Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
Anthony_

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
The lights have been out for a very long time now and I was under the impression that leaking issues were long gone.
if you view my first video you can see water at the bottom. I got these May 4th
Anthony_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
Quote:
The lights have been out for a very long time now and I was under the impression that leaking issues were long gone.
nope people are still having problems.. its a good looking product that technostalgia didn't put thru the various weather conditions. they released them to quickly...
real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #31
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
everyone knows technostalgia shipped out the first few batches with crappy sealant.
they might still be shipping the bad lamps
real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
Anthony_

ok update on messed up taillight. My tail light reached technostalgia. They said "one of the electronics in the tail lamp was loose. This caused the issue." They fixed it and were going to send it out. But I called and made sure they addressed the water in the tail lamp. They said that they did not and will check test it for that as well. All in all great customer service just alittle confused on how the electronics got loose. Will call tomorrow and follow up with that and the water issue.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Love my Technostalgia LED Tail Lights!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #34
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_ View Post
ok update on messed up taillight. My tail light reached technostalgia. They said "one of the electronics in the tail lamp was loose. This caused the issue." They fixed it and were going to send it out. But I called and made sure they addressed the water in the tail lamp. They said that they did not and will check test it for that as well. All in all great customer service just alittle confused on how the electronics got loose. Will call tomorrow and follow up with that and the water issue.
Got mine the other day. My co-worker, camaro104 put them in for me, and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it was less than two hours. They worked perfectly. I got home, and drove down the shore. When I arrived there I wanted to show them off but low and behold, three led's in the afterburner part were out. Boy, that was quick. The functionally is dead on and they really are cool, but unfortunately, three lights which are all next to each other go on and off. But mostly off. By the way, he resealed all of the lights and knock on wood, no leaks and there has been some serious rain lately. That's definitely something I would recommend to everyone. I'm just waiting for a call to see how fast I will be getting my replacement light. It happens to be the outer driver side light. Oh well. I guess I'm not a member of the no problems crowd.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
Anthony_

Quote:
Got mine the other day. My co-worker, camaro104 put them in for me, and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it was less than two hours. They worked perfectly. I got home, and drove down the shore. When I arrived there I wanted to show them off but low and behold, three led's in the afterburner part were out. Boy, that was quick. The functionally is dead on and they really are cool, but unfortunately, three lights which are all next to each other go on and off. But mostly off. By the way, he resealed all of the lights and knock on wood, no leaks and there has been some serious rain lately. That's definitely something I would recommend to everyone. I'm just waiting for a call to see how fast I will be getting my replacement light. It happens to be the outer driver side light. Oh well. I guess I'm not a member of the no problems crowd.
You are in good company. I think we will bother the s*** out of this company till they get it right. Im in ny the rain is killing me as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #36
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I've had mine a couple of weeks now, just haven't gotten around to installing them.

Sounds like I need a tube of silicone.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
Anthony_

Update called technostalgia they said they fixed the leak in my tail lamp they said it was a leak in the gasket. I was like wtf does that mean. He said they fixed it and are sending it out. They confuse the hell out of me when they talk.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #38
alexdragon05

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Black
Intresting

Well It looks like they stand by there product. A lot of people don't theses days makes me somewhat more comfortable ordering the lights.
alexdragon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
LewiSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
I just got mine last week and installed them. I double checked the sealant and it looks like they have listened to everyone. There was more than enough silicone and no breaks in it as I have seen in some threads who have water in theirs. The install was pretty easy, JUST MAKE SURE THE GREEN WIRE IS CLOSEST TO THE RAMP!! Haha I messed up 2 and it took me awhile to switch them because I didnt want to pull them back out.
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
LoPerformance Motorsports
Loperformance Motorsports

Drives: 2011 2LT
Got mine couple days a go. Went straight to the parts store. Got silicone and went around the lens area and where the wire enter the housing. Pre-maintance!!!!!
LoPerformance Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
Anthony_

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPerformance Motorsports View Post
Got mine couple days a go. Went straight to the parts store. Got silicone and went around the lens area and where the wire enter the housing. Pre-maintance!!!!!
Smart man
Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
im gonna do the same thing monday when i install mine
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote