Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
More Pics from NE Auto Show

I posted some pics of the Camaro in the main section, but I also got some other great photos...

The G8 is a REALLY good looking car. It really might be my next (kids fit better) car and its not as big as I thought it would be. The proportions are nice.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
ohhhhhh......
Look at that V8 staring you in the face..... And those headlights, and the grille...and the engine....

:eek: Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro.......

Great pics
Old 12-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
LSxcellent

Some more goodness
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Deaaaam....love the pix. That G8 is really something else. And the Challenger, well, I think that is a pretty nice car too. But, what the hell is that Nissan??? That is pretty sweeeeet!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
LSxcellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Deaaaam....love the pix. That G8 is really something else. And the Challenger, well, I think that is a pretty nice car too. But, what the hell is that Nissan??? That is pretty sweeeeet!
The G8 was _really_ nice... it really had the 'stance' of a European sedan. Very short overhangs, very tight sheetmetal.

The Challenger was nicer in person than I thought it would be... it still seems like a throw-back to the '70s but its nice. Big, but nice.

The Nissan is 'Godzilla', AKA the GT-R. Its a 480hp, AWD, Porsche 911-Turbo fighter for $70k. It's freaking amazing. Hands down. It looks good in person too. A lot like a sports motorcycle helmet.

~LSx
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
yeah that GT-R is very impressive, and pleasing to the eye. Im usually, pretty anti-rice but gotta give credit where its due!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

See, IMO, there are different definitions of rice. There's the wiki definition of rice w/ the spoilers that don't do anything, etc. This is what I think of when I hear "ricers."

Then, there's the Nissan GT-R which doesn't fall into that category for me. IMO, that's a kick @ss car...just from the pix alone.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #8
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Yeah the Nissan is quite the car but IMO if it's from Japan it's still rice.

I can't wait to see one of those G8s in person. I'm thinking that's gonna be the new daily driver. Of course if I do that then I have to wait to buy a new Camaro for who knows how long. I might end up having to get a 6th gen. We're gonna have to change the name to camaro56.com.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
See, IMO, there are different definitions of rice. There's the wiki definition of rice w/ the spoilers that don't do anything, etc. This is what I think of when I hear "ricers."

Then, there's the Nissan GT-R which doesn't fall into that category for me. IMO, that's a kick @ss car...just from the pix alone.
any car from japan is pretty much rice to me...my opinion, or ignorance, you choose. with that being said to me all rice isnt bad rice...i.e. the new GT-R is a thing of beauty...I believe that I started a thread a few weeks ago about the GT-R other cars I feel are good rice are supras, 69-70 celica, RX7 to name a few
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ahhh...so that was the GT-R we were reading about. I gotcha now...and understand your definition of rice. All good!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #11
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I say the difference is between Rice Rocket and Rice Burner. GT-R is a Rice Rocket. It is Japanese, and it is fast. Rice Burners are more of some guy's mom's old clapped out Civic with a Formula One style wing, underbody lighting, and a coffee can welded to the exhaust pipe.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #12
LSxcellent

Yeah, its pretty hard for me to see the GT-R as 'Rice' since it really is a true performance car... I agree that 'Ricers' are cars trying to LOOK like they have performance, but don't. Clapped out civics, Toyota's with 22's and spoilers, or my personal fav (which I saw this summer) a Hyundi Elantra with drop springs, a carbon splitter, a 2-element wing and an automatic transmission!

The GT-R has 480hp in base trim, and is rumoured to have 530hp in super-trim (whatever they'll call it). That's no joke right there.

And in person, it just looked all-business. No fake wing. No cheap stuff. Just all business... can wait to line up next to it! My SS has some work to do.

~LSx