Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
curllytop

Drives: dont have one :/ YET
should i get a 4th gen camaro as my first car?

Hey whats up guys im a 17 year old guy and a senior in high school that LOVES CAMAROS!! Ive always been in love with camaros and just everything about them... anyway im looking to buy my first car by february because thats when i start early college and i need a way to get there and to and from work. Im buying my car 100% by myself with no help from anyone and yes im paying the insurance every month too. I get good grades in school and all of that so hopefully that will help me save some money on the insurance. I am an "experienced driver" by a teenagers perspective and i feel like i could handle a car like that. Ive been driving for 2 years and ive driven a 1999 mercury villager, 2010 chrysler sebring, 2010 hyundai elantra, 2013 hyunudai elantra, 2011 camaro, and a few other cars that i cant really think of lol. I dont want to spend over 2500 bucks for the car because thats probably about all i can save up to february. So basically what i want to know is is a good car for a 17 year old? Would the insurance kill me and my little food lion pay check? please any feedback would be appreciated
curllytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
For that amount of money you'll only be able to get a nice v6 camaro. If your looking for a v8 then an lt1 powered camaro can be had for that price but i cant honestly saw that would be a good car. While the engine itself is durable and can take a lot of punishment the opti and other sensors can , and do, crap out often plus they are a pita to work on.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'd strongly recommend a 4thgen as a first car. You can definitely find some high-mileage ones in your price range, and they're a lot of fun to drive. Make sure you check it out carefully. $2500 could be a decent V6 but only if you shop around.

A college friend of mine had one of these and really enjoyed it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote