Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #57
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I really don't see the problem here. Some guy parks his piece of junk right next to his car when there are 50 other spots open. He comes out to check for a door ding and the guy driving the piece of junk yells a smart ass comment from across the parking lot. I guess you're right, he should've just come out of the store, checked for dents, allowed the guy to yell at him, then he puts his head down and sulks away like a whipped dog ("Sorry sir, I didn't mean to check for door dings on MY car.").
My bad. I didn't realize he owned the parking lot or that only cars he considered to be nice and fancy were allowed to park next to his camaro.... Im curious, If he found a ding what was he going to do? Key the other guys car? Call the cops? How was he going to even prove it was done by that other guy? Its public parking. People can park in whatever open parking spot they please. Cars get dings all the time. Only thing you can do is suck it up and get it fixed. Looking for dings in public parking lots is a douche move. I don't car what you drive. At least act like this isn't your first rodeo. Leave your car at home if you're so paranoid about it being touched.
This thread is about people deliberately going out of their way to vandalize someone else's property. Not to whine about other drivers having the nerve to park next to your baby in a public parking lot.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #58
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
My bad. I didn't realize he owned the parking lot or that only cars he considered to be nice and fancy were allowed to park next to his camaro.... Im curious, If he found a ding what was he going to do? Key the other guys car? Call the cops? How was he going to even prove it was done by that other guy? Its public parking. People can park in whatever open parking spot they please. Cars get dings all the time. Only thing you can do is suck it up and get it fixed. Looking for dings in public parking lots is a douche move. I don't car what you drive. At least act like this isn't your first rodeo. Leave your car at home if you're so paranoid about it being touched.
This thread is about people deliberately going out of their way to vandalize someone else's property. Not to whine about other drivers having the nerve to park next to your baby in a public parking lot.
All I'm saying is, the guy made a smart ass comment to him checking out HIS own car. I would've done the same thing, check for a dent. It didn't warrant the guy in the clunker screaming at him from across the parking lot. The same thing happened to me last Summer. I parked way out in Timbucktoo. A guy dropped his wife off at the door in an Impala and parked right up against my passenger door. I walked out of the mall, checked the door and proceeded to get in the car (no dent). He wound his window down and asked if I wanted to trade cars. He was cool, we had a laugh and I drove off. Chill out man, everybody has their own way of doing things. If you don't care about someone parking right smack up against your car when the whole damn lot is empty, that's your deal. Your car isn't my car. If you don't mind some inconsiderate dope in a piece of junk putting dents in your car, that's your deal. I don't want to drive around in car looking like it's been lit up with double-aught buck shot. If you don't mind, more power to you. I paid good money for this car and I want to keep it nice. If I didn't care about the condition of my vehicles, I would've bought an '85 Ford Tempo that is already beat to Hell and I would've beat the Hell out of it some more. Eh, carry on.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #59
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
Not in the habit of parking in public parking lots. And now will avoid them altogether.
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #60
Jbakovich

Drives: 2011 Black LS
I keep my car in my garage everyday. The one day I left it outside an ex-girlfriend decided to toss a few eggs at my car. Luckly only one made contact but it did shatter the paint on my roof. Had to get the roof reprainted. On the plus people are jealous so it makes me happy.
Jbakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I've had the "use my trunk as a seat" problem.

But luckily I was able to compound it all out

Buffer or products only?
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #62
traildevil

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Spit all over my car lol
traildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #63
Kgarner1624

