Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #71
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
The rear camera Display in the touch screen rather than in the rear view mirror would be a nice touch. Is the touch screen worth canceling and waiting for a 2013? I dont know. It isnt as easy to accept with the delays that have almost pushed it into 2013 and the $60k price. If it was an SS, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but + $20k for a ZL1 makes it proportionally more disappointing.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #72
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
I already planned on going with ALPINE's AFTERMARKET unit anyway and it looks to be WAY BETTER than any FACTORY system... so I don't care if GM offers a 7" touchscreen and MYLINK. Most aftermarket systems let you do more anyway like WATCH DVD's and use the navigation while moving and ALPINE'S unit appears to be fully integrated into the CAMARO as if it were OEM anyway:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700CMO9...ssi=4&skipvs=T

Highlights:
  • package includes the Alpine INA-W910 navigation receiver, with Perfect Fit dash adapter and steering wheel controls interface package for 2010-up Camaro<LI class=list-heading>General features:
  • DVD/navigation receiver with 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
  • Perfect Fit dash adapter package works with any 2010-up Camaro
  • internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • steering wheel controls interface included
  • built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling
  • built-in HD Radio™
  • free lifetime traffic subscription
  • works with free PANDORA® iPhone app
  • fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings<LI class=list-heading>Audio/video features:
  • plays DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW
  • plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on CD and DVD
  • 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
  • compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor<LI class=list-heading>Expandability:
  • built-in iPod control via USB input
  • compatible with SXV100 XM satellite radio tuner
  • inputs: USB input, A/V input, rear camera input
  • outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
wow they finally made one thats not too ugly!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #73
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatdude View Post
Isn't it ironic that some complain that GM doesn't listen to their customers (like us on this site) and others complain that a touch/nav systems was added for 2013.
I believe I remember many complaints about a 60k ZL1 should at least offer a better stereo with nav system. It looks to me like when GM acts on our feedback it is a problem and if they don't act on our feedback it is a problem.

My view is Thanks GM for listening and actually taking action for your customers based on your customers wants and needs. Thanks for all of the information that you provide, even though us couch auto engineer marketing people always want more and always know what is best for someone else's company.
I will get down off my soap box now and go back to checking the couch for my 2013 ZL1 savings fund. I want one of these ZL1s before the ram jet engine and flight navigation system is installed.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #74
Disco

Drives: Not Available yet
Well I hate to say it....but due to the economy I will have to cancel my order.
I just completed a refinance on my home and had to take advantage of the low rates.
Sorry GM, but I had to take advantage of Obama's mistakes...lmao
2013 ZL1....I will see you in da future!
2050 01/24/12

Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
For our very first Disciple meeting our youngest member had graduated from college the day before she got on the plane to travel to Detroit. I am one of the oldest, if not the oldest at age ummm....ummmm....old. I no longer actively race, but I believe I can still handle a Z06 and hopefully a ZL1 on a racetrack.

Just as Camaro5 covers the full spectrum so does the group of Disciples. Our job is to represent all of you.
Janet
Let me assure those of you reading this: Janet can take you around the track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park - and most will scream like 'lil school girls. This woman can DRIVE! (she's featured in some of our old Autoshow SS videos.......)

Disciples:

8 men
7 women
2 Canadians
the rest from various states

When we started: Youngest was 20 - oldest was ........well........I ain't sayin.....

All four Generations of Camaros were represented AS WAS Firebird and Corvette. (Janet is our "Corvette" representative....) (and she's patiently awaiting her ZL1 which is sitting in Oshawa and is "Bro Zeke's" twin brother.....

We have engineers, teachers, software engineers, marketing managers, business owners, Telecommunications engineers, guidance counselors, Service managers, Website owners, Website moderators, Body shop owners, Urban Planners, drag racers, autocrossers, - we even have one that works for NASA!

...suffice it to say that each of the disciples is well-known within their enthusiast communities........and they are all 'rabid' Camaro Enthusiasts.

..and the most amazing part? THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! (they love to get together and celebrate these great cars and trucks....) They are not bashful in telling us what we need to hear........

Last edited by fbodfather; 03-28-2012 at 09:58 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #76
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatdude View Post
Isn't it ironic that some complain that GM doesn't listen to their customers (like us on this site) and others complain that a touch/nav systems was added for 2013.
I believe I remember many complaints about a 60k ZL1 should at least offer a better stereo with nav system. It looks to me like when GM acts on our feedback it is a problem and if they don't act on our feedback it is a problem.

