Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
so how do you go about getting a JRE remote tune? do you just call them and tell them what mods you have? and is their remote tune just as good as going to the dyno shop?
You can just order it online or call like you said. If you don't have a laundry list of mods I'm sure it can go out the same day. Just call when they open at 8 am.

And yes, Teds remote 5th gen tuning is better than most dyno tunes. Just go look at the fast list on the drag racing section.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Whats the benefit of a hand held tuner and going back to a stock tune?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #31
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Whats the benefit of a hand held tuner and going back to a stock tune?
The ability to data log and monitor what your car is doing

The ability to check codes and clear them

The ability to go back to stock if needed

The ability to recurve tunes via email if you add mods. No more long and expensive trips to the dyno.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
rberns

No clue what data logging is for. I don't plan on doing any racing so I don't think this would be of much concern for me.

So if my CEL or other codes go off, my dealership would not be able to clear the codes after being fixed if I had my tune installed? Never tuned a vehicle before so I am learning here.

The ability to recurve tunes via email if you add mods. No more long and expensive trips to the dyno.

The nearest dyno for me is about 2 1/2 hours away too.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

No clue what data logging is for. I don't plan on doing any racing so I don't think this would be of much concern for me.

So if my CEL or other codes go off, my dealership would not be able to clear the codes after being fixed if I had my tune installed? Never tuned a vehicle before so I am learning here.

The nearest dyno for me is about 2 1/2 hours away too.
On the data logging. If you aren't constantly tweaking your car or adding a ton on mods then you're right. You won't need to log.

If you're driving your car and a code pops up and your three hrs from the dealer then what? With the handheld in the glove box you can read the code and see if its still ok to drive. Yes, the dealership can clear it but with a tuned car who knows if they'll hassle or possible charge you.

Basically a handheld offers much more convenience than traveling to a dyno. With basic bolt you don't need a dyno tune.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #34
rberns

Thanks SuperchargedSS,

All I got is the normal ARH LT headers and Cold Air Inductions for mods. I assume installing and removing tunes with SCT is pretty easy then for someone who has never done this? I think I might be going this route now.

lol, we keep jumping from one thread to the next talking about the same JRE Tune.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks SuperchargedSS,

All I got is the normal ARH LT headers and Cold Air Inductions for mods. I assume installing and removing tunes with SCT is pretty easy then for someone who has never done this? I think I might be going this route now.

lol, we keep jumping from one thread to the next talking about the same JRE Tune.
No problem. If you can use your email you can use the SCT. Shall you encounter any issues JRE has tech assistance 8-5 m-f. Just ask for nick.

For your mods the handheld is the way to go. I use that on my 9 second 5th gen.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #36
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You can just order it online or call like you said. If you don't have a laundry list of mods I'm sure it can go out the same day. Just call when they open at 8 am.

And yes, Teds remote 5th gen tuning is better than most dyno tunes. Just go look at the fast list on the drag racing section.
how much are his remote tunes?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #37
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not sure. It all depends on what you have for mods etc. Shoot Ted an email and inquire.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
rberns

Quote:
For an SCT x3 its $399

Depending on the tune will determine your cost. If the tune is for a CAI and headers its $100. Go to JRE website and you will see the costs for tunes.