Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
IBM with CGM stripes?

I just spent the last hour with my wife by my side trying to pin down my final color combinations. I am down to three final colors. Now I need to pic stripes.

Silver Ice with Cyber Gray stripes looks nice - lots of real pics out there.

CGM with silver ice would look good (not available from factory and obviously no pics yet.

IBM with white is an obvious choice but what about with CGM stripes? Both too dark? I couldn't find any striped IBM car pics.

Maybe both CGM and IBM don't need stripes. I haven't been a big stripe guy in the past, but I have been looking at photo after photo and decided that silver is just a little plain by itself. The CGM stripes totally transform that color.

At least I am down to three. Some of you are still narrowing down from 7 or 8 colors!
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Good Luck alot of us are in the same boat
Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
You're in the same boat as me! I originally wanted IOM w/white stripes and IOM interior. But the wife doesn't like it, she thinks it's too "loud" and screams mid-life crisis car!!! So, in the interest of getting her more interested in making this purchase, I'm considering the same exact colors you are (she really likes the IBM w/white stripes). I'm definitely going to get stripes, but just like you, can't decide on IBM, CGM, or SIM. Hmmm, decisions...decisions... (I suppose it really doesn't matter, all three colors look great).
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
You're in the same boat as me! I originally wanted IOM w/white stripes and IOM interior. But the wife doesn't like it, she thinks it's too "loud" and screams mid-life crisis car!!! So, in the interest of getting her more interested in making this purchase, I'm considering the same exact colors you are (she really likes the IBM w/white stripes). I'm definitely going to get stripes, but just like you, can't decide on IBM, CGM, or SIM. Hmmm, decisions...decisions... (I suppose it really doesn't matter, all three colors look great).
We just had the same conversation. I am 37 years old and she says I am both too old and too young for a loud orange car. I kind of agree with her. Right now I am leaning toward IBM with white stripes. I would live IBM with silver ice stripes but those are dealer installed at this point (and more expensive).
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
IBM with white or even silver stripes would be nice. Not too sure about Cyber Gray, might be too dark. I'm sure it would look decent though. If I were to get IBM, I'd get either white or silver stripes.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
For whatever reason, I just can't seem to allow myself to order dealer installed stripes, so for right now the only options are white or CGM. The last IDL said that GM was going to be offering more "factory" striping options, so I guess everybody really just needs to wait and see what those additional options will be before making any final decisions. But I sure wish they'd announce it already!!! Maybe they will be doing the hockey stripes at the factory too.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
ya!! i already ordered IBM with white stripes. but to be honest i am still considering CGM stripes...i think it would look damn nice myself but everyone i get an opinion from says white. so i dunno... i have to make up my mind LOL. just like u guys....
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
IBM w/ CGM stripes would look KILLER. I say GO FOR THIS ONE.

Because if you go for one of the other ones, I'm going to have to hack into the mainframe and change your order!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #9
Tal

Drives: Old
They are all solid choice, get what you want!
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:52 AM   #10
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
i hadn't even thought of IBM with CGM stripes. I'd really like to see how that would look. I was initially thinking white stripes with mine but i might consider the CGM now.

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
TheCavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #11
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Can we get someone to show us this color combination? (IBM w/CGM stripes) I'd really like to see it too...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #12
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
I just spent the last hour with my wife by my side trying to pin down my final color combinations. I am down to three final colors. Now I need to pic stripes.

Silver Ice with Cyber Gray stripes looks nice - lots of real pics out there.

CGM with silver ice would look good (not available from factory and obviously no pics yet.

IBM with white is an obvious choice but what about with CGM stripes? Both too dark? I couldn't find any striped IBM car pics.

Maybe both CGM and IBM don't need stripes. I haven't been a big stripe guy in the past, but I have been looking at photo after photo and decided that silver is just a little plain by itself. The CGM stripes totally transform that color.

At least I am down to three. Some of you are still narrowing down from 7 or 8 colors!
silver with gray stripes looks OK but seems a bit tame. I think black stripes or no stripes would be better.

IBM with white sounds great.

If the CGM stripes have the same "blue" flakes as the actual CGM paint does then the IBM/CGM stipes combo "might" work but that is a risky choice. I would not do it.

CGM dosen't need stripes but adding black stripes would be classy and understated. A good selection.

Just one guys opinion.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
IBM / CGM
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Friend of mine had a Navy Blue Metallic Camaro with Black stripes:

NBM is closest to IBM. It was very suttle and often missed. Hard to find pics that show. The stripes are rally type on the hood and rear. CGM stripes might be better. Of course silver on IBM will be killer, but I am a little biased