My view is Thanks GM for listening and actually taking action for your customers based on your customers wants and needs. Thanks for all of the information that you provide, even though us couch auto engineer marketing people always want more and always know what is best for someone else's company.
I will get down off my soap box now and go back to checking the couch for my 2013 ZL1 savings fund. I want one of these ZL1s before the ram jet engine and flight navigation system is installed.
My grandfather had a saying - and I think it was 'coined' at a Chevy meeting in the 1950s......

there was a Chevy dealer "bloviating" at a Dealer Meeting - making all kinds of demands and accusations...........this was a very successful dealer, but he couldn't quite see the glass as "half full" rather than "half empty"

.....anywhoo: Grandfather stood up and said (I'll paraphrase)

"GAWDAMMIT RED! JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF COULD DESCEND INTO YOUR SHOWROOM AND SPIT NICKELS...........AND YOU'D BITCH THAT THEY WEREN'T DIMES!!!!"

The point: No matter what we do - we'll never keep everyone happy. We'll die trying, tho!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #77
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Let me assure those of you reading this: Janet can take you around the track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park - and most will scream like 'lil school girls. This woman can DRIVE! (she's featured in some of our old Autoshow SS videos.......)

Disciples:

8 men
7 women
2 Canadians
the rest from various states

When we started: Youngest was 20 - oldest was ........well........I ain't sayin.....

All four Generations of Camaros were represented AS WAS Firebird and Corvette. (Janet is our "Corvette" representative....) (and she's patiently awaiting her ZL1 which is sitting in Oshawa and is "Bro Zeke's" twin brother.....

We have engineers, teachers, software engineers, marketing managers, business owners, Telecommunications engineers, guidance counselors, Service managers, Website owners, Website moderators, Body shop owners, Urban Planners, drag racers, autocrossers, -

...suffice it to say that each of the disciples is well-known within their enthusiast communities........and they are all 'rabid' Camaro Enthusiasts.

..and the most amazing part? THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! (they love to get together and celebrate these great cars and trucks....) They are not bashful in telling us what we need to hear........
Is it true that you don't need sleep?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #78
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
The 1LE gets the touch screen and it's only the radio from what i've seen.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
there are actually three radios - (I don't think I'm out of bounds talking about this - if I am - sorry fellow team members)

The LS still gets the radio that we use in the 2010-2012 Camaro. It includes a CD player.

There is a touch screen standard in LT/SS/ZL1 models. It no longer contains a CD player. (there isn't 'real estate' in the existing I.P. to offer both the touch screen and the CD player - that's been part of the heartburn for some time....)

There is an OPTIONAL navigation system available for LT/SS/ZL1 models as evidenced in the press release.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #79
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Quote:
there are actually three radios - (I don't think I'm out of bounds talking about this - if I am - sorry fellow team members)

The LS still gets the radio that we use in the 2010-2012 Camaro. It includes a CD player.

There is a touch screen standard in LT/SS/ZL1 models. It no longer contains a CD player. (there isn't 'real estate' in the existing I.P. to offer both the touch screen and the CD player - that's been part of the heartburn for some time....)

There is an OPTIONAL navigation system available for LT/SS/ZL1 models as evidenced in the press release.
By optional, do you mean onstar turn by turn.?

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #80
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianSam View Post
By optional, do you mean onstar turn by turn.?
No - the press release talks about an in-dash navigation system.

From the press release:

"Chevrolet’s color touch radio with MyLink infotainment is available on all 2013 Camaro LT, SS
and ZL1 models. The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an
available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro."
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #81
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Quote:
No - the press release talks about an in-dash navigation system.
In dash, so either hard drive or compact disk based.

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #82
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Does anyone have a picture of my links optional navigation interface? On any other cars, I know the sonic has this feature

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #83
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:

Will the touch screen be more user friendly when using an iPod compared to what is in the 2011 Tahoe LTZ? Searching for a song is a pain in the butt in my SS but it's so much easier than in the Tahoe.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #84
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianSam View Post
Does anyone have a picture of my links optional navigation interface? On any other cars, I know the sonic has this feature

the My Link lacks pics still
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...&page=&butID=5

May have found something:
http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/chevy-manuals/

go to 2013 then Malibu
there are videos for 'View How To Videos for Color Touch
and Chevrolet MyLink Touch Radios'
this shows the interface
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned

Last edited by JMAN311; 03-28-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: found it
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wgas about a radio