Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
KAPPS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Transmission Noise

I recently installed a twin disc clutch in my 2010 SS. I have recently noticed a rattle noise when the car is in neutral and the clutch is not engaged. the noise goes away when the clutch is engaged. Noise sounds like it's coming from the transmission area. Also, (not sure if it's related) but the "service Stabilitrak" light has come on a few times lighting up the Stabilitrak AND the traction control lights. On top of that a few times when starting off in first, I noticed a whine, almost like a shaft or bearing at slow take off. Any advice on this would be great! thanks everybody
KAPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quick guess would be the throw out bearing...not sure if the kit you have requires shims for the T/O bearing
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
It sounds like normal twin-disc clutch noises. Some of them will chatter due to the floating friction discs, but it may become less noticeable as the clutch wears in.
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatter, clutch, noise, rattle, transmission