a value added extra that is at the discretion of WOT-Tuning and TRIFECTA to determine if any additional service is needed on said vehicle. Any and all followup service in reviewing datalogs and providing updates based on these datalogs are considered extra value added and are at the discretion of TRIFECTA and WOT-Tuning to accept or decline.
It is at discretion of TRIFECTA and WOT-Tuning in determining if any, or what type of tune upgrade fee might be assessed for any addition work resulting from hardware changes and/or feature changes."
Old 06-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Well we bought it with lifetime updates so it should be honored. i will be in contact with bnr soon when i do my data log.
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I didn't buy mine from bnr, I got mine direct from Trifecta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
I originally bought mine through Bad New Racing 3+ years ago and had good luck. I recently had to upgrade my tune for nitrous. I had no luck contacting Trifecta or WOT direct, never even got a response. I went back to BNR and had my tune within 4 days (2 of which were the weekend). I talked to a Trifecta dealer in Kansas City too and he had answers quickly.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I was successfully able to reach out to Dan at Trifecta and have my tune updated. Try emailing Dan@trifectaperformance.com or submit a tune update request here:

2010 V6 Tune Update:

http://www.wot-tuning.com/store/prod...et-camaro-36l/:

2011 V6 Tune Update:

http://www.wot-tuning.com/store/prod...et-camaro-36l/
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
How does your car run way better without it? You'd think a TUNE would increase power?
It doesn't. I gained .1 at the track going back to the stock tune. After seeing that, I never put the trifecta tune back in

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
That's nuts man......Did you just say 1 second?

I guess since i'm not going to the track anytime soon, i'll just keep the tune installed for the Cam...I like how I can turn it on and off at will.
.1 of a second.

I'd also be careful with the cam. I know a lot of members had complained it caused their cars to shut off while using it. When it finally did it to mine, I decided to dump the tune

Old 06-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #11
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
It doesn't. I gained .1 at the track going back to the stock tune. After seeing that, I never put the trifecta tune back in

Same day? Same conditions? Same mods?

I would not put too much into it being the "TUNE" that created this difference. I have seen that much of a change just from run to run on days that I have been to the track.

Just asking, don't want others to misunderstand that a stock tune is better than an aftermarket tune.

Maybe it worked for you, (sounds like you are happy with going back to stock).

Posted below wil lbe my times when at the track when I set a new P.B.
Attached Images

Last edited by rtcat600man; 06-23-2014 at 05:26 AM.
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #12
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Same day? Same conditions? Same mods?

I would not put too much into it being the "TUNE" that created this difference. I have seen that much of a change just from run to run on days that I have been to the track.

Just asking, don't want others to misunderstand that a stock tune is better than an aftermarket tune.

Maybe it worked for you, (sounds like you are happy with going back to stock).

Posted below wil lbe my times when at the track when I set a new P.B.
Yes I tested this over 3 weeks at the local track. Ran one week with trifecta and another without. .1 difference was shown. Then on the third week I loaded the trifecta tune at the track then loaded the stock tune. .1 difference was there again. Temps were all pretty much the same with a 2 degree difference at most. I also raced my buddy who is dead consistent with his car and he ran the same time all 3 weeks. As well as me launching at 1000 rpm and 60ft times 2.0 consistently so it wasn't a better 60 that caused it.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #13
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Yes I tested this over 3 weeks at the local track. Ran one week with trifecta and another without. .1 difference was shown. Then on the third week I loaded the trifecta tune at the track then loaded the stock tune. .1 difference was there again. Temps were all pretty much the same with a 2 degree difference at most. I also raced my buddy who is dead consistent with his car and he ran the same time all 3 weeks. As well as me launching at 1000 rpm and 60ft times 2.0 consistently so it wasn't a better 60 that caused it.

Thanks for the kind response. Interesting. I will have to give that a try next time I go this fall. Take my laptop and go back to stock set-up at some point during the day.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #14
lscamaro

I'd test it. I realize every car is different so I tried to keep everything as consistent as I could for testing on my car. It just so happens my car runs better without the trifecta tune

Tags
trifecta, trifecta tune