Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I had that issue w/ my '10 Malibu. Used to drive me nuts, and I also heard it more when next to a jersey wall. That was in the fall of '11. As the weather cooled it seemed to lessen, and eventually dissipate altogether. Maybe it just seemed that way b/c my windows were up? Anyhow, dealer also couldn't remedy the issue. Funny b/c once I gave it to svc for the afternoon so they could drive it, hear it for themselves. Tech said he didn't hear anything, but when I got my car back, my radio station was on some xm hip-hop station.... I wonder how one listens for brake squeal while listening to the radio?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Dealer will be able to help you under warranty better than a website.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have had this issue with Brembos before. I had some on a Stang that I once had (I know, I grew up though) and they would squeak/screach when I came to a slow stop. I was at a track day and this exact discussion came up. Why do my brakes squeak like that? This elderly gentlemen asked me, do they work? I replied, Yes but they squeak at low speeds. He said, well son, they werent made to use in parades. LOL Point taken! Later I learned that this is a very common trend with Brembo Brake systems. When you utilize a high performance brake system some times you sacrifice a little noise. If you add performance exhaust to the equation though you dont hear it that much. If anything, knowing that your Brembos squeak, you can tell your freinds what a wise man once told me. "They werent made to use in parades"
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
^I like that quote!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by afhunter View Post
I have taken my SS to the dealership 3 times now for this very issue and the first time they resurfaced the rotor but it came back. The next two times they said they could not replicate the problem. He found the bulletin for the issue and that was pretty much the end of it. For me the noise is not just on slow stop but when i am just rolling foward, hard stops and slow. I try to go from 60-25 fairly quickly but it does not help the problem. I can't stand rolling up to a light in such a nice car and having my brakes make noise its embarrassing.
I am sorry to hear this. If you could please send me any more details regarding this issue via PM, I will gladly be able to look into this issue for you to see if there are any options available. We do value your concerns. I look forward to your response.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Wash the wheels and brakes more often. If you clean out all that dust they tend the squeak much less.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
MY BRAKES SQUEEK TOO!!! and pisses me off and is the most embarrasing thing in the world coming up to a red light and a high pitch squeek comes up like is an 89 beater
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #22
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
i knoww!! for all the money chevy has and all these other company's have, you'd think they could invests a little money to quit the squeaking. when the untrained ear hears squeaking coming from a car they automatically think something is wrong with it.