Drives: 13' BRM ZL1 A6
Quote:
That is THE most ridiculous thing iv'e ever read.... guess not everyone can stand up for themselves or their property. Obviously your gonna check for dents, or by the time you get home and check, the opportunity is lost and you'll have to pay for it yourself. Which is stupid.
Kgarner1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgarner1624 View Post
That is THE most ridiculous thing iv'e ever read.... guess not everyone can stand up for themselves or their property. Obviously your gonna check for dents, or by the time you get home and check, the opportunity is lost and you'll have to pay for it yourself. Which is stupid.
THIS is THE most ridiculous thing I've ever read. "...stand up for themselves or their property". Were talking about someone parking next to you in a public parking lot. Let me guess, you're a total badass huh? "YOLO"...Tell me chief, what are you going to do if you find a dent/ding on your door? Call the cops? Think they'll take you seriously? Even if they did what do you think they can do? You think their insurance is going to pay out on a door ding? Small claims court? Even if you saw him ding your car how would you prove it? Which is exactly what cops, insurance, AND courts would ask. Then You'd be out court costs AND still have to pay for it yourself. Grown men think things through. This is not a situation where you can possibly gain anything by acting like a douche in public. Welcome to the real world, kid. Your best bet is having a decent insurance that'll give you a freebie PDR like most give a free windshield crack replacement every so often. Haha "or you'll have to pay for it yourself" what exactly did you believe was going go happen?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #65
13SS

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
THIS is THE most ridiculous thing I've ever read. "...stand up for themselves or their property". Were talking about someone parking next to you in a public parking lot. Let me guess, you're a total badass huh? "YOLO"...Tell me chief, what are you going to do if you find a dent/ding on your door? Call the cops? Think they'll take you seriously? Even if they did what do you think they can do? You think their insurance is going to pay out on a door ding? Small claims court? Even if you saw him ding your car how would you prove it? Which is exactly what cops, insurance, AND courts would ask. Then You'd be out court costs AND still have to pay for it yourself. Grown men think things through. This is not a situation where you can possibly gain anything by acting like a douche in public. Welcome to the real world, kid. Your best bet is having a decent insurance that'll give you a freebie PDR like most give a free windshield crack replacement every so often. Haha "or you'll have to pay for it yourself" what exactly did you believe was going go happen?
This guy is the result of an emasculated population. What happened to the days where you could get away with beating the hell out of someone for attacking you or your property? In today’s world we are asked to grin, take it and not respond. Then we wonder why our kids turn out like this little girl.
13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13SS View Post
This guy is the result of an emasculated population. What happened to the days where you could get away with beating the hell out of someone for attacking you or your property? In today’s world we are asked to grin, take it and not respond. Then we wonder why our kids turn out like this little girl.
Another internet badass.... So sure that you're the one handing out the beatings... Over someone parking next to you and maybe dinging your door.... Dafuq is this world coming to? Now I remember why I went about a year without visit these forums. Because of kids like these
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #67
13SS

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Another internet badass.... So sure that you're the one handing out the beatings... Over a door ding.... Dafuq is this world coming to?
I can't believe you are a fellow Texan. Please tell me you're a transplant.
13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #68
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
I don't mean to keep this going, but how is questioning somebody about a door ding being a douche. Hypothetical situation: You walk out of a store and see somebody put a door into your car. You confront them about it (not being hostile) and ask what them what is going on. I don't see how this is being a douche. Are you just supposed to put your head down like a puss, walk passed them and pretend you didn't see the them put a big dent in your car? Maybe even apologize to them for your car being in the way of their door? You don't need to fly off the handle like a lunatic. Just approach the situation and see what is going on. They may be nice about it, apologize and offer to pay for the repair. Ignoring the situation will get nothing accomplished. "Oh well, they put a big dent in my door. I'll just mope back to my car with my head hanging and call my insurance company.". If kids were outside hitting rocks with a ball bat and one went through your house window, what would you do? Just say "Oh well, I guess I'll have to call my insurance company.", then go back to watching TV or would you go outside to see who it was, go to their parents' house, tell them what happened and ask them to pay for it? Just seems silly to let stuff like this go. Everybody is different I guess.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #69
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
I just always keep a tire deflator in my car in case someone thinks its a good idea to "ding" my door
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #70
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
This is providing much needed entertainment for me at work right now.

Keep it going guys.

JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote